Join our email list →

New York, United States | website

Belgian IPA |  ABV ?

Beer added by: Brianjames16 on 03-07-2011

3.65/5  rDev -4.7%

Growler from bellport beer poured into snifter.

Poursclear copper with a small white head. Citrus hops and a belgian malt profile stick out most with some ripe apple and plantane coming through towards the end. A small hop bite upfront with the finish of a nice fruity belgian triple absolutly amazing. Mouthfeel is nice and light doesn't bog you down. Carbonation is spot on. Overall a really great beer.

4.09/5  rDev +6.8%

On draft at The Lark, East Northport, NY.

Poured a medium copper hue with no head.

The smell featured vibrant esters and an herbal hop.

The taste was equally herbal, with a fully blown eatery yeast and clean grainy malt.

The mouthfeel was a bit thin for the style.

Overall a tasty herbal experience.

3.5/5  rDev -8.6%

Another in a long list of Belgian IPAs that I'm not sure how I feel about. I like belgians and I like IPAs but I think the two styles take away from each other rather than add to.

Color was a hazy orange, nice carbonation and pretty appetizing.

Aroma was to style, citrus hops combined with a strong yeast aroma and some pale malt.

Flavor was good but I, again, found myself wanting a little more of the flavor character of one or the other style in this combination.

Overall not a bad beer but not the first on my list.

3.82/5  rDev -0.3%

Had on tap at Bobbique in Patchogue, NY. Served in a nonic style pint glass.

Look: slightly hazy copper body with a thin white head that dissipates very quickly. There's not even a thin layer of bubbles on top of the beer after awhile. There's no lacing.

Smell: I get some pale malt, a bit of hops but not as much as I think I'd like, and some Belgian yeast aromas. Smells good.

Taste: a bit of hoppiness, with some citrus. Malt is a bit forward with some caramel and pale malt taste with Belgian yeast flavors providing most of the flavor, and it reminds me of a maltier version of a saison.

Feel: light to medium in body, crisply carbonated but it went flat kinda quickly.

Drinkability: fairly easy drinking but this is one of those "I drank one, but do I really want another?"

Overall: decent but nothing extraordinary. I like how you can really tell they used a Belgian yeast strain, as opposed to Havre Rouge, which has no Belgian character to it. I wish it were hoppier and it doesn't really measure up to something like Raging Bitch, but its okay. Worth a try if you see it on tap and nothing else excites you. Cheers!

3.9/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

This was part of Greenport Harbors "Project Hoppiness" releases.

A - Pours a hazy copper color with a lot of carbonation and small dissipating white head.

S - Hops and malt stick out right away. Some earthy pines and citrus aromas also.

T- Nice hop bite with a mix of citrus and malts. Good amount of carbonation makes it crisp and refreshing.

M- Light/medium body with a crisp taste.

D- Drinkability is good. I enjoyed a couple of pours from my growler and enjoyed this beer thoroughly.

Belgian IPA from Greenport Harbor Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.