English IPA - Greenport Harbor Brewing Company

Beer added by: afksports on 06-07-2011

to view more.
Ratings: 1 | Reviews: 1
4.47/5  rDev n/a

I visited Greenport Harbor Brewing on Sunday with the woman and found out they had finished this beer the day before as part of their "Project Hoppiness"... project. Awesome. Can't get it much fresher on tap than at the source the day after it's done.

And I'm glad I did. This beer is a solid A.

Although not the sexiest, it's murky copper body does have a brightness to it, and although the head isn't the puffiest, it does the job of getting the aroma to your nose. And wow, what a smell! It feels weird to write, but I don't really like the smell. Grass, pine, earth, trampled flowers, and an unshakeable mustiness. Yet... I couldn't stop smelling it. There's adjectives out there to describe the nose that I just don't have. It's more complex than the Golding hops they use for aromatics. I felt like I was holding fresh hop pellets.

The taste slides through with citrus, pine, and fresh dewy grass. That hop character meets some crisp bready malts, and finishes oh so smooth. The beer's medium body only adds to the overall impression as it suits the style perfectly, and there's enough carbonation to get the job done, although I think I would LOVE to see this on cask.

Totally drinkable, totally worth the visit to the brewery if you can't find it at a local tap. Maybe the best beer to come out of Project Hoppiness yet.

Cheers, GPH!

to view more.
English IPA from Greenport Harbor Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.