Dragonmead Ring Of Fire - Dragonmead Microbrewery

Dragonmead Ring Of Fire
No picture uploaded.

Dragonmead Microbrewery visit their website

Chile Beer |  7.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerBeing on 05-03-2007)
MichiganderHB

StoutHunter

11-27-2011 04:08:34 | More by StoutHunter
yankeej13

3.88/5  rDev +2.1%

Not going to lie I was extremely nervous trying this beer. I have had some chances to try a Chile beer before but never mastered up to it. While I was in the taproom they told me that I should give it a shot...I was pretty impressed.

Was on the lighter copper color did not have any foam head what so ever. The smell was so potent that it started to make me nervous again to try it since I don't like chile peppers or anything really spicy.

Once I tried it, not to spicy. Def had a kick to it but I enjoyed it. A mild taste of the chile pepper. Overall I would say it was a great success. I know for a fact I would not be able to finish a 750ml but since I had it served in a 6 oz sampler that was plenty for me! Cheers

07-26-2011 23:03:20 | More by yankeej13
SeaUrchin

3.33/5  rDev -12.4%

had on tap severed into a pint glass

appearance - a light copper color, with a head that was about 2 fingers, dropped to almost nonexistent after a minute or so, left some lacing, and medium carbonation

smell - a slight maltyness and hoppyness with a chili burn, love spicy food lets give this a whirl

taste - up front was a sweet maltyness than moved into a chili sweetness followed by a chili burn, this faded into a hop bitterness and a bit more of a burn, makes you want to have another sip

mouthfeel - very light in the mouth, this is aided by the carbonation, quite bubbly

drinkability - went down easily and if i didnt want to se how shorts black cherry porter tasted on tap i would have had another

overall - i was less than impressed simply because i expected it to really burn, the first time i had it i couldnt really judge it other than i liked it since i had hung out at dragonmead for a few hours before, would order again but i would ahve to be in the mood for it, pretty well balanced and quite tasty, not the best beer in the world but still good

03-24-2011 03:40:21 | More by SeaUrchin
hopdog

3.75/5  rDev -1.3%

On tap at the Dragonmead Brew Pub.

Poured a deeper amber color with a small sized off white head. Aromas of green peppers and just all around peppers. Tastes of peppers. Initially this one was not hot but the heat crept up after you drank it. I'm not talking a Cave Creek chile burn, but a lighter pepper burn.

01-03-2009 03:07:24 | More by hopdog
Deuane

3.78/5  rDev -0.5%

A-Clear golden kissed copper with a thin white head that left spotty lacing.

S-Sweet malt a hint of floral hops and the sharp zing of hot peppers.

T-Starts off rather sweet but then moves in to the heat. Slight at first but them it builds and builds. Never becoming painful or fake but you know you are drinking something with hot peppers in it. Being made with Habenero, Serrano and Jalapeno I should think you wouldn't forget!

M-Medium-light body with a nice crispness and a rather amazing smoothness ending the hot, spicy kick.

D-Rather good, but I don't think I could down many of these in a row. Rather one dimensional, a lot like liquified Jalapeno Jelly. Interesting but certainly not the best chili beer I have ever had.

09-26-2008 07:04:30 | More by Deuane
HopDerek

3.83/5  rDev +0.8%

On tap at Dragonmead on 4/25

Poured a clear golden amber with thin white head, average retention and spotty lacing. Smells of malt, floral hops, and chili peppers. Taste starts off with some floral notes with a honey backbone and a big chili pepper spicy finish. Medium light in body, crisp and smooth with a spicy kick. Easy to drink with a spicy finish, good if you like a spicy beer, but there isn't much else to it.

04-29-2008 02:24:23 | More by HopDerek
StargherKing

Indiana

3.7/5  rDev -2.6%

This was my first experience with a peppered beer, straight off the tap in the brewery. Looked like an ordinary ale, clear and golden with a light-colored head. Only when you bring it up to smell do you start to realize that there's something different about this one, the usual hops and malts come through, but any other scents are overpowered by the distinct scent of firey peppers. Taste may be an acquired taste, but being a pepper lover it was very nice for me. Honestly I didn't notice much past the pepper, the best description I could think of would be "a good ale with peppers in it", which I suppose is rather appropriate. I do believe, however, that a more refined palate than my own could find much much more to enjoy in this one. The mouthfeel was good, with a nice crisp sensation slowly giving way to the burn. Drinkability is the only area where this one suffers, in that the heat made it a tad hard to drink. I kept wanting to take a sip of something else to dull it. That being said, I certainly wouldn't pass up an opportunity to drink this one again.

05-23-2007 01:14:17 | More by StargherKing