Join our email list →

Fireman's Brew Redhead Ale - Fireman's Brew, Inc.

Fireman's Brew Redhead AleFireman's Brew Redhead Ale

poor

Fireman's Brew, Inc.
California, United States | website

American Amber / Red Ale | 5.50% ABV

Beer added by: scottoale on 08-23-2009

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Fireman's Brew Redhead Ale Alström Bros
firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
3.73/5  rDev +21.1%

Glass - Nonic

A - Copper colored brew with medium-clarity and moderate-high visible carbonation. It produced a 2-finger off white head that looked a little creamy and held well. I got a splash left on my glass.

S - I get a semi bright floral and citrus hop characteristic that doesn't dominate the malty undertones. I pick up caramel, biscuit, toasted bread, and soft peanut brittle like notes. It's a bit dry with dark fruit like alcoholic characteristics as well.

T - This first thing that comes to mind is a Brown Ale. Upfront I pick up herbal, rind like and citrus hop flavors, it quickly unfolds into semi rich tasting malts. I get lots of caramel and biscuit, brown sugar, a touch of toffee, coffee, and almond. It finishes dry with soft bitterness and cloying malt flavors.

M - Medium-full bodied with a smooth and kinda chewy feel to it. Medium crispness.

O - Overall it's kinda like a Brown Ale to me, which isn't a bad thing I guess. I liked the beer's flavorful malt profile, but I didn't like that it was cloying. The beer looked great to me and it smelled very inviting. I would buy it again because it's cheap and tastes good, but I don't think this is a solid representation of the style.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Fireman's Brew Redhead Ale from Fireman's Brew, Inc.