Guinness Black Lager - Guinness Ltd.

Guinness Black LagerGuinness Black Lager

Guinness Ltd. visit their website
Ireland

Euro Dark Lager |  4.50% ABV

(Beer added by: mdagnew on 04-03-2010)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Guinness Black Lager Alström Bros

1.1/5  rDev -64.9%

This beer upsets me. I love guinness. Every thing they were. And still should be. What they stood for. With this they have lost alot of my respect. They have sold out to the mass market. Guinness is not supposed to be for everyone. I'm sad. I'm sick. This is like metallica singing turn the page. CHEAP. i understand what they are trying to do. Be relevant. Current. What they don't understand is that the timeless rock of a beer they have been brewing for 250 years would keep them current on its own. Bc it demands respect. Its a fucking institution. Its not my favorite beer. I prefer more aggressive american stouts but its one of the worlds best liquids. Black lager is no better than yeungling black and tan or 1554. Like bud with black die in it. POSER!!! the slogan for this beer is. " if you are a pussy and are lying about it. Drink black lager"

1.25/5  rDev -60.1%

1.25/5  rDev -60.1%

We just got this beer in at the liquor store I work at. I was excited to hear that Guinness came out with a new beer, but disappointing when I saw the bottles...marketing aside, this is just a terrible beer. If I did a blind tasting of this, I would say Milwaukee's Best came out with a dark beer. It has the dark chocolaty/coffee taste at first, but it mixes with that awful, cheap-old-man-beer taste. I think Guinness should pull this product to save the name they've established. If you want to try this, I would suggest splitting a six pack with a friend. I split a 6 pack with my boss and I got through half of one before I poured it and left the other 2 bottles in my friends fridge.

Overall- Guinness is one of my go-to beers when I can't find anything appealing because all of their beers are good and fairly inexpensive, but this would fall far below adequate for even Miller/Coors and Budweiser.

1.43/5  rDev -54.3%

Plain and simple, a watered down version of a Euro Dark Lager.
Guinness should stick with their money maker. I'm glad I only
had one bottle,
A: tan foamy head, hangs in there.
S: mild, weak, very disappointed
T: a lite lager at best
M: lacks a robust flavor, just eh, maybe nitrogen would do this beer some good.
O: For someone just starting out on the beer find, a starter
and nothing more.

1.5/5  rDev -52.1%

I bought this because it was on sale at the local beer ripoff joint. I think foreign extra is a decent beer but don't particularly care for other Guinness offerings. This was a total disappointment. It looks good, but there is zero taste at all. It's under-carbonated, just like Guinness Draught. I'm not a macro fan at all, so don't think that that's the problem This was just tasteless slop. I even tried to marinate pork chops in this for 24 hours and couldn't taste it in the finished product. A poor attempt from a decent brewery, sad to say.

My son bought a twelver of Bud Light Plantinum at the same time I got this, and the bud was better. It kills me to say that.

1.5/5  rDev -52.1%

A: pours dark brown with creamy tan head, minimal light passage, some lacing

S: nose features stale roasted malts, buttery notes, watered down chocolate, lager yeast. Not anything good going on here.

T: taste is bland and watery with muted roasted malts, finish is acrid, this is not good

Mf: feather light body, medium carbonation

O: not good, nuff said

1.5/5  rDev -52.1%

Well this is just bad it is not that it has poor taste it just has no taste. It has a dark look with a decent pour to it but that is where it ends. It is a water tasting lackluster attempt by guinness very disappointing. I would say to pass on this if your in a guinness mood and get the stout.

Guinness Black Lager from Guinness Ltd.