Guinness Draught - Guinness Ltd.

Guinness DraughtGuinness Draught

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-02-2001

to view more.
Ratings: 6,646 | Reviews: 2,204
4.88/5  rDev +38.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Simply the best beer ever!

4.58/5  rDev +29.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I love this beer! When poured right, it's about as beautiful looking as a beer can be. The coffee smell is wonderful, especially for the coffee fanatic I am. A refreshingly smooth and creamy taste with strong coffee notes that finishes dry and metallic as one might expect with many stouts, though maybe a little too metallic for some. It's my go to beer in most cases and works great in an Irish Car Bomb (cocktail).

incomparable. It truly does taste better in Ireland.

3.86/5  rDev +9.3%

Served on draft. Thick and black with a creamy white head. Very little aroma. Taste is bitter with a hint of coffee. Smooth, chewy texture with an oatmeal finish. I enjoy this stout just about anywhere at any time.

3.35/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.25

I'm fairly early on in my beer drinking career so this is the first stout I've ever had. I've gotta say it really impressed me and found it to be a great beer but I feel like I'm missing something. The almighty Guinness is supposed to be a Titan of beer and I mostly thought It was middle of the road. I liked it a lot but I don't see what all the hype is about. I def. will drink more of this and hopefully get it on draft the next time.

4.5/5  rDev +27.5%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Very good stout! It's a go to for sure.

3.5/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.25

Not going to lie, I was a bit taken aback by how unremarkable this was. This is the first Guinness I've had in at least 5 years (the last time I tried it to see if I liked beer any better at the time and no I didn't) and I remember it being a lot more bitter. Instead it's extremely easy to drink and the bitterness barely shows up as a faint aftertaste. Granted this was from a bottle poured into a glass (but so was the last time I tried it) and I am currently drinking it right after I just finished a Köstritzer Schwarzbier, but I still expect more from a beer known as an Irish Dry Stout.

4.85/5  rDev +37.4%

One of the best beers I've ever had.

2.54/5  rDev -28%
look: 2 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Was disappointed by this beer tonight. Tastes more like a dark lager than a stout. Feels thin in the mouth. A drinkable beer indeed but doesn't impress.

4.31/5  rDev +22.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.25

Absolutely delicious and the low carbonation gives a great and unique mouthfeel.

4.12/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Nice stout, not my favourite.

2.57/5  rDev -27.2%

eh....just cant get excited about these anymore. Staple of drinking and all, its Okay.

2.72/5  rDev -22.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

I am writing a review.

4.44/5  rDev +25.8%

Damn fine beer best draft stout of all time classic

4.03/5  rDev +14.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

My go to easy to find beer, almost every place stocks it and it never disappoints.
If buying for yourself cans are most certainly the way to go the bottles just do not lead to the same creamy frothy goodness expected from a Guinness.

4.82/5  rDev +36.5%

It's a tasty stout that's not over-powering or too filling. The nitrogen makes it a lot smoother than most other beers that I've had. Can't wait to try it in Ireland

4.75/5  rDev +34.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

only draft or can for this baby

3.88/5  rDev +9.9%

From the14.9 can into the official Guinness glass.black as a moonless night.1/2 " creamy head.foam up&down the glass.coffee dirt taste which I like.not bad at all.Prost

My favorite beer! It definitely tastes better in the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin though.

3.87/5  rDev +9.6%

Very creamy taste with chocolate and coffee undertones. Slight bitterness but not overpowering. Very smooth. Dark chocolate color and smells like coffee and caramel.

4.68/5  rDev +32.6%

this is the nectar of the gods

4.52/5  rDev +28%

Can't get darker than this. Definitely the best stout beer I have tasted. Taste is perfectly balanced and I like that extra amount of the gas bubbles which are appearing when beer is being poured. Overall 4.5/5

4.5/5  rDev +27.5%

A: Pitch black with a persistent cream colored foam collar that etches the glass with classic lace lines marking each drink.
S: Chocolatey roast, grains, roast barley.
T: The nitrogen in the bar gas reduces some of the roasty bitterness but there is enough roastyness to satisfy any palate.
F: Satiating, super creamy smooth, full bodied and soft carbonation.
O: A go to session beer.

3.37/5  rDev -4.5%

Although I don't really like the taste much, it has a nice smooth, creamy feel to it, with a chocolatey aftertaste. I don't like chocolate, lol.

4.56/5  rDev +29.2%

This is and probably always will be my go-to. It's a proper comfort beer. Nice balance, smooth, creamy, fascinating to watch as it settles, and (as a friend at a pub with me one pointed out) very aesthetically pleasing in a glass. It's a beer for the worker and the philosopher.

to view more.
Guinness Draught from Guinness Ltd.