Guinness Draught - Guinness Ltd.

Guinness DraughtGuinness Draught

good

Guinness Ltd. visit their website
Ireland

Irish Dry Stout |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-02-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Guinness Draught Alström Bros
Ratings: 6,694 | Reviews: 2,224

Appearance- Dark brown to black appearance when poured into a glass.

Smell- Light hints of chocolate or coffee much like any stout.

Taste- Very bold flavor that is not too overpowering.

Mouthfeel- It is very smooth and very drinkable.

Love this beer. It is the standard for all stouts,imports, Irish beers and any type of beer for that matter. This is a very good beer for upcoming events such as Saint Patricks Day!

In my opinion Guinness Draught is the most perfect beer out there. The hints of caramel and smooth taste and finish make this one of my all-time favorites. The fact that the nitro can Guinness tastes exactly the same as the Guinness you can get on tap, is a huge plus. There are not too many beers in which you can say that about. I am partial in rating this as Guinness is my favorite. I'm sure there are other beers out there, but Guinness is easy to find and always found in my fridge!

I spent quite a bit of time in Ireland and have since became a Guinness-snob.... I will say this: The Guinness that you get in (most of) the rest of the world is not anywhere as good as it is in Ireland. Even in Ireland you can get a bad Guinness... I found that this was caused by a few things, but more often than not it was because of a bad/dirty tap or line from the keg to the tap; I have even sent a few back when I was in Ireland because of the taste.

My rating/review is for the Guinness that you get on-tap (nitro) in Ireland.:

The bartender holds the Guinness tulip glass at a 45 degree angle until the Guinness reaches 3/4 full. The Guinness then has to settle or "cook" until the nitrogen bubbles stop flowing down the glass. Once settled the bartender holds the glass under the tap at no angle and tips the tap back, allowing the Guinness to flow more slowly, creating a nice domed head. The Guinness then settles (cooks) a second time before it should be consumed. The whole process should take 119 seconds.

The proper Guinness should be incredible black, hardly letting any light through it at all. The head should be off-white, thick (as if able to hold a coin), creamy, with no large bubbles (called frog eyes). It should not have that strong of a smell to it, but the smell should be something creamy (yes, creamy), slightly spicy, and slightly roasted barley. The taste should be very smooth... VERY smooth. It should NOT be overly bitter, but there is some there. A lot of people just say that it taste like coffee and chocolate. While a Guinness should taste of these things, none should be dominant over the rest.

Guinness from the bottle or from the can are not nearly as good because they tend not to drink as smooth. Maybe it's the aging that is done or the characteristics of the can or bottle that it picks up, but you CANNOT get anything better than Guinness on tap in Ireland.

The best commercially available beer.

This has always been my can't go wrong beer. It is a nice shuttle dark beer with the right thickness and darkness for my taste.

Just as good as in the can,nice dark brownish black color with creamy foamy tan head that holds well and nice lacing.Coffee,malts,licorice a touch of caramel and a mild smokey smell all blend together when you inhale thru the nose,great aroma.Taste is creamy coffee with a smokey licorice and malts comming at you with some hint of nuts,all going down smooth.Looks thick but actually got a thin feel to it,goes down rather lite to tell you the truth,great brew,even though the looks of this tar colored beer looks like a thick molases milkshake,it actually is very easy to drink and a few of these a day is quite easy to do,doctor recommended too,can you believe that.

If someone was to force me to drink one beer for the rest of my life this would be the one

It is simply perfection. My personal favorite.

One of my favorite beers. Just bursts with flavor. Refreshing and drinkable for any occasion.

Awesome beer. One of my favs.

It is the greatest beer in all the world

Some people love to hate Guinness. I think it is the best Irish Dry Stout that man has created. Pitch black with it's creamy tan head that never goes away... I dig nitro dispensed beers... The light aroma of dark malts is nice and mellow. The flavor is every bit as mellow. It is a sweet and has a bit of a roasted malt bite that dry's out the finish. The hops are indiscernible in the background, but that is fine for the style. It is as good in the draught can as it is on tap. I wonder if it really is better in Ireland, but I think the American/Canadian version is pretty good. With it's low alcohol content it is easy to drink all night long.

Absolutely delicious. I thoroughly enjoy the creamy head, and the general smoothness of the beer. Tastes as good out of a widget can as it does off of draught. Out of a bottle, some of the general character is lost (tastes a little crisper, sharper) but is still good.

As to me I drank this Guinness Draught in "export-to-Finland" variant. This is a black (what else color should it be? :) ) 33 cl can with pour instructions in Finnish and English. Importer is Hartwall OY (www.hartwall.fi)
But ABV is 4,2% not 4,1%.

What can I say about the beer? Even nothing to say: just the stout like it ought to be: smoth, creamy, ground, roasted malt, vivid hops, coffee and chocolate. Every taste sight is separate and at the same time all are combined in a harmony.
I can drink it endlessly... That's why I always buy not more than 3 cans a time :)

May go to. My standard

The reason people knock Guinness is the same reason they dye their hair green, the need to be different and stick out. You want to sit here and rate it a 1 or a 2? Fine, go ahead and make yourself feel better. Easy 5 in my book.

7:45AM footie match at my local pub, you know what pint is getting the call.

Delicious in it's comforting flavor, warming in it's beautiful ascending volcano appearance and always dependable for it's drinkability. It's the old girlfriend you just keep going back to because you can't say no to her and you just don't quite feel right with anyone else.

Gun to my head, I might order a Guinness before the trigger is pulled.

The beer pours a black color, but some amber/brown coloring is detected in direct light.

The sandy, creamy, milky head maintains a finger width all the way down the glass, leaving lots of nice lacing.

As far as aroma goes, it's pretty faint. There's a typical stout sweetness to it, and then some dark-roasted malts.

There is a milkiness/creaminess at the beginning, with dark, roasted malts. And then I get black coffee.

The mouthfeel fluffy.

Overall, this is one of my favorite beers. It's smooth, easy-drinking, flavorful, and overall a damn good beer. I don't think you can ever go wrong with any Guinness product.

I rate this beer to be top among all other beers I have reviewed on my youtube channel. I LOVE this beer. This was the first time I have had it. I recommend this beer to any style or type of beer drinker. If you are a connoisseur who likes nothing but hoppy beers like I do, you can find yourself easily falling in love with a beer of this nature. If you are a regular everyday beer drinker who likes light beers, pilsners, or even lager beer you too will find it a wonderful surprise.

This beer is so silky smooth that you hardly know you are drinking a stout, or even a beer for that matter. It is a real pleasure to drink this beer!

It has a mild aroma to it with a hint of hops and coffee.

First taste is smooth and watery that simply slides over your tongue and down your throat with such ease. Everything is so well balanced with this beer, I can’t believe anyone would rate this just an average beer? You immediately want another mouthful of this amazing beer.

The look is beautiful and the head forms from the bottom, truly something to behold.

It was crisp, clear and refreshing and when I was finished with it, I wanted to go out to buy more.

This beer has earned top shelf in my fridge and has become my "go-to" beer. I am certain you will like it. I am just a guy who likes good beer like most of you. I think we all can and should agree with me on this one. It deserves an A+

incomparable. It truly does taste better in Ireland.

many much like

Smooth and silky mouth taste. Slight pleasant bitterness.

By far my favorite beer. Smooth, easy to drink and not filling as a lot of lagers are.

Every bar I go I order a pint, or every party i go to I bring the 6 pack. When I pour a bottle to a glass I'm treated to a 3 minute show where it goes from a light brown to a pitch black work of art. The smell of roasted hops eases my mind, and the 1st sip is as good as the last. Guinness is my number one session beer, as its low alcohol content allows me to enjoy a 6 pack with such ease. Brilliant!!

This is a great smooth beer.

Almost Perfect!

Guinness Draught from Guinness Ltd.