Guinness Draught - Guinness Ltd.

Guinness DraughtGuinness Draught

poor

Guinness Ltd. visit their website
Ireland

Irish Dry Stout |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-02-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Guinness Draught Alström Bros
Happy_Camper

LvanB

Colorado

02-28-2012 17:45:27 | More by LvanB
javier

bleach. The can was a good idea and was a decent substitute for the pub pour if you were absolutely jonesing for a Guinness. The bottle is just a abomination. To get it to work all the beer flavor was sacrificed leaving a pallid, artificial tasting black, alcoholic liquid. Guinness has gone too far this time. In an attempt to garner even more of the market it is giving its flagship beer a black eye. Part of the beauty of a pint of Guinness is in the pour, the cascade and that fact that you're in a pub. Now with this bottle shit you can sit on the couch in your your underwear drinking Guinness as you would a bud light. Shame on them.

03-17-2002 18:03:04 | More by javier

01-24-2012 08:25:35 | More by bmcduff2
JamesCornman

08-08-2014 18:29:36 | More by JamesCornman
exonthebottle

what a waste this beer is so lame in a can.
appearance black with chucks at the bottom vague head that disappears quickly. faint sense of beer
taste like a cheap beer watery taste not thick like a stout should be.
mouthfeel same as taste
blah not going to finish this it's that bad.

11-26-2009 00:31:15 | More by exonthebottle
rbmjr1

Indiana

02-25-2012 14:05:43 | More by rbmjr1
ajzy

Wisconsin

05-26-2013 01:23:07 | More by ajzy
prsguitarsr4me

Given that it is designed to drank out of the bottle, 1 for appearance. Smell is almost non-existent, but when I get a whiff, it is empty and skunky and gross. 1. Taste (if any) is flat, watery, and every sip is forced down. Feel is so terrible I wish I could give it a negative 10. Feels like cough medicine - the texture is just weird. Horrible, horrible drink.

12-24-2008 00:01:12 | More by prsguitarsr4me

Missouri

05-23-2013 12:51:17 | More by kvnstfrd
BeerBob

Nebraska

Guinness Draught pours a midnight red from a 11.2oz black plastic with cream white trim, covered glass bottle. Head goes to well over two fingers and after the nitro settles out, leaves a frothy cap, that stays for ever.

Nose is of damp charcoal and nitrogen, mixed with whiffs of alcohol. Palate is a hops bitter, tempered by the nitro, leaving me wanting more, but getting less.

This brew is all show and no go, give me the malts, give me the hops, and give me the alcohol, the quaff of nitro does not empress me in the least.

I want the stout!!!

I have stoped drinking this stuff, I can't really call it "Guinness" any more.

I am also re-reviewing this stuff... It's going to be all 1's... I have never given a beer all 1's before in my life!

I for one am tired of being exploited, I have been asked about boycotting before, but did not jump on the band wagon... this... this is sacrilege!

Just say no to "Guinness"

12-28-2004 04:28:46 | More by BeerBob

AmishRockstar

09-16-2013 15:42:40 | More by AmishRockstar
GeoJ

1.02/5  rDev -70.8%

I love me a Guinness on tap, to the point where I'll pay a pretty steep price for a pint at my local hippie bar that knows how to pour one correctly. (And they even draw a cool little shamrock on the foam).

I love savoring a pint or two with some good friends, some good pub grub, or just nursing a couple because they just taste so damn good.

That being said: Just what in the HELL is this shit? Tried a can at home, foolishly thinking I could maybe, just maybe, recreate some of the joy I get from a real Guinness on tap.

I've nothing to add to the other "F" reviews other than to say this swill is total crap, a waste of money and a blight on the name of Guinness.

03-15-2011 00:29:25 | More by GeoJ
crnipeter

Slovenia

1.05/5  rDev -69.9%

During my college years beer drinkers that could be seen in bars locally could be classified into several types: consumers of crappy domestic beers, flocks of corona drinking females , imported lager consuming douchebags full of themselves and themselves full of shit and atop of all were fake beer-aristocrats, the Guinness devotees claiming »I drink only good beer« (Common myth was that Guinness has such a dense head that a coin put on wouldn't sink).
Guinness is my favorite brewery too, in a negative way. It seems to be suffering from reversed Midas syndrome as everything they touch turns into crap instead of gold as I haven't came accross with decent product of theirs yet. Now I'm tasting their Draught from some morbid curiosity and I'm not disappointed - Guinness never fails to justify my low expectations. Guinness Draught is an excellent example of what happens when Marketing Department gets more founds than Research & Quality Control. To the beer: Can with best before date 13.08.2010. The pouring into tulip reveals rather opaque dark muddy brown fluid topped with ¼ of inch thin firm beige head that lasts. Apart from light acidic sourness and quite imperceptible alcohol nothing else is detected, maybe just a hint of bitter chocolate. Where is the coffee like aroma of burnt barley /barley malt so typical of a stout? Dominant flavor of this slush is acidic sourness derived from cereal roasting accompanied by unpleasant bitterness of charred organic matter. Now, I'd expect at least a decent coffee finish but that's probably to much to ask of a Guinness. All in all the flavor profile is of bone-charcoal decomposing in water. The body is watery - probably a desperate attempt to enhance the drinkability - with zero carbonation. The above written refers to sampling from a tulip, directly from the can everything was even worse.
»Serve extra cold« - of course I will, cuz anesthetizing the tastebuds by freeze is the only way to at least to some degree hide the crappish character of this beer. Ironically, there is even a quality warrant signature of Arth Guinness on the can, the same way as there is a central-bank governor 's name printed on banknotes assuring their authenticity and stability of the monetary system.
Finaly: What is this - a sort of bizarre experiment how much crappishness can be bottled/canned and people will still be drinking it? This brew hits the absolute zero on quality scale. He (Guinness) has gone where no one else has gone before.

01-17-2010 19:39:25 | More by crnipeter
brutusmuktuk

1.15/5  rDev -67%

Had this on tap at a Red Robin’s. Pours a dark brown with a light off-white head. The aroma is a very subtle roasted malts. Flavor is water and a touch of roasted malts. Has a light, very watery mouthfeel. Sadly, I enjoyed my water from the restaurant more than this.

02-21-2014 00:39:59 | More by brutusmuktuk
Guinness Draught from Guinness Ltd.