Guinness Draught - Guinness Ltd.

Guinness DraughtGuinness Draught

good

Guinness Ltd. visit their website
Ireland

Irish Dry Stout |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-02-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Guinness Draught Alström Bros
Ratings: 6,700 | Reviews: 2,227
4.5/5  rDev +27.5%

A unique tasting stout topped with a beautifully even white head of foam (provided by the nitrogen) to complement it's rich, dark color. There is a reason it is a stout that is loved by many around the world.

2.73/5  rDev -22.7%

I don't understand some people's obsession with this beer. It's barely okay.

3.54/5  rDev +0.3%

Now that I'm becoming used to stouts, porters, and IPAs, a Guinness Draught tastes slightly more potent than your average mineral water. The nitrogen infusion makes it taste awfully flat, too. On the bright side, it is a beautiful presentation.

4.36/5  rDev +23.5%

Some people criticize it for being thin or light, but I don't really see that as a negative for this beer; it's just what it is. Mild and subtle and delicious. Like coffee and chocolate milk mixed with Leprechaun tears.

4.43/5  rDev +25.5%

Look is amazing with a tan beige 2 finger head with nitro head, dark black color. Aroma is a dry roast with no hop aroma whatsoever, slight tannin maybe. Flavor is like rich creamy chocolate with a hint of coffee and a hint of sour (somewhat odd), very dry. Body is full, creamy, and smooth with light ABV, this is a very easy easy drinker.

3.94/5  rDev +11.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

I'm rookie in beer world and this is my first Irish Stout, it might have been a good idea to try one without nitrogen, but Guinness was great!
Look: love the nitrogen effect in turning hot chocolate like liquid to almost black beer with creamy head, I am studying chemistry, but haven't seen anything like that.
Smell: smells like usual beer to me, maybe a bit of wood or burnt grain.
Taste: first sweet, then burnt, roasty, somewhat like black bread, then usual bitterness.
Feel: there is sweetness, but bitterness after drinking comes through, so no sweets should be eaten before and/or with the beer to feel sweetness better.
Overall: really not for refreshing or rave party, it needs to be enjoyed, maybe with some wild meat meal.

4.06/5  rDev +15%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Goes into the glass very dark with a thick light brown head which lasts as long as you drink the stout. Creamy taste. Smells like a stout. Yum!

4.7/5  rDev +33.1%

Still one of the best beers in the world

4.44/5  rDev +25.8%

My "go to" stout. Prefer the nitro version at a local watering hole. For home consumption, best from the can, rather than the bottle.

4.68/5  rDev +32.6%

Had this on tap in Ireland and was blown away by the creamy smoothness. Amazing beer.

4.46/5  rDev +26.3%

You have to take this beer slowly. Not many beer has such depth. Very delicate.
Look) I do not know if a beer can look more elegant than this. Black body topped with thick white foam. The contract is just beautiful.
Smell) I can't talk too much about it as i have chronic rhinitis, and couldn't smell much. The reason I give it a 4 is because of the slight woody barley aroma. Many beer don't any good smell but alcohol.
Taste) It hit your tongue with the shock that all sparkling alcoholic beverage has but soon turn into a sort of sweetness, and then bitterness. Again you have to respect this drink in order to enjoy the "respect" in this drink.
Feel: a very drinkable beer, goes well with a nice meal. It NOT a party drink. Not a drink to have to forget things. Not a drink to have to get happy fast. Its a perfect drink when you are already happy, a perfect drink when you want to have some quality time with your friends and family. Enjoy it!

1.67/5  rDev -52.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Not a very full bodied beer, nor does it have a good enough ABV, you can skip and wont be sorry. The taste is too light, just pale on the palate, very light watered down stout feel.

4.14/5  rDev +17.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I'm kind of biased, but this really is one of my favorite beers. It's got nice thick mouthfeel and some great flavor. It's a classic for a reason, it really is excellent.

Draft. One of the thinnest stouts I have ever drank in my life. Thin on taste as well. Never know why this is a world renown stout. It is super low ABV. You can drink them all day long and never get bombed. They look filling and hearty but are thin and watery. Little to no flavor. You get some coffee and hop bitterness but this has just never been tasty to me. With all the fantastic local craft beer stouts out there, I can't ever see me drinking this again unless it is my only stout option. I'll have to get to Ireland one day and try a fresh real one.

I believe the is the perfect beer. I love it.

Always love the look of Guinness. Cascading, then turn black with a nice froth on top. Just Beautiful.

Clean smell.

It always tastes great. Complete go-to beer. It is a great food compliment, a stand-alone beer, a beer sorbet in between other beers - truly a beer for all occasions.

Love the feel from the first frothy, creamy taste to the last drop. So smooth.

You know sometimes I want exotic fish for dinner, sometimes I want McDonald's, sometimes I can try unusual food and enjoy them. But I wouldn't eat any of that stuff every day, all day. I could eat steak every day and that's why it's my favorite food. Same goes with Guinness, I've never been disappointed.

4.29/5  rDev +21.5%

The greatest company of beer ever. I know that people blast this beer for not being a Russian Imperial Stout , and yes it is not the greatest tasting beer of all time. But for its price its the best beer one can buy. I have tasted much better beer but Guinness will not make you go bankrupt in drinking multiple. Also the taste is good vs other stouts, but the taste is excellent when you compare this beer to other cheap beer not in the stout category. Plus the pour is a classic image and is unique unlike any other. A true legend

3.91/5  rDev +10.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

What got me into liking beers in the first place!

It is simply perfection. My personal favorite.

4.5/5  rDev +27.5%

맛, 향, 거품 다 최고의 맥주.
음식이랑 같이 먹기엔 조금 헤비함.
A b c d e

4.28/5  rDev +21.2%

Great tasting dark beer. Excellent when poured correctly. Beautiful swirl as it settles in the glass. Rich velvet bittersweet taste throughout.

Personally don't like many dark beers because of heavy coffee flavors and I hate coffee. So if you are like me, know that Guinness does not have coffee flavors and you might really enjoy it.

4.65/5  rDev +31.7%

This was the first beer I ever loved. I can never pass one up in a pub. There's nothing like it on tap. It, every time, takes me to a special place.

4.9/5  rDev +38.8%

This is poured or lacking to be poured every taphouse in the world.
It might be an overplayed card but it trumps the game.

Thank you Dublin.

4.88/5  rDev +38.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Simply the best beer ever!

4.58/5  rDev +29.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I love this beer! When poured right, it's about as beautiful looking as a beer can be. The coffee smell is wonderful, especially for the coffee fanatic I am. A refreshingly smooth and creamy taste with strong coffee notes that finishes dry and metallic as one might expect with many stouts, though maybe a little too metallic for some. It's my go to beer in most cases and works great in an Irish Car Bomb (cocktail).

Guinness Draught from Guinness Ltd.