Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Guinness Draught - Guinness Ltd.

Guinness DraughtGuinness Draught

Guinness Ltd. visit their website

Irish Dry Stout |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-02-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Guinness Draught Alström Bros
Reviews: 2,105 | Hads: 6,854
3.8/5  rDev +10.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Remember when this first came out...fun.
A = near black ebony color, nice off white/light tan head that is very creamy and last well.
S = roasty, chocolately malty goodness.
T = see S
M = smooth but can be a little chalky at times.
O = 3.75. There are many good stouts. Guinness is great, but the competition is fierce.

3.5/5  rDev +1.7%

It's good, and always looks fantastic, just wish it was stronger with more flavor. It's pretty light, low in calories, and a great beer to enjoy all year long.

4.5/5  rDev +30.8%

A unique tasting stout topped with a beautifully even white head of foam (provided by the nitrogen) to complement it's rich, dark color. There is a reason it is a stout that is loved by many around the world.

3.54/5  rDev +2.9%

Now that I'm becoming used to stouts, porters, and IPAs, a Guinness Draught tastes slightly more potent than your average mineral water. The nitrogen infusion makes it taste awfully flat, too. On the bright side, it is a beautiful presentation.

4.36/5  rDev +26.7%

Some people criticize it for being thin or light, but I don't really see that as a negative for this beer; it's just what it is. Mild and subtle and delicious. Like coffee and chocolate milk mixed with Leprechaun tears.

4.43/5  rDev +28.8%

Look is amazing with a tan beige 2 finger head with nitro head, dark black color. Aroma is a dry roast with no hop aroma whatsoever, slight tannin maybe. Flavor is like rich creamy chocolate with a hint of coffee and a hint of sour (somewhat odd), very dry. Body is full, creamy, and smooth with light ABV, this is a very easy easy drinker.

3.94/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

I'm rookie in beer world and this is my first Irish Stout, it might have been a good idea to try one without nitrogen, but Guinness was great!
Look: love the nitrogen effect in turning hot chocolate like liquid to almost black beer with creamy head, I am studying chemistry, but haven't seen anything like that.
Smell: smells like usual beer to me, maybe a bit of wood or burnt grain.
Taste: first sweet, then burnt, roasty, somewhat like black bread, then usual bitterness.
Feel: there is sweetness, but bitterness after drinking comes through, so no sweets should be eaten before and/or with the beer to feel sweetness better.
Overall: really not for refreshing or rave party, it needs to be enjoyed, maybe with some wild meat meal.

4.06/5  rDev +18%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Goes into the glass very dark with a thick light brown head which lasts as long as you drink the stout. Creamy taste. Smells like a stout. Yum! One of my favorite beers and one I use to mix with others!

4.46/5  rDev +29.7%

You have to take this beer slowly. Not many beer has such depth. Very delicate.
Look) I do not know if a beer can look more elegant than this. Black body topped with thick white foam. The contract is just beautiful.
Smell) I can't talk too much about it as i have chronic rhinitis, and couldn't smell much. The reason I give it a 4 is because of the slight woody barley aroma. Many beer don't any good smell but alcohol.
Taste) It hit your tongue with the shock that all sparkling alcoholic beverage has but soon turn into a sort of sweetness, and then bitterness. Again you have to respect this drink in order to enjoy the "respect" in this drink.
Feel: a very drinkable beer, goes well with a nice meal. It NOT a party drink. Not a drink to have to forget things. Not a drink to have to get happy fast. Its a perfect drink when you are already happy, a perfect drink when you want to have some quality time with your friends and family. Enjoy it!

1.67/5  rDev -51.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Not a very full bodied beer, nor does it have a good enough ABV, you can skip and wont be sorry. The taste is too light, just pale on the palate, very light watered down stout feel.

4.14/5  rDev +20.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I'm kind of biased, but this really is one of my favorite beers. It's got nice thick mouthfeel and some great flavor. It's a classic for a reason, it really is excellent.

Draft. One of the thinnest stouts I have ever drank in my life. Thin on taste as well. Never know why this is a world renown stout. It is super low ABV. You can drink them all day long and never get bombed. They look filling and hearty but are thin and watery. Little to no flavor. You get some coffee and hop bitterness but this has just never been tasty to me. With all the fantastic local craft beer stouts out there, I can't ever see me drinking this again unless it is my only stout option. I'll have to get to Ireland one day and try a fresh real one.

Always love the look of Guinness. Cascading, then turn black with a nice froth on top. Just Beautiful.

Clean smell.

It always tastes great. Complete go-to beer. It is a great food compliment, a stand-alone beer, a beer sorbet in between other beers - truly a beer for all occasions.

Love the feel from the first frothy, creamy taste to the last drop. So smooth.

You know sometimes I want exotic fish for dinner, sometimes I want McDonald's, sometimes I can try unusual food and enjoy them. But I wouldn't eat any of that stuff every day, all day. I could eat steak every day and that's why it's my favorite food. Same goes with Guinness, I've never been disappointed.

4.29/5  rDev +24.7%

The greatest company of beer ever. I know that people blast this beer for not being a Russian Imperial Stout , and yes it is not the greatest tasting beer of all time. But for its price its the best beer one can buy. I have tasted much better beer but Guinness will not make you go bankrupt in drinking multiple. Also the taste is good vs other stouts, but the taste is excellent when you compare this beer to other cheap beer not in the stout category. Plus the pour is a classic image and is unique unlike any other. A true legend

4.28/5  rDev +24.4%

Great tasting dark beer. Excellent when poured correctly. Beautiful swirl as it settles in the glass. Rich velvet bittersweet taste throughout.

Personally don't like many dark beers because of heavy coffee flavors and I hate coffee. So if you are like me, know that Guinness does not have coffee flavors and you might really enjoy it.

4.58/5  rDev +33.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I love this beer! When poured right, it's about as beautiful looking as a beer can be. The coffee smell is wonderful, especially for the coffee fanatic I am. A refreshingly smooth and creamy taste with strong coffee notes that finishes dry and metallic as one might expect with many stouts, though maybe a little too metallic for some. It's my go to beer in most cases and works great in an Irish Car Bomb (cocktail).

3.86/5  rDev +12.2%

Served on draft. Thick and black with a creamy white head. Very little aroma. Taste is bitter with a hint of coffee. Smooth, chewy texture with an oatmeal finish. I enjoy this stout just about anywhere at any time.

3.35/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.25

I'm fairly early on in my beer drinking career so this is the first stout I've ever had. I've gotta say it really impressed me and found it to be a great beer but I feel like I'm missing something. The almighty Guinness is supposed to be a Titan of beer and I mostly thought It was middle of the road. I liked it a lot but I don't see what all the hype is about. I def. will drink more of this and hopefully get it on draft the next time.

3.5/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.25

Not going to lie, I was a bit taken aback by how unremarkable this was. This is the first Guinness I've had in at least 5 years (the last time I tried it to see if I liked beer any better at the time and no I didn't) and I remember it being a lot more bitter. Instead it's extremely easy to drink and the bitterness barely shows up as a faint aftertaste. Granted this was from a bottle poured into a glass (but so was the last time I tried it) and I am currently drinking it right after I just finished a Köstritzer Schwarzbier, but I still expect more from a beer known as an Irish Dry Stout.

2.54/5  rDev -26.2%
look: 2 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Was disappointed by this beer tonight. Tastes more like a dark lager than a stout. Feels thin in the mouth. A drinkable beer indeed but doesn't impress.

4.12/5  rDev +19.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Nice stout, not my favourite. Pours black with a nice white creamy foam head. Smells right for the style, but I find taste is very mild and it´s not persistent in the palate.

4.03/5  rDev +17.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

My go to easy to find beer, almost every place stocks it and it never disappoints.
If buying for yourself cans are most certainly the way to go the bottles just do not lead to the same creamy frothy goodness expected from a Guinness.

4.82/5  rDev +40.1%

It's a tasty stout that's not over-powering or too filling. The nitrogen makes it a lot smoother than most other beers that I've had. Can't wait to try it in Ireland

3.88/5  rDev +12.8%

From the14.9 can into the official Guinness glass.black as a moonless night.1/2 " creamy head.foam up&down the glass.coffee dirt taste which I like.not bad at all.Prost

3.87/5  rDev +12.5%

Very creamy taste with chocolate and coffee undertones. Slight bitterness but not overpowering. Very smooth. Dark chocolate color and smells like coffee and caramel.

Guinness Draught from Guinness Ltd.