Guinness Draught - Guinness Ltd.

Guinness DraughtGuinness Draught

poor

Guinness Ltd. visit their website
Ireland

Irish Dry Stout |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-02-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Guinness Draught Alström Bros

codon2004, Nov 29, 2011

jheberle, Nov 29, 2011

artacosta, Nov 29, 2011

bigox420, Nov 29, 2011
2.88/5  rDev -17.5%

I am at Old Chicago and just got my Guinness Draught on tap that I ordered. Seeing it now, it has a mere one finger head but I have had this before and when I opened a bottle it had more like a larger two finger head so I think the head was bigger being given out of tap. the head is a creamy brown-ish off white. it kind of is dissipating as I write; I may be over analyzing. The body is jet black cannot really see through it at all but thats to be expected for a stout. holding it up directly to the light I can kind of see some bubbles rising but cannot see much through the blackness of the body.

The smell is not prominent. Its kind of faint and you have to cover the glass with your hand ans whiff it. I pick up the smell of coffee thats for sure. Water smell even? hard to explain the water smell but it makes me think of Keystone light which tastes like water.

The taste is of a few different things: Coffee, malts, and water. It reminds me of a super diluted lager except its a super diluted stout. I can taste water a lot because it has the flavors of the Guinness Extra Stout just really watered down. Other than water I taste malt and coffee. I really like the coffee taste here. The mouthfeel is nice. its not carbonated a whole lot and not harsh so it goes down really smooth. I am finishing it rather quickly because it does have a nice taste I like to go back to and rethink my thoughts about it. The aftertaste is of coffee. The most prominent yet not really prominent taste in this beer is coffee.

Overall, this is an okay beer. I say that because the Guinness Extra Stout is one of my favorite beers of all time and I love that one so much that I cannot give the draught the best review because it seems like a beer with half the character of the imported extra stout. It is nice though. If you are one who is not into stouts or coffee/chocolate beers like the extra stout, this is definitely for you. If you are getting into the stouts, TRY THIS FIRST. if you like this, then get into the darker stronger more coffee-ish and chocolaty beers. I probably will not drink this again when I can drink the amazing Guinness Imported Extra Stout.

phenomenologian, Nov 29, 2011

Daniellobo, Nov 26, 2011

RockinRob925, Nov 26, 2011
3.4/5  rDev -2.6%

Served from nitro tap.

Arrived with a nice creamy 2 finger head. Appearance was pitch black.

The smell was not too apparent but there are hints of roasted malt and some coffee.

Taste had the typical sourness expected from guinness along with roasted malt. Some coffee notes sneaking in there as well along with a slight smokiness.

Mouthfeel was typical of nitro beers; creamy with very little carbonation.

I have always liked this beer and still think it is pretty decent. There are better Irish stouts out there but I will always come back to this one.

rangerred, Nov 26, 2011
3.25/5  rDev -6.9%

mdillon86, Nov 26, 2011

BigBarley, Nov 26, 2011
2.1/5  rDev -39.8%

There's something milky about the appearance, but it was dark.
The smell was strong and wasn't pleasant.
The taste was bland and watery
The mouthfeel was also like water.
Overall, I'll never drink this beer again anyway because they use meat in the process, so I hear.

Vashtar, Nov 26, 2011

Goobastic, Nov 25, 2011

TimoP, Nov 25, 2011

PunkFloyd, Nov 24, 2011

doof116, Nov 24, 2011
Guinness Draught from Guinness Ltd.