Guinness Draught - Guinness Ltd.

Guinness DraughtGuinness Draught

Guinness Ltd. visit their website

Irish Dry Stout |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-02-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Guinness Draught Alström Bros
Reviews: 2,121 | Hads: 6,949
1.67/5  rDev -51.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Not a very full bodied beer, nor does it have a good enough ABV, you can skip and wont be sorry. The taste is too light, just pale on the palate, very light watered down stout feel.

4.14/5  rDev +20%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I'm kind of biased, but this really is one of my favorite beers. It's got nice thick mouthfeel and some great flavor. It's a classic for a reason, it really is excellent.

Draft. One of the thinnest stouts I have ever drank in my life. Thin on taste as well. Never know why this is a world renown stout. It is super low ABV. You can drink them all day long and never get bombed. They look filling and hearty but are thin and watery. Little to no flavor. You get some coffee and hop bitterness but this has just never been tasty to me. With all the fantastic local craft beer stouts out there, I can't ever see me drinking this again unless it is my only stout option. I'll have to get to Ireland one day and try a fresh real one.

Always love the look of Guinness. Cascading, then turn black with a nice froth on top. Just Beautiful.

Clean smell.

It always tastes great. Complete go-to beer. It is a great food compliment, a stand-alone beer, a beer sorbet in between other beers - truly a beer for all occasions.

Love the feel from the first frothy, creamy taste to the last drop. So smooth.

You know sometimes I want exotic fish for dinner, sometimes I want McDonald's, sometimes I can try unusual food and enjoy them. But I wouldn't eat any of that stuff every day, all day. I could eat steak every day and that's why it's my favorite food. Same goes with Guinness, I've never been disappointed.

4.29/5  rDev +24.3%

The greatest company of beer ever. I know that people blast this beer for not being a Russian Imperial Stout , and yes it is not the greatest tasting beer of all time. But for its price its the best beer one can buy. I have tasted much better beer but Guinness will not make you go bankrupt in drinking multiple. Also the taste is good vs other stouts, but the taste is excellent when you compare this beer to other cheap beer not in the stout category. Plus the pour is a classic image and is unique unlike any other. A true legend

4.28/5  rDev +24.1%

Great tasting dark beer. Excellent when poured correctly. Beautiful swirl as it settles in the glass. Rich velvet bittersweet taste throughout.

Personally don't like many dark beers because of heavy coffee flavors and I hate coffee. So if you are like me, know that Guinness does not have coffee flavors and you might really enjoy it.

4.58/5  rDev +32.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I love this beer! When poured right, it's about as beautiful looking as a beer can be. The coffee smell is wonderful, especially for the coffee fanatic I am. A refreshingly smooth and creamy taste with strong coffee notes that finishes dry and metallic as one might expect with many stouts, though maybe a little too metallic for some. It's my go to beer in most cases and works great in an Irish Car Bomb (cocktail).

3.86/5  rDev +11.9%

Served on draft. Thick and black with a creamy white head. Very little aroma. Taste is bitter with a hint of coffee. Smooth, chewy texture with an oatmeal finish. I enjoy this stout just about anywhere at any time.

3.35/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.25

I'm fairly early on in my beer drinking career so this is the first stout I've ever had. I've gotta say it really impressed me and found it to be a great beer but I feel like I'm missing something. The almighty Guinness is supposed to be a Titan of beer and I mostly thought It was middle of the road. I liked it a lot but I don't see what all the hype is about. I def. will drink more of this and hopefully get it on draft the next time.

3.5/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.25

Not going to lie, I was a bit taken aback by how unremarkable this was. This is the first Guinness I've had in at least 5 years (the last time I tried it to see if I liked beer any better at the time and no I didn't) and I remember it being a lot more bitter. Instead it's extremely easy to drink and the bitterness barely shows up as a faint aftertaste. Granted this was from a bottle poured into a glass (but so was the last time I tried it) and I am currently drinking it right after I just finished a Köstritzer Schwarzbier, but I still expect more from a beer known as an Irish Dry Stout.

2.54/5  rDev -26.4%
look: 2 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Was disappointed by this beer tonight. Tastes more like a dark lager than a stout. Feels thin in the mouth. A drinkable beer indeed but doesn't impress.

4.12/5  rDev +19.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Nice stout, not my favourite. Pours black with a nice white creamy foam head. Smells right for the style, but I find taste is very mild and it´s not persistent in the palate.

4.03/5  rDev +16.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

My go to easy to find beer, almost every place stocks it and it never disappoints.
If buying for yourself cans are most certainly the way to go the bottles just do not lead to the same creamy frothy goodness expected from a Guinness.

4.82/5  rDev +39.7%

It's a tasty stout that's not over-powering or too filling. The nitrogen makes it a lot smoother than most other beers that I've had. Can't wait to try it in Ireland

3.88/5  rDev +12.5%

From the14.9 can into the official Guinness glass.black as a moonless night.1/2 " creamy head.foam up&down the glass.coffee dirt taste which I like.not bad at all.Prost

3.87/5  rDev +12.2%

Very creamy taste with chocolate and coffee undertones. Slight bitterness but not overpowering. Very smooth. Dark chocolate color and smells like coffee and caramel.

4.52/5  rDev +31%

Can't get darker than this. Definitely the best stout beer I have tasted. Taste is perfectly balanced and I like that extra amount of the gas bubbles which are appearing when beer is being poured. Overall 4.5/5

4.5/5  rDev +30.4%

A: Pitch black with a persistent cream colored foam collar that etches the glass with classic lace lines marking each drink.
S: Chocolatey roast, grains, roast barley.
T: The nitrogen in the bar gas reduces some of the roasty bitterness but there is enough roastyness to satisfy any palate.
F: Satiating, super creamy smooth, full bodied and soft carbonation.
O: A go to session beer.

3.37/5  rDev -2.3%

Drank from a can, so I can't comment on looks.
Chocolaty, malty smell.
Smooth, creamy feel.
Chocolaty, almost thick taste.
If you like chocolate flavor, you'd like tis.

4.56/5  rDev +32.2%

This is and probably always will be my go-to. It's a proper comfort beer. Nice balance, smooth, creamy, fascinating to watch as it settles, and (as a friend at a pub with me one pointed out) very aesthetically pleasing in a glass. It's a beer for the worker and the philosopher.

3.82/5  rDev +10.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

The legendary Guinness Draught

The look of it: Amazing, dark roasted color with about 1 finger of head that is very present

The smell of it: Roasted malt with a touch of caramel coffee

The taste of it; A small touch of coffee,a bot of caramel also not very carbonated but very creamy, the presence of the alcohol is not very there. Feels refreshing .

So overall would I recommend it? For sure, this is a well made beer, definitely a go to beer but personally it won t be mine.

3.07/5  rDev -11%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

This is a nice looking brew. Dark brown, nearly black with a neat creamy head that retains until the end. The aroma is also pleasant. Roasted malts, coffee and chocolate. After that, I'm afraid it is all downhill. Yes it is smooth, but the flavor is so thin and watery that it is not so enjoyable. The finish has a bit more of the flavors that you fin din the aroma, however, it feels like day old coffee. Overall, it is a weird balance. The body seems too thin for a stout. I used to drink this before I got into craft and I suppose I thought it was good. I'm afraid this one is an example of how craft has spoiled me and ruined my taste for many macros.

3.82/5  rDev +10.7%

An amazing beer/stout, those who say it is average, are either trying it out of a can or a bar that do not take care/pride in their draught lines. Ireland is the best place to drink Guinness, I am irish and have lived all over the world. Nothing compares to my local pint in ireland where the barkeep takes pride and the black stuff is constantly flowing

3.99/5  rDev +15.7%

I still love this beer! Even though it's like the Bud Light of stouts (4.2%), this is the beer that got me to try other beers, and for that I am grateful.

2.23/5  rDev -35.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

I don't understand why people make a big fuss about this beer. Super boring, and has the most rancid shitty after taste. Probably one of the worst stouts out there. The abv is super low too which is not typical of a good stout. This is the Natty Ice of stouts.

Guinness Draught from Guinness Ltd.