Guinness Draught - Guinness Ltd.

Guinness DraughtGuinness Draught

good

Guinness Ltd. visit their website
Ireland

Irish Dry Stout |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-02-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Guinness Draught Alström Bros
4.26/5  rDev +21.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

it's a classic that lives up to the hype.

4.6/5  rDev +31.1%

From the can its okay, definitely not the same as draft. But I am no expert (still learning) overall it is still a great beer to have. From Draft is the best, it is one of my favorite beers.

3.57/5  rDev +1.7%

3.03/5  rDev -13.7%

4.71/5  rDev +34.2%

really good tasting stout one of my favorites

2.87/5  rDev -18.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

3.39/5  rDev -3.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

To think this is probably the all time best selling dark beer is hard to understand. I just tried it again the other day from a tavern that pours a ton of it every day. It's okay but nothing special compared to some of the great porters and stouts that are on the market now.

3.73/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.47/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.94/5  rDev +12.3%

Best from tap (if poured correctly). Black with a smooth creamy head. Hints of coffee, chocolates and caramel.

3.72/5  rDev +6%

3.65/5  rDev +4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.04/5  rDev -13.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

3.12/5  rDev -11.1%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.25

From tap, black opaque with low creamy hard head. Aroma with notes of caramel, coffee, bread and herbs. Taste is full and semi dry.

3.65/5  rDev +4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.5/5  rDev -0.3%

I ended up having this in a can. I didn't realize you were suppose to let it sit. Even with that it wasn't very great. I've had better

4.44/5  rDev +26.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I like this brew so much I visited the brewery at St. Jame's Gate in Dublin.
This is my first review and I thought I'd start with a beer I really enjoy. I guess I'm an "outlier" on this one, but I really love this stout.

3.44/5  rDev -2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

3.58/5  rDev +2%
look: 5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Smell: Definitely agreed with previous comments on a slightly "milky smell." Heavy, earthy grains with faint, dark notes of chocolate and caramel and coffee. I would describe it as slightly musky. I had to hold it to my nose a few times to pick up everything in my nasal passages--I would describe the smell, in a nutshell, as "heavy, but muted.:

Look: Please pour this beer correctly; this is clearly a beer meant for you to "drink with your eyes": Hold at a 45 degree angle, pour along the backside of the glass to about 3/4 full. Let stand for a moment, then pour gently until you have a dome of foam, shone in the picture, at the top of your glass. The presentation is absolutely gorgeous. I say, one more time, the presentation is absolutely gorgeous: drink this beer with your eyes! The cascading foam is an incredible sight to behold.

Taste: Sweet, on the tip of the tongue. Initial notes of chocolate, and a very very slight note of caramel. As the beer passes a little further, to the middle of your mouth, the coffee bitterness hits the sides of your tongue. I would argue that a light coffee bitterness follows this beer all the way down into your gullet. At the back of the tongue, there is a slight, heavy grain taste that washes it the rest of the way down. I love the way the initial sweetness of this beer gets chased down with the bitters. I have definitely had better dark beers than this, but it is a Guiness, which may as well be a proprietary eponym for "CLASSIC BEER."

Mouthfeel: Very little carbonation. Thick and heavy. On one hand, I find myself wishing it had a little more carbonation, but on the other, it's something different, and I get it. The mouthfeel pairs well with the taste of this beer. Anything different would be weird...it wouldn't be a Guinness!

Overall: It's a classic. If i'm not drinking some new, crazy, hoppy craft beer, I kind of enjoy having the Guinness to fall back on! It's one of the few mass-produced beers that I feel no guilt in drinking. Great beer!! 3.75 overall

It is the greatest beer in all the world

3.73/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

4.02/5  rDev +14.5%

4.12/5  rDev +17.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

3.51/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Guinness Draught from Guinness Ltd.