Guinness Red Harvest Stout - Guinness Ltd.

Guinness Red Harvest StoutGuinness Red Harvest Stout

Guinness Ltd. visit their website
Ireland

Irish Dry Stout |  4.10% ABV

(Beer added by: Lemke10 on 08-21-2013)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Guinness Red Harvest Stout Alström Bros

Stum-pub, Oct 23, 2013

TheWillMitch, Aug 02, 2014
4.25/5  rDev +36.7%

losdizzel, Oct 24, 2013
4.16/5  rDev +33.8%

Guinness Red Harvest Stout present the traditional Guinness cascade, and it sets up with a creamy, cream-colored head (medium width), a clear, reddish-brown appearance, a lacing sheen, and lots of tiny bubbles that stream up, if the glass is agitated in any way. The aroma comes alive as the beer warms- very creamy, medium-roasted malt, caramel sweetness, and toffee. Taste is of very sweet, sugary, bready malt, caramel, cream, and a mellow hop bitterness to balance things out. Mouthfeel is medium and silky, and Guinness Red Harvest Stout finishes semi-dry, sweet, smooth, and delicious.

RJT

SnatchyMcPants, Oct 13, 2013

January, Sep 20, 2014

Furley80, Jan 30, 2014

Stargazer2892, Jul 16, 2014

Sampling right now on 8/29/14. New this year and comes in a 4-pack (cans only for $8.99) that contains 14.9 ounces. About 8 of them were out for 'Make your own 6" for $7.99, so I got 2 of them. :) Can chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured in to a Guinness pint glass.

Pours a very deep brown with ruby-red highlights with a nice 1+-finger creamy head that is from the nitro-tap in the can. Pours nicely just like a thick Guinness on tap. A good amount of thick lacing is seen that sticks to the sides of the glass when sipped. One of the most I have seen actually! Not much for aroma, just of some roasted malts for the most part. The taste is very smooth with not a lot of carbonation and is different from a regular Guinness and much easier to drink. The taste is of some roasted malts with a very light hint of some spice but not very detectible. Overall, a smooth brew.

BeerWithMike, Aug 29, 2014

DuffDaddy, Oct 21, 2013

BJasny, Oct 16, 2013

Huffs, Oct 14, 2013
3.86/5  rDev +24.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Poured into a tulip.

A: I know there are those who hate these nitro cans but I one the way this looks. A wonderful cascade down the glass as the head settles and oh what a head. And this head while it dissipates never vanishes but does leave some wonderful lacing as it subsides. Pours a dark brown with a hint of red.

S: For me, a faint roasted grain aroma.

T: I saw a noter review that liked this beer but said it didn't taste like a stout. I tolerate some stouts but they aren't my favorite style, perhaps that's why I like this one.

M: If you like the nitro mouthfeel you will like this as well. Obviously it works for me.

O: I like this better than the regular Guinness, but I like that as well.

JimKal, Nov 30, 2013
3.85/5  rDev +23.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

From the red and black nitro can that doubles as a noisemaker when empty comes a new classic I feel.

Appearnce: Reddish black with a light brown head, smooth carbonation, if any!

Smells: Roast malt, autumnal feeling

Taste: Roast malt, barley, caramel, coffee at finish

Moutheel: thinner, but not too thin

Overall, I'm going to try this on draught. Plus, I think I need another four pack!

BierStein711, Sep 05, 2013
3.82/5  rDev +22.8%

I picked this one up in a singles cooler. It was sitting way back and I figured hey, something bigger than 12 oz...it's a better deal!

Only later did I realize that this beer celebrated demon festivals and druids of the celtic religion. Needless to say I don't want to partake in that so I'm gonna taste it quick and probably get rid of it. Personal choice.

Appearance (4.5) : Pours a very creamy head that, combined with the body actually shows about three different hues of color. The first hue is a dark brown which is the body, then where the body meets the head it's a shade lighter, and finally the head which is a traditional creamy Guinness white cap. Eventually it separates into a dark currant red body and a creamy white cap about 1 finger that stays probably forever. It's probably got about the neatest, most uniform looking cap I've seen. The body is about 90% opaque. The lacing as I drink it is simply world class.

Aroma (3.75) : Smells harvest season-ish. Pumpkin, cranberry, currant, some sweet cinnamon. Anise candy. Perhaps even a little butterscotch. It smells sweet. Bouquet is weak in strength, though.

Taste (3.5) : It's different. It has a sour and lightly tinny ale flavor that goes away pretty quick, but then glides down so smooth. There's hints of oats and wheat as well. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, and overall it is pretty tasteless, but what IS there tastes pretty alright.

Mouthfeel (4) : A+ for this beer. It's a great feel and is signature Guinness creaminess. Almost too creamy, but not quite. Lightly carbonated to keep that in check. It's basically like drinking whole milk with just a little zip. The finish is almost nothing, though.

Overall : (3.82)

(Side Bar - Upon pouring I noticed there was some sort of object in the can. I cut the can open with a knife and carefully peeled back the top to reveal a plastic ball. Upon a quick internet search I realized this was called "a widget", and that's what is responsible for such an exceptional head and retention. Interesting.)

I think this beer is a great tasting offering from Guinness. Why they decided to dedicate it to druids and celtic pagan festivals is beyond me. Sadly I won't be buying this again for personal and religious reasons but I can rate the beer on its own merit that it is worth trying.

The-Adjunct-Hippie, Oct 24, 2014
3.76/5  rDev +20.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Appears a dark crimson toned red with some opaque edges. When held to the light, you can see through the glass. A large head of beige fluff never goes away and leaves scattered lacing stuck around the glass.
Smell is of fruity esters, fresh bread, caramel,a touch of roast, and cocoa, and cream.
Taste is of the mentioned aromas with vanilla, and caramel coming to mind atop a fruity, doughy base.
Mouthfeel is creamy, medium bodied, with a lighter finish that refreshes the tastebuds, and leaves me thirsting for my next sip.
I love the Samhain reference on the can. Cool stuff that I would get more of during the Autumn months.

weeare138, Sep 10, 2013
3.75/5  rDev +20.6%

grahuba, Mar 03, 2014
Guinness Red Harvest Stout from Guinness Ltd.