Kuhnhenn Raspberry Eisbock - Kuhnhenn Brewing Company

Wants: 1,290
Kuhnhenn Brewing Company visit their website

Eisbock |  15.50% ABV

Beer added by: marburg on 07-27-2003

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Kuhnhenn Raspberry Eisbock Alström Bros
Reviews: 442 | Hads: 1,144
4.37/5  rDev -0.2%

Thanks to Jw347 for this tiny treat!

This is a 2007 vintage 187ml bottle. I put this one in the fridge for about 15-20min before opening it, it was in my closet/cellar prior to that.

Poured into my small 6oz or so snifter. The beer pours a beautiful sanguine color, dark violet with ruby edges. A very minimal amount of bubbles formed as I poured, then all was still.

The aroma is very fruity and bread-y. Immediately I detect some raspberry juice and other berries, fruity alcohol, and a hefty, doughy, bread like aroma. It literally smells like a berry flavored hard candy. All I can say is wow! There's also a subtle, very soft, aroma of chocolate, like a raspberry truffle. After a sip or two I can detect caramel in both the flavor and aroma.

The flavor! Oh my! I think I just wet my pants. Sweet raspberries upfront, the berry flavored hard candy is there as well, alcohol, caramel, chocolate, and a warming alcohol sensation as it passes through the palate. One of the best dessert beers I have ever had. Maybe a tad medicinal at one point but this is really good stuff.

At first it seems like it will be a bit syrupy, and it is a tad on the thick side, but the low level of carbonation makes it quite smooth. Drinks pretty easy but this is definitely a sipper and a dessert beer.

4.17/5  rDev -4.8%

6 oz bottle.

A - Reddish brown color with just enough of a head to know it's beer. The head goes away quickly.

S - Desert! Chocolate, toffee, raspberry, & booze. Sign me up.

T - A massive rich chocolate & toffee sweetness with the slight tartness of raspberry.

M - Thick, smooth & creamy.

D - This is a rich beer. 6 oz is good serving size. This could even be split with 2 people

I enjoyed this beer way more than I thought I would. Major props to Kuhnhenn for their "out of the box" approach here.

This is a desert beer perfect for after a meal along side some ice cream or chocolate desert of some sort.

1.56/5  rDev -64.4%

2007 vintage.

I certainly never wanted to contribute the lowest score to this beer. It pains me that I have to, since I had such high expectations for it. But I have to be honest as well.

A- nothing wrong here, a dark red liquid, nothing special.

S- Definitely not what I expected here. I didn't necessarily think it would be ALL raspberry, but this smell just threw me for a loop. It was interesting yet weird. Smelt like some really deep caramel, chocolate, and fruit all mingling together into a really weird combo. It kept making me want to smell it actually, but I didn't really enjoy it.

T- This was perhaps the worst tasting beer I've ever had. If I didn't know it was a raspberry beer I might not have even picked it out in the flavor. I was expecting this to pack a raspberry punch at least on par, if not exceeding New Glarus' Raspberry Tart. Huge letdown here. But I know they were trying to go for a whole dessert sorta thing here with chocolate, caramel, and raspberry flavors. The taste was so weird and unusual that I can't even describe it. And I don't want to taste it anymore to try and describe it.

D- Couldn't even finish this. Drain pour for both me and my friend. Sad, because I've been wanting to try this for so long, seeing as how so many people like it, how could it be bad? Well I guess now this is the second lesson I've learned in that regard, the first being Dark Lord.

3.39/5  rDev -22.6%

Thanks to my buds at DLD 08, I finally get to try this rarity! Thanks, buds!

*2007 vintage, 11.9% listed abv

Pours from a puny 6.3oz bottle into my goblet. I really really wanted the phat lookin' bottle in the profile picture, but alas! Was not to be. They're using these diminutive green bottles now, complete with HP printer labels and red wax seal. Cute. Oh yeah, the beer is nearly flat, dingy red, and the head eventually fades to nothing.

Smells a bit... oxidized? Hmm. Not too auspicious. After that, fruit-must, dirty earth, chocolate, tootsie rolls and yes, raspberries. I was surprised by the chocolate character here, and was expecting more fruit... the booze, ah yes, comes through nicely. It's all pretty smoothly blended at 55 degrees.

My, what have we here? Tart raspberries and cocoa abound, but I suppose I was expecting more sweetness... it's boozy and earthy and fairly aggressive. This little bottle packs a wallop. Maybe it's because I've recently had Raspberry Tart, but this is a bit of a letdown... the booze gets in the way of the flavor and the chocolate comes on too strong. Hm.

Mouthfeel is dry with mid-low carbonation and finishes earthy berries and tart with a smack of alcohol. I hate to say it, but the aftertaste was not entirely pleasant. Maybe the recipe has changed over the years?

I have to admit that this was a letdown. I was hoping for a highly sweet, delicious dessert beer and instead got assaulted with an alcoholic chocolate-tart thing with raspberries that kicked me around as I tried to get up. I'll try it again, but please don't crucify me for the low score... please? Now where did I put that DFH Fort?

3.4/5  rDev -22.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Thanks hoppymeal for this one. The very small capped bottle was poured into a tulip.

It is a reddish tinted brown, with little to no head. Aroma is mostly alcohol and raspberries, with some sweetish malts underneath it, but not a lot more I could tell.
Medium bodied, and hot. Raspberries abound, but the alcohol is still the predominant taste. Not puckering or tart, just somewhat fruity.
I have to give this one more shot, perhaps a bit colder than I had this one, but as it stands, it was the biggest disappointment I had so far from the top 100 list. Good, but just good. Not worth the price tag.

4.11/5  rDev -6.2%

2007, poured into a snifter at cellar temp

A - Dark ruby/near black with a slight 1 finger head that dissapears almost immediately.

S - I can smell this puppy from a few feet away. Obviously raspberry, but raspberry jam, raspberry juice, raspberry-ness. Wine. Tootsie roll. RASPBERRY TOOTSIE POP! Maybe a slight underlying malt and a fruity yeast playing second fiddle.

T - Another of Kuhnhenn's brews that really almost transcends the beer category. Major raspberry and dark berry juice, like a dessert. Impressive. Hot on the pipes, and will get better with age.

M - Syrupy, thick, slightly carbonated. Almost sticky.

D - It's good for after dinner, as a dessert. It's high abv and utterly overwhelming flavors limit what could potentially be a world-class drinker. The definition of sipper.

Notes: I've never brought a bottle home for myself to try but have had it in the brewery a couple times. This time is no different... it's great for what it is, which is a special occasion brew, or pairing brew. Regardless, the 6.3 oz bottle is plenty.

After having some of Kuhnhenn's wine, this is almost more reminescent of some of their sweeter reds. Frankly, it's worth a try because there's nothing else like it, but I prefer Tenacious Cassis to this.

4.38/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured out of a 2007 vintage bottle into a flute.

I tried this two different times, one week apart. I must say that my first tasting left me somewhat disappointed vs. the incredible hype that this beer receives. I thought that it was very good but not exceptional.

As I had a # of beers the first time I tasted it, I tried another bottle one week later without having a # of beers behind me already when tasting. I also allowed it to warm a bit before tasting.

Rich brown color with minimal head and lacing. The taste is a rich caramel flavor without an overpowering taste of rasberry. Some rich ripe fruits come through with a warming finish at the end.

On the second time through, I really, REALLY enjoyed this beer. You want more of it but unless you are willing to shell out $30 for 2 bottles, you have to make due with just one.

I am already looking forward to pulling these out of the cellar for X-mas Eve and NY Eve this year. A really fine beer that is worth trying. Enjoy.

4.71/5  rDev +7.5%

A: Not a real site to be honest with you. Pours a reddish brown hue with a very wimpy head.

S: The appearence left me wondering, but at first whiff I knew I had a winner. Holy shit this one is beautiful. Think freshberries drizzled with caramel and hot fudge. I have not had a dessert in quite sometime with an aroma this wonderful.

T: After smelling this one, I had to dive in and give it a sip. WOW!!! I have had eisbock's before and I was some what luke warm to them. Well this is a totally different. The flavors are some of the most complex I have ever tasted. Think Fresh Ripe Indiana Raspberries, Wonderful Creamy Caramel, and the Best Belgian Chocolate known to man mixed together and put in a bottle. That is what this one is. Soo complex, soo wonderful, soo good. The flavors are so dynamic yet seperate. They do not compete with each other at all.

M: Thick and syrupy with ample carbonation.

D: Very little indication of the ABV. The flavor makes you wish this one came by the bomber.

Overall: This is one had I been after for quite sometime. I was glad to acquire it, and even happier with the first taste. The flavors and aromas are hard to beat. Most brewers out there try to replicate world class brews. There is a reason no one else it putting out something like this one. This beer is world class and can not be duplicated. No doubt about it this is one of the best beers in the world. Kuhnhenn hit a grand slam with this one. GET IT AT ANY COST!!!

4.84/5  rDev +10.5%

2004 bottle

Appearance: After exploding from the bottle, pours a hazy black cherry soda color with a head that quickly disappears to a ringlet

Smell: Intense chocolate covered cherry aroma

Taste: The raspberry liquid filled chocolate candy literally coats the tongue and builds in a subtly sour direction by mid-palate; the sour complexity lingers after the swallow as the rich chocolate flavors build in intensity to the finish, which lasts forever

Mouthfeel: Thick and viscous, with modest carbonation

Drinkability: A fantastic sipper that I could enjoy for hours in small doses

4.42/5  rDev +0.9%

A-Poured into a tulip out of a 6.7 oz bottle from the 2007 stash. Pours a dark brown almost burgandy color with no head or carbonation present.

S-has a very rich smell, of chocolate, alcohol and malt.

T-a truely one of a kind beer, almost like a cognac with less alcohol. The alcohol does come through, but overall its a chocolate flavor that prevails with hints of raspberries.

M-a thick smooth beer. The mouthfeel can really be appreciated as it warms, almost syrup like.

D-A great beer, nothing that I would drink a large amount of, but very good none the less. Hard to believe that this beer is considered to be a relative of the common lager.

4.17/5  rDev -4.8%

2007 vintage, poured from a 6oz bottle. It pours a dark brown with reddish highlights, and a light layer of foam on top that fades to the center. Smell is of chocolate covered raspberries. Rich and sweet. Taste follows suit, with an intense raspberry flavor dominating, mixed with some chocolate, caramel, and sugary sweetness. This is definitely a dessert drink. Mouthfeel is thick and rich, almost no carbonation whatsoever. As I'm not a huge fan of raspberry, this brew doesn't do a lot for me, but I do have to say it's incredibly well done for a raspberry brew. It's definitely a sipper, and would be a fitting dessert. It's almost drinks like a port would. Quite enjoyable overall.

4.15/5  rDev -5.3%

6.3oz bottle obtained via trade with goryshkewych. Thanks for the opportunity... 2007 vintage, green bottle.

Poured into a Rapscallion glass, formed a light skim of tiny bubbles over the cloudy orangey brown brew. FIlm of a head shrinks into a small bubble island in the center of the glass, and leggy lace is of the teensy bubble variety. Aroma is leathery and vinous, not as sharply fruity as I experinced int he 04 version. Flavor is sweet chocolate, with fruitiness coming out more and more as time wears on. Alcohol comes hand-in-hand with the raspberry character. Mouthfeel and drinkability are quite good, but this version is just not up to the very high expectations I had. Will have to try again. Glad I still have that little bottle of 04 tucked away in the cellar...

12/31/05 - 4/4.5/5/5/5
6.3oz bottle obtained via trade with CRJMellor. Thanks for the opportunity... 2004 vintage, green bottle with red wax-dipped cap.

Poured into a Rapscallion glass, formed a minimal beige head over clear burgundy brew. What head there was quickly fades into a swirly, uneven layer of small bubbles, and lacing is bubbly and prevalent, considering the head or lack thereof, although it should be noted that the style and abv isn't particularly conducive to head. Aroma is earthy raspberries and chocolate over alcohol. Flavor is incredible, it really does taste like raspberry chocolate sauce, without being cloying at all. Alcohol is well-hidden. Mouthfeel and drinkability are incredible for what the brew is. Amazing. Almost makes one wonder if with a little reduction this would make a great dessert sauce. But experimenting with such an exemplary brew would almost be heresy...

4.2/5  rDev -4.1%

cracked this baby open to celebrate the birth of our first child. Poured a dark crimson red, with a short tan head. some big chunks floating in my glass. Head stays put for the duration and becomes creamier, which is nice. Smells of thick raspberries, notes of chocolate, alcohol obvious but not off-putting. Huge sour raspberry taste, but offset by an equally huge chocolate malt presence that balances it perfectly. Alcohol lends a touch of bitterness to the raspberry. Finish is a nice bitter chocolate with hints of fruit. Thick and sticky, full bodied and decadent. Drinks great, though becomes slightly cloying towards the end of it. I think the bottle size is appropriate, even for splitting between two people.

4.42/5  rDev +0.9%

Pours syrupy reddish-brown into a snifter. A modest head quickly dissipates away, frankly, I'm surprised it even appeared at all on a beer this big. Smell is huge on the berries with a strong malty base. Very strong.

The flavour is like drinking malt-infused raspberry mash...sticky sweet with a huge berry presence. Baker's chocolate lingers, and the malts occasionally segue into caramel as well. The highlight is the huge berry presence though. Great stuff.

The mouthfeel, absolutely perfect...extremely sticky and full. Drinkability, in terms of the actual consumption of, fine. I like big beers, I like fruit beers, and I like sweet beers, this delivers on all fronts. It has to be dinged a skosh here because of the price factor though, I won't be rebuying this very often because it is such an expensive brew.

The bottom line: If you like sweet malty beers, and you like raspberries, then Kuhnhenn's Raspberry Eisbock is a must try.

4.64/5  rDev +5.9%

When I first heard about this beer I knew I had to have it. I was fortunate enough to sample it at the 2008 BA EBF and it didn't let me down. I want to thank tayner and mikesgroove for this special treat.

187 mL bottle poured into a snifter. 2007 Vintage.

Pours a dark ruby with a thin layer of brown head that quickly disappears. Tiny bubbles remain here and there with bits of legging when you swirl the glass. Smell is one of a kind. Dark chocolate, ripe raspberries, fresh strawberries, and caramel covered apples. Smooth whip cream and a hint of booze in the nose as well. I could sit here and smell this beauty forever, but that's not what beer is for ;) Flavor is raspberries and creamy caramel, go figure. A very nice blueberry sweetness compliments perfectly. Maple and chocolate syrup combine for even more amazing tastes. The alcohol stings slightly as it flows down the throat, but it's 11.9% people, what did you expect? Mouthfeel is thick and sticky with a higher than expected carbonation. Perfect after dinner treat. What a wonderful beer experience. I urge all BA's to get your hands on this Kuhnhenn gem.

4.25/5  rDev -3%

Thanks to hoppymeal for this one. Vintage 2007.

This one pours a bright strawberry and amber that fades to a peppery yellow and then to nearly clear. No head on this one at all.

Smells of cotton candy, maple syrup, caramels, chocolate and raspberry hard candies from grandma's house with a little bit of alcohol.

Tastes surprisingly thin with a rough cane sugar and a touch of molasses and honey. There's a powerful but delicately smooth alcohol here. Finishes up sweetly with chocolate that melts into thin raspberry hard candies.

Fells light and thin that really helps with the delivery.

A candidate for aging without question. I'd like to be at the next release to pick up a case to slowly sip on over a decade.

4.94/5  rDev +12.8%

Poured from a 6.3oz. bottle with dark red wax around the cap. As I pour this beer I am shocked by the amount of head this beer has, about one finger of even tan head that quickly disapates to just a skim. Body is a blackish red that has hints of brown on the edges when held to light. The nose on this beer is an experience in itself. Tones of chocolate raspberry bon bons, fresh soft toffee and maple poured over Belgian waffles, wow this is amazing. Now to taste. Enters the mouth rich and warming with bold balance of raspberry and coco. An even toffee like richness carries the body of this beer throughout the palate. This beer is like eating the well made masterpiece of a skilled chocolatier. The alchol is listed at 13.5% but it is hard to believe based on how well it is hidden. Mouthfeel is rich and desert like satisfying. This is pure beer drinking heaven even if it is a little sweet for sum, I love it. Easily a top ten favorite of mine.

4.31/5  rDev -1.6%

Looks like a cross between a red wine and cough syrup. No head, no lace. Just a thick syrupy burgandy liquid in the glass.
Smells like chocolate covered raspberries. Mmmmm and yummy.
Very interesting flavor profile. Chocolate covered raspberries. Alcohol kick in the finish. The raspberries add a delightful bitterness and the alcohol add some sharpness and spiciness to the flavor profile.
Mouthfill is thick and syrupy like. Very low carbonated. This beer also has a fullness to it so that the 7oz bottle is enough.
I really like this beer but I think I could only drink one bottle and as a desert beer at that. The serving size is perfect for this beer.

4.31/5  rDev -1.6%

Pours a ruby brown. Very clear with slowly rising carbonation. Thin ring settles to nothing with no lacing. It looked so damn thick going into the glass, almost like cough syrup.

Hmm...almost has a cough syrup smell. Robitussin or something. Nah, I'm just letting that pour get to me. Such a rich smelling beer. Caramel and chocolate drenched raspberries. Doesn't seem like I'm smelling beer, that's for sure. Seductive if a beer ever could be when it comes to the nose. I think there's some toffee in here but do I smell butterscotch, too?

Very sweet and succulent taste. Rich and delightful. Again, pure raspberry juice, blended well with chocolate and caramel. Somewhat buttery undertones. Definite alcohol warming and malty all the way.

Mouthfeel is so thick and syrupy, almost too much for me to handle. Low carbonation leads to this fullness...and filling it is.

I like it, a lot. I just can't see myself drinking any more than this serving. It's been half an hour and I'm not near done. Drink this very slowly and appreciate. Seriously, one of the slowest drinking beers I've ever had, it's that bold.

Thanks, Derek!

4.44/5  rDev +1.4%

Finally had a chance to sample this fabled beer. And I do not mean sample, as it comes in this teensy tinsy bottle that must contain five or six oz., at most.

Pours a hazy reddish brown. No real head to speak of. Smell is overwhelmingly chocolate and raspberry. Taste is more of the same, with some caramel and a nice smooth semi-bitter after-taste. Absolutely overpoweringly flavorful, and a perfect dessert beer. The raspberry flavor is truly amazing. Rich and explosive. The carbonation was light, but did just enough to offset the heavy character and flavor of this beer.

4.61/5  rDev +5.3%

2007 version, poured from a 183 mL bottle, courtesy of tayner

A: Pours a very rusty looking brown, no head to speak up. No lace.

S: A mix of fresh raspberry, caramel, hint of chocolate, all bolstered by a sweet malt backbone. Aroma is very candy-like. Like a raspberry candy or like a light chocolate covered raspberry candy you may find in a box of chocolates.

T: Caramel and raspberry again. A bit of a toasted malt and bitterness in the back end. A bit of spicy alcohol. Sweet malty tones throughout. The taste really makes you think of that you biting into the fruit. Not juicy, but like you are actually eating the fruit but with out any type of astringency that would hurt the mouthfeel.

M/D: Full bodied, very light carbonation, alcohol is concealed well enough. Drinkability is nice. 13.50% hampers it a bit, plus it is so dang rich I would probably would only what it with desert, or as desert. Very good brew.

Could be one of the best beers in the world. I am not kidding. These guys can make a fantastic beer.

Best dessert beer ever....even better than their Tenacious Cassis.

Served in a snifter....very dark red. Almost blood like...well at $13/ 6 oz I guess it is blood.

The aroma was awesome. The flavor was even better. The beer attacked my senses.

Very little head, and slight legs. But who cares....the flavor was unreal...sweet, bitter and it kept gropwing. Chocolate, Rasberry, slight alcohol but WOW.

Since I had this on VD, it was my present to myself....sorry ladies...BEER wins! Best chocolates EVER!

Very rich and like a woman it makes you want more when you are done. Very smooth and rich, even in the aroma.

4.29/5  rDev -2.1%

Ahh, the infamous Raspberry Eisbock, the quintessential dessert beer. Not much more can be said about the hype surrounding this one, been a long time coming for me to try this. First off, I was thrilled to be able to finally try this one. So much hype surrounding it and I have been trying to get a hold of it for what seemed like forever now, and I was finally able to get a bottle a few weeks ago and have been waiting to try it anxiously. Last night I decided was the night, I was going to be giving this one a try. Went to the cellar and pulled out the 2007 vintage bottle, perfectly chilled to 50.2 degrees, and proceeded to pour this tiny little bottle, 175ml into a Rodenbach Grand Cru Chalice.

A - Poured into my glass with little to know fan fare associated with it. No head at all, no lace, no bubbles, no nothing. Really quite strange, as I expected this behemoth of a beer, in a little tiny bottle mind you, but this was just not there. There was nothing there at all, which to be honest seemed a bit strange to me. The color on it was fantastic, a very deep rusty brown with loads of ruby tinted hints riddled throughout the glass. Really took on a wonderful color and a I was really most impressed by this factor. Though it looked rather lifeless in the glass, the color spoke for itself, just a very nice caramel, hazy and ruddy color, with hints of red, really looked like a dessert filling.

S - The aroma came at you straight out of a Valentine's Day box of chocolate. I really have never had a beer smell like this before. I have had many a dessert beer, Fruit beer, RIS, but nothing that comes close to this. The first thing that came across was a rich blend of toffee and chocolate. Very smooth and rich, even in the aroma, it was like walking into a candy store what came next. Rich tones of raspberry mixing and melting in with everything that came before and after. Hints of oak perhaps, vanilla definitely though. Truly, unlike anything I had been around before. Very sweet, but at the same time, kind of tart. There was a slight touch of alcohol, but barely discernable from the wonderful candy like smells that preceded it.

T - The flavor was like something out of this world. There is really just no other way to describe it. I have truly never had anything like this before, but one thing I can say for sure, this was no beer. This was one of the most decadent desserts I have ever had the pleasure of trying. From the first wave of oak filled caramel that rolled over my tongue, I knew I was in for a treat. Loads of chocolate following this, but weird chocolate, not your normal thick chocolate stout like flavor, rather it was a baking chocolate that was laced, well not really, more like infused with raspberries. The flavor was just wonderful hints of everything but the kitchen sink in this one. Some nice touches of caramel and toffee riddled throughout this thing. I am not even really sure what to call it; it was just a wonderful mixture of so many different flavors. If there was ever a beer that embodied a candied desert it was this. Ok, enough of that, to sum it up in a single sentence, have you ever seen one of those liquor-filled chocolates? If you have, this is what you would WANT it to taste like!

M - The feel was a little odd at first, but then you got used to it. There was literally no carbonation to it at all, which would normally be an automatic downer, but for some reason actually worked quite well on this one. The flavors were enough to stand on their own, and did not need anything in the way of bubbles to bring them to the surface. A really nice finish on this one as well, forgot to mention that. The taste just dragged on and I could literally still taste this one a good five minutes after I had my last sip. Long drawn out sweet caramel and toffee just dominating the finish, with a slightly dry bitter quality.

D - The smoothness of this was insane. I mean this is a classic dessert, and the alcohol is huge in this but I never got a taste of it. Very strange that it would never show up in the flavor, I would have thought it would have been harsher, especially for a recent release, but smooth as silk. I could have kept sipping on this all night long without an issue, but alas, the little six-ounce bottle only stayed around for thirty minutes and was gone.

Overall, this was outstanding. A bit weird at first I will admit that, but once you realize what it is there is truly nothing else like it. I would have to say this was worth all the hype it gets and is really quite good. I would recommend this to anyone.

4.87/5  rDev +11.2%

Finally got to crack this open on Valentine's Day. The wifey had wine while I sipped on this absolute jewel.

Dark ruby-amber color, a bit murky, with small bubbles slowly floating their way to the top.

Smells like a raspberry that has been covered in rich, dark chocolate. Incredible aroma... very sweet and fruity. The smell wafts out of my flute glass and makes me want to sit here and smell this thing over and over...

Huge raspberry sweetness/tartness that is followed up by the slow rolling finish of chocolate. Nice slow alcohol burn on the way down makes this one unbelievable.

This is one remarkably well-brewed beer. I love everything about this beer. Unless I move to Michigan or can find another trade, I probably won't ever have this one again but I can only hope I'm wrong. I would love to always have a bottle of this in the fridge.

4.61/5  rDev +5.3%

A special thanks to trumick for this one. Hard to get.

A- Small 6 oz bottle, 2007, pours dark brown/red, small head, thin bubble lacing.

S -I have never had anything like it. The raspberries dominate the nose, with chocolate not far behind.

T- Taste amplifies the smell. It is like eating a chocolate torte smothered in raspberry sauce.

M - Very coating, creamy, sufficient carbonation.

D - I like dessert. I wish I had a case of these guys to finish off my next 24 meals.

Kuhnhenn Raspberry Eisbock from Kuhnhenn Brewing Company