Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Kuhnhenn Gingerlicious - Kuhnhenn Brewing Company

Herbed / Spiced Beer |  6.50% ABV

Beer added by: sinstaineddemon on 08-28-2007

Reviews by CoSMoSYS:
3.8/5  rDev n/a

It was served to me with a clear gold color with a small head the quickly dissipated. Lacing was very prominent for the first 3/4 of the drink, but near the end it was gone.

This drink is called, 'Gingerlicious' for a reason. This drink is all ginger, all the time. But I did detect other smells, like cloves and pepper. Very balanced.

Exactly as I described the smell of the drink. The aftertaste is all ginger but quickly fades.

As I continued with this drink, I couldn't believe how smooth it got over time. Very light.

A different but very good beer. I could only imagine drinking one of these per night as the ginger got to be a bit much near the end. A definite treat and I highly suggest to all to try this one out! (727 characters)

3.28/5  rDev n/a

Not a bad beer, but you really need to like Ginger. I liked her on Gilligan's Island, but not so much in a beer. As a whole, the beer isn't bad, it just hasd too much ginger in it for me. Great color, great lacing, and the finish isn't bad. But I am not big into this style of beer.

YMMV (288 characters)

3.82/5  rDev n/a

A - this tasty beer made with real ginger pours a light golden brown. this beer screams ginger. it even looks ginger ale, with a fizzy dark tan bubbly head

S - the smell is completely dominated by ginger, it honestly smells like ginger beer, the soda i mean

T - the taste also like that of ginger beer, had i not ordered this, i would've sworn this was the soda, the ginger twang is strongest at the end

M&D - sharp and flavorful, this beer is tasty for those who engoy ginger, otherwise it will be too sharp. it really tastes like an alcoholic version of ginger beer (the soda)

not sure what to classify this style as, i considered fruit/vegetable beer, but pangaea (another ginger beer) was my only influence (721 characters)

3.49/5  rDev n/a

Had on-tap at the brewery.

It poured a dark yellow/light brown. The brew was slightly cloudy. It had a smallw white head that had almost no retention.

The smell is exactly as advertised, ginger. It doesn't even really smell like beer, it reminds me of some sort of energy drink.

The flavor is exactly like the smell, all ginger. It is actually the only thing I can pick up at all. There really isn't any malt or hops flavor to speak of. The mouthfeel is extremely bubbly, almost seltzer like. It is definitely refreshing but I couldn't imagine drinking more than one.

I have to hand it to the Kuhnhenn brothers, they definitely aren't afraid to experiment. This beer was very unique and I enjoyed it, but I can't imagine it being more than a once-in-a-while drink. (772 characters)

Kuhnhenn Gingerlicious from Kuhnhenn Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.