Kuhnhenn Cookie Crisp Dunkel - Kuhnhenn Brewing Company

Kuhnhenn Cookie Crisp Dunkel
No picture uploaded.
good

Kuhnhenn Brewing Company visit their website

Munich Dunkel Lager |  ABV ?

Beer added by: tectactoe on 03-18-2013

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 14 | Reviews: 1

4.25/5  rDev +22.1%

3.75/5  rDev +7.8%

3.66/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

One of the many breakfast themed beers created for Kuhnhenn's "Breakfast of Champions" St. Patrick's Day party. Pours a murky, dark brown, almost swampy color with a a small beige head that settles very quickly. Mostly opaque with a little bit of light getting through the edges.

I enjoyed the aroma of this one quite a bit. Very sweet and soft up front, malty through and through with no real floral or hop presence of any kind. I'm definitely getting a Cookie Crisp vibe, but I think I may be forcing myself to smell it just a bit. Definitely little bits of breadiness and sweet cocoa nibs which attribute to the cookie-ness as well. There's also a sweetness that is making my mind think of something else. It's a smell that I know, and a smell that I've smelled many times before. But over the entire course of the drink, I couldn't put my finger on it. This one will haunt me forever.

The first sip was a little more watery in flavor and body that I'd hope for, and this was one case where the flavor didn't match the aroma quite like I had expected. Sweet malts lead the way, very light roast and a hint of caramel. A nice chocolate flavor follows closely behind; sweet, creamy, and just a few notches away from being milky. The malts inject a solid bready flavor into the beer, and when coupled with the cocoa, definitely gives the "cookie" feel. And actually, after I swallow and smack my tongue off my palate, I realize that the aftertaste is almost exactly like Cookie Crisp. Very nice, I just wish that flavor was more powerful and relevant throughout the rest of the beer. Thin-medium bodied with medium carbonation.

Whoof, the aftertaste was a carbon copy of Cookie Crisp, I just wish the rest of the beer carried that same taste. It was still very enjoyable and a nice, easy going dunkel.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Kuhnhenn Cookie Crisp Dunkel from Kuhnhenn Brewing Company