Kuhnhenn Raspberry Truffle Braggot - Kuhnhenn Brewing Company

Kuhnhenn Raspberry Truffle Braggot
No picture uploaded.

Kuhnhenn Brewing Company visit their website

Braggot |  17.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Michigan on 06-23-2013)

bleedsblu, Jul 22, 2014
4.25/5  rDev +7.1%

nlmartin, Jun 23, 2014
2.75/5  rDev -30.7%

vinny21bal, Apr 10, 2014
4.2/5  rDev +5.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Bottle opened on 12.8.13
2012 Vintage

A - Pours a dark brown with a few light tan bubbles that are gone very fast.

S - Raspberries and dark chocolate.

T - Lots of raspberries and dark chocolate, booze in the finish.

D - Low carbonation with a medium body.

O - Tasty and sweet. Nice.

HuskyinPDX, Dec 30, 2013

beergorrilla, Sep 03, 2013

Zaphog, Sep 03, 2013

KWMiles, Aug 26, 2013
3.71/5  rDev -6.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Bottle sent my way from a great Michigan trading partner. You're the man Al! I should also note that I am a braggot novice, so my number ratings should be taken with a grain of salt.

Pours almost black, rusty brown in the light. No head

Smells of sugary, almost artificial raspberry with chocolate and some alcohol phenols.

Taste is much the same, very sweet raspberry syrup kind of flavor with chocolate followed close behind. No heat on the palate which is a bit surprising from the smell.

Low carbonation, medium mouthfeel, sticky finish.

I shared this with my father who said it smelled like a raspberry chocolate candy without knowing that it was called 'Raspberry Truffle Braggot', so they definitely nailed what they were going for. That said, a bit muddled, a bit simple, and way too cloying to enjoy more than a couple sips of. Still very fun to try, huge thanks to Al for the opportunity.

MasterCraft, Aug 12, 2013
4.41/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Will do my full review after work today. Opened one of my bottles on 6/23/13. This was easily the best Braggot I have had, awesome flavors present from the Raspberry, was a bit worried when I decided to buy my full allotment of the beer, but am very happy that I did, it is extremely good.

Kmccabe33, Jun 24, 2013
4.75/5  rDev +19.6%

singingninkasi, Jun 24, 2013
3.55/5  rDev -10.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Poured at Kuhnhenn Summer Solstice 2013. This thing is expensive...

A- Transparent amber color. Not what I was expecting from a raspberry truffle beverage. But, oh well. Thin white head that fizzed away and left a thin layer on the top. I'm surprised it had what it did for being 17%. It wasn't anything spectacular.

S- This is what surprised me at first. There was little to no aroma. I was expecting a big aroma similar to Raspberry Eisbock mixed with a chocolate stout. But that's not what I got. There was a slight hint of medical (cough syrupy) raspberry and no noticeable chocolate. I was made well aware of the 17% as this thing warmed up. Turned into a bit of a mess but nothing too desirable came out from the background.

T- Well, I had high hopes for this because it sounded delicious. I tried it before I bought the bottles because I wasn't about to blindly spend $18 on a 12oz bottle. It had no flavor. Both myself and my buddy said it tasted pretty bland. Slight hints of medicinal fruit and no chocolate. It turned boozy and really sweet as it warmed. Not what I was expecting. Maybe my expectations were too high on this. After realizing this wasn't up to the level I was hoping, I tried to view it from a different angle and I still concluded that it wasn't great.

M- It had a good mouthfeel. It lingered in the mouth for a bit. It was pretty sweet and it left a bit of a sticky feeling in the back of my mouth. I think it worked well for the beer/braggot.

O- Disappointment. When my order was finally filled, I declined the purchase of my 2 bottles and let them go to someone else.

Michigan, Jun 23, 2013