Follow our progress ...

Awaiting 10 Reviews

The Blind Pig Brewery
Illinois, United States | website

Style: English Pale Mild Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by champ103 on 12-01-2012

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.63/5  rDev n/a

A: Pours a clear golden/orange color. At first a two finger white head forms, but recedes after a few minutes. Plenty of lace is left behind.
S: Bread and biscuit malts. Peppery spice, lots of fruity aromas going on. Peaches are most prominent.
T: Follows the nose with biscuit and bready malts. Lots of fruity flavors going on. Over ripe peaches are dominate. I like it, but just a bit on the thin side.
M/D: A medium body and lower carbonation than I would like. A bit thin overall. Very easy to drink and enjoy. I would have no problem putting a few away.

I do really like this. A style that is not very well represented in the States. Ad the rye character and Citra hops, and this is very unique. Though it is just to thin for my tastes. Along with their Dark Mild and Ordinary Mild, it suffers just because it is not on cask. Served in that traditional method, I think this would be a home run. Still enjoyable and worth a try however.

Blind Pig Pale Rye Mild from The Blind Pig Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.