Seven Kings - World Brews

Seven KingsSeven Kings

World Brews visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.50% ABV

(Beer added by: BMan1113VR on 09-08-2010)
View: Beers (82) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Reviews by UCLABrewN84:
UCLABrewN84

2.53/5  rDev -10%

Pours a clear yellow with a 2 inch foamy off-white head that settles to an oily film on top of the beer. Small dots of lace slowly drip into the remaining beer on the drink down. Smell is of grain, sugar, and some slight metallic aromas. Taste is of grain and sweetened corn flakes. This beer has a lower level of carbonation with a slightly crisp mouthfeel. Overall, this is a fairly poor beer but definitely not as bad as some of the other lower shelf offerings I have been trying recently.

05-09-2012 03:22:44 | More by UCLABrewN84
sweett3k

2.33/5  rDev -17.1%

You get what you pay for and this beer is cheap. So it looks, smells, taste, and feels cheap. It smells a tad sweet and grainy. Taste about the same ways it smells and tough to drink a couple of them. I say stay away. If you want to drink a king stick to a Budwiser.

02-19-2011 00:02:05 | More by sweett3k
HalfFull

3.15/5  rDev +12.1%

Stray can absconded from a friend's fridge. Unheard of random label caught my eye. Pours your typical clear and light straw for the style, yet sports a robust cap of foam and leaves some unexpected lacing.

Nose is full with some corny adjuncts and some sweet grain. Slightly better than average for the style though obviously restrained to a degree.

Taste like 'Beer A' to be honest, yet with an interestingly sweet hop nose, which kicks up with some air. Reminds me of a Mexican Lager in complexity and sweetness. Not bad and with enough body to at least ponder before discarding..

01-15-2011 08:32:03 | More by HalfFull
jacklovesbeer

3.7/5  rDev +31.7%

This is a surprisingly good beer. I found this at, of all places, Big Lots, for a cheap $3 a six-pack. I thought, "Hey, for three bucks, I'll try it; even if it's skunk beer, it's worth checking out for that price."

I felt a little trepidation, so enlisted my neighbors to try it out with me. We all were really surprised at how good it actually is. It isn't as malty as I would prefer, but it compares favorably to other domestic beers, like Budweiser. The other guys I was drinking it with felt it was a good domestic beer, and were impressed when I told them how cheap it was.

The flavor was mellow, a bit fruity, as noted on other reviews, and it tingled on the palate. It wasn't too sweet, which is something very important to me. This is a beer that doesn't overwhelm you with a blast of flavor; rather, it leaves a really smooth and pleasant aftertaste. It is a clear golden color, has a nice head to it, and doesn't knock you out. It is a fantastic mixing beer too, given its subtle flavoring. It isn't too strongly flavored with hops, but it strikes a nice balance. As I mentioned earlier, it could use more malt, in my opinion, but this is a minor consideration.

I liked it so much, in fact, that I returned to Big Lots and bought out their entire stock on hand.

10-07-2010 23:29:20 | More by jacklovesbeer
womencantsail

2.58/5  rDev -8.2%

Thanks to Jacob for sharing yet another fine lager.

A: The pour is clear and yellow in color with a short lived, fluffy white head.

S: Sweet grain and adjuncts (corn, for the most part) on the nose along with some apple, corn syrup, and maybe some metal. A touch of skunk.

T: The flavor is pretty much the same as the nose. Grain, corn, and apple juice sweetness and other than that, not much else going on.

M: The body is extremely light and the carbonation is high, as is usual for the style.

D: I can say I've had worse lagers, but that doesn't really mean I want to have any more of this any time soon.

09-10-2010 00:31:09 | More by womencantsail
BMan1113VR

2.55/5  rDev -9.3%

I must review a beer to add it, eh? Can thanks to vacax. Took a while to track this one down. Pours with a clear golden-yellow body and a small white head. Head doesn't fizz away as quickly as most adjunct lagers. Aroma is grainy, apple, honey and some adjuncts corn, metal, cardboard notes. Taste is apples and grainy. No DMS, no diacetyl. Pretty non-offensive really. Dry finish, lively carbonation. Not bad for an adjunct lager.

09-08-2010 17:16:40 | More by BMan1113VR
Seven Kings from World Brews
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.