Big Flats 1901 - World Brews

poor

World Brews visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.50% ABV

Brewed for Walgreens Drug Stores

(Beer added by: alcstradamus on 12-11-2010)
jALEson

01-01-2012 01:40:29 | More by jALEson
Razr86

09-14-2012 06:53:00 | More by Razr86
atlbravsrno1

Tennessee

07-24-2014 22:23:16 | More by atlbravsrno1
Solid_Lifters

Disgusting!!! Vile!!! This is without a doubt the WORST beer I have ever tried!!! I tried a few cans, just to be sure and it was HORRIBLE every single time. At one time, I even gagged a little. Avoid unless you want to see how horrible this beer truly is.

08-11-2014 11:14:14 | More by Solid_Lifters

Leschber

07-24-2014 21:02:04 | More by Leschber
Bachledk

1.02/5  rDev -59.5%

A: This has the least color in a beer that I have ever seen. When the "beer" is poured into a glass, it looks like well water. Mostly clear with that slight tint of color. Although it did manage to get a finger and a half to two fingers of head, it faded very quickly.

The can looked nice

S: Not much of a smell. About the only thing that could be smelled was a hint of metal.

T: Absolutely terrible taste of predominantly skunk and metal.

M: Feels like carbonated water.

D: This is undrinkable, I would not even use this for drinking games.

The beers only redeeming factor is that it is 3$. So, maybe if you really want to play a prank on one of your friends...

03-15-2011 17:40:52 | More by Bachledk
irishmadness

Indiana

1.13/5  rDev -55.2%

A- Golden
S- I smelled almost nothing, very faint hops
T- Like Keystone Light, In one word Cheap
M- Watery
D- Use for beer pong or a beer bong

While I'm not a fan of this beer if your having a beer pong party this would be the beer to use.It's cheap effective for that purpose.

02-23-2011 01:42:21 | More by irishmadness
barrenbane

1.2/5  rDev -52.4%

Purchased a 6-pack for $2.99 at Walgreens. There is no freshness date on the cans, which may explain my very poor review.

A - Extremely translucent with medium carbonation; it looks like an "ultra light" beer. No head whatsoever, even with an aggressive pour.

S - Smells skunked with strong hints of rotten cabbage. I've never smelled a beer this offensive in my life.

T - Absolutely horrendous. The rotten cabbage odor carries into the flavor -- I couldn't finish this beer.

M - Very watery and flat.

Personally, I've never tasted a beer this repulsive in my life. Perhaps the beer was 2-3 years past expiration, but I'm still going to rate it based on my experience with the particular 6-pack I purchased. AVOID.

08-05-2011 05:07:53 | More by barrenbane
jik18

1.25/5  rDev -50.4%

08-12-2012 04:33:17 | More by jik18
beershrine

1.3/5  rDev -48.4%

Appearance - average to good , head drops fast

Smell - mild sweet

Taste- corn, veggie, mild after taste a little sour not smooth

Mouthfeel- mostly after taste is gross

Overall - disappointing, watery bland with weird astringistey.

6 pack @ walgreens are 2.99 ---forget it. Natural light is much better
The brewer should be embarrassed for this contract brew.

12-21-2012 00:56:45 | More by beershrine
OhYesILoveBeer

Georgia

1.35/5  rDev -46.4%

> F / 1.45
> look: 2 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 3 | drink: 1.5
> rDev: -82.1%
> Let me start by saying that I'm kind of p*&^%d that i
> didn't review this in time to add it to BA... P*$^%D!!!
> J/K! Anyhow to the review..
> 12oz can, bought at Walgreen's in Snellville GA @ $3.49 a
> 6pk. Yes its my birthday today so I said to myself, "Wtf,
> might as well"! States that this beer is brewed by
> "Brewmasters Choice". Honestly I'd rather trust a product
> clearly labeled as a Genesee brew than something Ive
> never, ever, ever heard of. Served into my Fischers .4l
> tulip (Oh yeeeaaa!!)
> Pours strait up WEE-WEE color, with a fizzy white 1/2 finger
> head that dissipates immediately.
> Smells like POOPIE, honestly... Smells like a stew of
> rotten veggies soaked in lingering POOT residue, not
> regular POOT but a foul intoxicating POOT from a LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZEN who just finished off 2 1/2lbs of HOTDOGS AND CHEESEBURGERS at a ALL American BASEBALL game spiked with rotten olives. I honestly have never smelled a beer like this. I'm wondering if a employee POOTED in this can before the top was slammed on it.

Now im dreading tasting this stuff. Holy cow! Tastes like water with a punch of rotten veggies, closely following the horrid nose. A slight touch of goat WEE-WEE, a wee bit of rotten corn husks, and something else thats definatly beyond freshness date.
> The mouthfeel is decent for a adjunct brew, kinda fizzy
> with medium carbonation goin on.
> Overall, if your homeless and looking for something to
> help you throw up that 3 week old burrito you found in
> that Taco Bell dumpster this beer is for you. Otherwise
> stay away from this beer, its only for the true pennyless
> drunk looking for something to keep him/her company while
> passing out under the I285/Sandy Springs bridge. Cheers!
> Serving type: can
> Originally Reviewed on: 12-13-2010 22:56:11 Re-Reviewed on January 2nd 2011 *Note* If this review really offend's anyone here, consider myself to be "SORRY", this is a constructive and honest review. I had to re-review it because apparently alot of cry-babys that surf this site and were horribly offended.. LOL Pfffft!

01-02-2011 04:17:00 | More by OhYesILoveBeer

11-22-2011 04:50:59 | More by barnzy78
TippySelenoid

Missouri

1.53/5  rDev -39.3%

Poured into a pint glass.

This beer is light yellow and fizzy.

It doesn't have much smell. Grainy and metallic.

It's adjuncty and sweet. Not very hoppy. As it warms it gets worse.

It's watery and fizzy.

Overall, it's better than Big Flats Light, but that's not a stretch.

11-11-2011 02:33:55 | More by TippySelenoid
troobie

1.55/5  rDev -38.5%

Interestingly enough, the worst beer I've ever had was/is contract-brewed exclusively for 7-11 as a store brand (Game Day Ice.) Here is another contract-brewed beer made exclusively for Walgreens as a store brand, and it's just as horrendous. I'm noticing a pattern.

I recommend drinking this from the can, however, I did pour two cans (not all at once) into a 23 ounce pilsner glass to review.

A: Big Flats 1901 is much darker than I had anticipated. Golden. There is a two finger head with tight carbonation. After several minutes there is a ring that lasts the entire glass. No lacing without chugging.

S: Very sweet. Fruity. I smell bananas that have been sitting on the counter for two weeks and are black on the outside. I can smell lager beer if I try really hard. Closer to cheap wine than beer. I'm having bad flashbacks of Game Day Ice.

T: Horribly sweet. Sugary sweet. The sweetness is the first thing I taste and it lasts well after I swallow. There is some bitterness. Some stale malt like Cheerios soaked in water.

M: Carbonation is medium. It's more substantial than I expected. Easily the best part of the beer.

O: It's rare that I find a beer that I would never buy again, but here you go. This is now the second worst beer I've ever had just behind 7-11's Game Day Ice. The saddest part is that at 4.5% ABV there isn't even enough alcohol to get you drunk enough to not care how bad Big Flats 1901 tastes! Hell, that's a basic rule that developed the ice beer market.

01-25-2013 09:52:47 | More by troobie
Drew966

1.55/5  rDev -38.5%

Big Flats 1901 pours a yellow color with a white head from a twelve ounce can. The aroma has some generic beer like thing going on. The flavor is bad, industrial chemical like flavors dominate, a touch of corn or malt or something is along for the ride. Usually I'm fairly generous when reviewing adjunct lagers, but this one is among the truly bad swill beers.

03-20-2011 13:14:54 | More by Drew966
bort11

Missouri

1.65/5  rDev -34.5%

12 can poured into a pilsener glass. A bright white foam fills the top two inches of the glass, but recedes in a matter of seconds. There is a fairly dense lace cap on the surface and a few tracer lines on the glass. Body color is the clearest, palest yellow. There are active carbonation streamers and first, but they quickly dissipate.

Smell is barely noticeable. What is there is a mildly sweet corn aroma. Taste is watery, with a trace of grassy hops and corn sweetness. I have to really strain to detect flavors.

Mouthfeel is water. Big Flats is right. This is thin, flat and nothing to it. $2.99 a six pack. This is the epitome of cheap beer.

04-02-2011 00:09:54 | More by bort11