1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Goldmine - World Brews

GoldmineGoldmine

World Brews visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.50% ABV

(Beer added by: MNJR on 01-26-2011)
View: Beers (82) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Ratings: 49 | Reviews: 28 | Show All Ratings:
hmk22

2.78/5  rDev -6.4%

Totally unimpressive budget ($7.99 for a 12-pack) offering at Whole Foods. I'm frankly surprised that WF would even carry this given their move to growler service and their past contract brews (e.g., Roscoe's Hop House, a decent pale ale). Not sure who they're going for with this -- maybe the PBR crowd? -- but I can't believe it will win many fans. I find it thin, watery, with little flavor. If you're looking for private label off-price stuff I'd stick with Trader Joe's.

04-01-2011 02:16:02 | More by hmk22
metter98

2.93/5  rDev -1.3%

A: The beer is clear yellow in color and has a light amount of carbonation. It poured with a thin bright white head that quickly dissipated and left some lacing on the surface.
S: There are aromas of adjuncts (corn and rice seem apparent) and grainy malts in the nose.
T: The taste has flavors of grainy malts and there is a slight amount of bitterness from the hops in the finish.
M: It feels light-bodied on the palate and has a light to moderate amount of carbonation.
D: The beer goes down very easily but there's nothing special about it that would make me want to try it again.

02-17-2011 01:08:30 | More by metter98
MNJR

3.8/5  rDev +27.9%

This is a new beer being contract brewed for Whole Foods nationally by a brewer in Rochester NY. Whole Foods employees provided this information, so I'm just repeating it. I am ASSUMING Genesee is the brewer, but can't confirm this. Apparently it is impossible to review a beer here without at least guessing the brewer. Seems fair but makes it hard to review a beer like this one where the brewer is operating (or hiding) under what seems like a bogus name. Future reviewers or someone in the know can correct me if I'm wrong. Never saw this until today and it was $7.99/12 cans, so I bit.

The color is light, pale gold/yellow. Very nice head and fine, even carbonation. The head dies at a respectable pace and leaves a thin tight lattice pattern in the glass. The smell is clean, bright, some nice German smelling hops, a sight fruit aroma. Nothing cheap or offensive. The taste is quite good for the style. Nice clean grain, light but crisp hops, a hint of citrus with a decent malt presence. The mouthfeel is crisp, if a bit thin. I had PBR yesterday, and I tend to enjoy that beer. This is right there and I might say a cut above. Nice job introducing a new contract beer that isn't terrible like most. I'd buy again for sure. Would be an excellent summer/hot weather beer.

I'd say it is a solid cut above the average macro lager.

Note: Cable Car beers are also contract brewed in Rochester for WF. I'd assume Genesee handles these as well. The Cable Car I've had was pretty bad. This is much better.

01-26-2011 23:18:40 | More by MNJR