DieselPunk IPA - World Brews

DieselPunk IPADieselPunk IPA

World Brews visit their website

(Beer added by: tdm168 on 04-23-2013)
View: Beers (82) |  Events

1.5/5  rDev -49.5%

04-02-2014 12:50:26 | More by IAmHollywood13
jokelahoma

1.66/5  rDev -44.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Poured into a pinto shaker at home

Pours a clean, hazy copper. Huge, rocky, ice cream float type head.

Aroma is very faint. There's a hint of chalk in the nose, almost a baking soda type aroma. it's lightly metallic as well. Could it be... oh lordie, yes it is. Made by the same folks who make the hideous Tap Room 21 brews. This does not bode well.

The taste is a hint of hop, followed almost immediately by a dishwashing liquid flavor. Seriously heavy "Palmolive" thing going on here. I can't get past it, in fact. If there is anything else in the flavor of this beer, I can't find it, and believe me I'm looking pretty hard. I want to find something positive to write about. But sip after sip, it's soapy soap soap. I save "1" ratings for beers that have gone bad, usually. This isn't spoiled, it's just not anywhere close to a well made beer. Metallic and soapy are not descriptions you find for any beer style. Yuck.

The mouthfeel is light, but with an oiliness that is out of place. It's worse than that, as it causes the flavor to stay in your mouth longer.

Sad to say, this one was a drain pour. If I used soap on my beer glasses, I'd be convinced it was my fault for not rinsing one, and buy another of these beers. As I don't, added with what I know about this brewing project (I'm hesitant to call them a brewery at this point), I'm certain the fault is in the beer. Just bad. This appears to be one of those "hey, craft beers are getting big, let's put a lot of money into packaging and throw some beers out there as quickly as possible so we can get in on this!" projects. No proof of that, of course, but if this is a serious brewery, they have a lot of work to do to even find the golf course, let alone get up to par. Stay way away from this one, in spite of the cool looking can.

03-09-2014 01:41:07 | More by jokelahoma
DeFaz

1.86/5  rDev -37.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

If they didn't call it an IPA I would have never guessed. The beer pours a light orange color with a short head that recedes quickly, leaving spotty lacing. It smells of aluminum and cough medicine--definitely none of the pine or citrus flavors I'm used, and the smell suggests that nothing in this is fresh. The taste consists of chemical fruit adjuncts and a touch of bread. The mouthfeel is overly thin, with low carbonation, and a horrible aftertaste. Overall, this wins the award for the worst IPA I've had. It's really bad.

01-16-2014 03:46:09 | More by DeFaz

05-05-2014 23:42:27 | More by RummyRedbeard
IPA_OR_NOTHING

Nebraska

2.08/5  rDev -30%

I do not know what the brewers at Dieselpunk are thinking or not but this is a far cry from being called an IPA. The most I give it is better than average marks on color coming off with a nice golden-honey color. It poured nicely into my glass with a very good effervescent bubble action and that is about where the good ends. I quick inhale through the nasal passages and I stopped. Nothing. No hint of a hop scent. So I tried again and pulled in the aroma through mouth and nose as deep a pull as my lungs could manage, still nothing. Without tasting it I knew the flavor would not hold up as an IPA and I was not wrong. This beer comes off as a bitter pale ale. I just get the feeling the brewers tried to skimp on the hops, granted this is just a single IPA but still there is no citrus smell, no grapefruit taste, and the bitterness falls flat before it reaches the back of my mouth.

09-02-2013 22:28:07 | More by IPA_OR_NOTHING
Tertullian007

2.25/5  rDev -24.2%

05-07-2013 22:27:48 | More by Tertullian007
Xalkalinex

2.41/5  rDev -18.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Aroma: slight citrus, hoppy smell.

Taste: hoppy with a hint of grapefruit citrus. A bit like Sierra nevada's torpedo, but with less hops, but very bitter none the less.

Feel: okay carbonation, slight, very slight, oily feel

Look: it's all about taste in my book baby, but... I'll tell you anyway. Beautiful honey color with a fingers width head when poured, no noticeable lacing.

Overall, it's an okay beer... I am not a big fan of an overly hoppy beer, but this one is bearable. It's not as harsh as Sierra Nevada's torpedo, but I also feel and taste the lack of the hops used. Really would not call this an IPA, but it's no a beer I regret buying.

10-13-2013 01:10:02 | More by Xalkalinex
Beerpatrol

2.43/5  rDev -18.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.25

Appearance: It looks pretty good, it came out of a very cool looking can with what appears to be some sort of Rocketeer logo knockoff. The appearance was deep golden in the pour and looked light amber in the glass with a healthy head.

Smell: Nothing remarkable, smelled like a wanna-be citrusy IPA, but came off a bit less robust. A weak fart would garner more attention from red-blooded male than this beer could.

Taste: Astringent up front and barely a malty finish to follow. A few more forced sips and it just started to taste like sweet water. Whatever hops they used, they aren't enough to flavor the beer. The bitterness keeps hitting as astringent instead of flavorful.

Mouthfeel: The mouthfeel is somewhat pleasant, the head kind of froths at the back of the mouth. When I keep drinking this it's like a low tide at the beach hitting my throat.

Overall: This beer's first taste was just too harsh. All the excitement from a cool looking 16 oz. can and a pretty pour was decimated by this beer's flavor. The smell is virtually non-existent, which is sad for an I.P.A. It's a cheap Kroger brand beer and I got a 4 pack for less than 7 bucks. I'll finish the 4 pack and never buy it again.

06-06-2013 03:02:37 | More by Beerpatrol

Lee45102

08-02-2013 00:52:39 | More by Lee45102
GreenPea

2.86/5  rDev -3.7%

So so but nothing more. I don't think this brew is quite as bad as others but I won't buy it again.

On the pour... it has a hazy copper color but nothing that says this is beautiful.

The head.... this is a weak spot IMHO. It's flat and dissipates quickly. Lacing literally disappears immediately.

Smell.... It has been hopped but the nose is not obvious. I get honey and muted pineapple juice but that's reaching on the pineapple.

Taste... the finish has a cheap feel and comes off amateurish. I had no problem finishing this beer but it didn't make me feel like pouring another.

Overall.... well it's another beer that I've tried but I won't bother with it again. I was thirsty and this served it's purpose but that's where it end with this brew. I think it's tolerable but I wouldn't tip my hat to the cook.

03-23-2014 22:28:19 | More by GreenPea
JeffBo

2.96/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Appearance - nice golden color, about an SRM of 6..

Smell - little hop traces but not real noticeable..

Taste - slightly citrusy, initially tastes of a more generic beer, bitter towards the end.

Mouthfeel - seemingly wet up front and dry towards the end, little harsh in the middle

As far as a cost effective IPA, It's ok ($5.88 a 4 pack), I have certainly paid more than double/triple the amount for poorer beer. Not sure what it is about beer brewed in this area, but I don't have a taste for many of these. It disappoints me because I'm from upstate NY and wish there were better tasting beer from my home state. (maybe its the water?)

I did contribute by uploading a picture of the can against some hops I'm attempting the grow here in GA...hope it gets selected!

Not a bad beer, but likely won't buy this one again....I will try the others they make though to give the co a fair run. As one reviewer stated, maybe a good transition beer for someone who likes mainstream beer and wants to move to an IPA .... This is what it reminded me of.

07-14-2013 18:38:07 | More by JeffBo