DieselPunk IPA - World Brews

DieselPunk IPADieselPunk IPA

World Brews visit their website

(Beer added by: tdm168 on 04-23-2013)
1.5/5  rDev -50.2%

callmeoz, Dec 31, 2013
1.5/5  rDev -50.2%

IAmHollywood13, Apr 02, 2014
1.66/5  rDev -44.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Poured into a pinto shaker at home

Pours a clean, hazy copper. Huge, rocky, ice cream float type head.

Aroma is very faint. There's a hint of chalk in the nose, almost a baking soda type aroma. it's lightly metallic as well. Could it be... oh lordie, yes it is. Made by the same folks who make the hideous Tap Room 21 brews. This does not bode well.

The taste is a hint of hop, followed almost immediately by a dishwashing liquid flavor. Seriously heavy "Palmolive" thing going on here. I can't get past it, in fact. If there is anything else in the flavor of this beer, I can't find it, and believe me I'm looking pretty hard. I want to find something positive to write about. But sip after sip, it's soapy soap soap. I save "1" ratings for beers that have gone bad, usually. This isn't spoiled, it's just not anywhere close to a well made beer. Metallic and soapy are not descriptions you find for any beer style. Yuck.

The mouthfeel is light, but with an oiliness that is out of place. It's worse than that, as it causes the flavor to stay in your mouth longer.

Sad to say, this one was a drain pour. If I used soap on my beer glasses, I'd be convinced it was my fault for not rinsing one, and buy another of these beers. As I don't, added with what I know about this brewing project (I'm hesitant to call them a brewery at this point), I'm certain the fault is in the beer. Just bad. This appears to be one of those "hey, craft beers are getting big, let's put a lot of money into packaging and throw some beers out there as quickly as possible so we can get in on this!" projects. No proof of that, of course, but if this is a serious brewery, they have a lot of work to do to even find the golf course, let alone get up to par. Stay way away from this one, in spite of the cool looking can.

jokelahoma, Mar 09, 2014
1.86/5  rDev -38.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

If they didn't call it an IPA I would have never guessed. The beer pours a light orange color with a short head that recedes quickly, leaving spotty lacing. It smells of aluminum and cough medicine--definitely none of the pine or citrus flavors I'm used, and the smell suggests that nothing in this is fresh. The taste consists of chemical fruit adjuncts and a touch of bread. The mouthfeel is overly thin, with low carbonation, and a horrible aftertaste. Overall, this wins the award for the worst IPA I've had. It's really bad.

DeFaz, Jan 16, 2014

atlbravsrno1, Jul 24, 2014

Beefytits4, Dec 06, 2013

jaybags, May 17, 2014

RummyRedbeard, May 06, 2014

arini10, Sep 15, 2014
2.08/5  rDev -30.9%

I do not know what the brewers at Dieselpunk are thinking or not but this is a far cry from being called an IPA. The most I give it is better than average marks on color coming off with a nice golden-honey color. It poured nicely into my glass with a very good effervescent bubble action and that is about where the good ends. I quick inhale through the nasal passages and I stopped. Nothing. No hint of a hop scent. So I tried again and pulled in the aroma through mouth and nose as deep a pull as my lungs could manage, still nothing. Without tasting it I knew the flavor would not hold up as an IPA and I was not wrong. This beer comes off as a bitter pale ale. I just get the feeling the brewers tried to skimp on the hops, granted this is just a single IPA but still there is no citrus smell, no grapefruit taste, and the bitterness falls flat before it reaches the back of my mouth.

IPA_OR_NOTHING, Sep 02, 2013
2.25/5  rDev -25.2%

Tertullian007, May 07, 2013
2.41/5  rDev -19.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Aroma: slight citrus, hoppy smell.

Taste: hoppy with a hint of grapefruit citrus. A bit like Sierra nevada's torpedo, but with less hops, but very bitter none the less.

Feel: okay carbonation, slight, very slight, oily feel

Look: it's all about taste in my book baby, but... I'll tell you anyway. Beautiful honey color with a fingers width head when poured, no noticeable lacing.

Overall, it's an okay beer... I am not a big fan of an overly hoppy beer, but this one is bearable. It's not as harsh as Sierra Nevada's torpedo, but I also feel and taste the lack of the hops used. Really would not call this an IPA, but it's no a beer I regret buying.

Xalkalinex, Oct 13, 2013
2.43/5  rDev -19.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.25

Appearance: It looks pretty good, it came out of a very cool looking can with what appears to be some sort of Rocketeer logo knockoff. The appearance was deep golden in the pour and looked light amber in the glass with a healthy head.

Smell: Nothing remarkable, smelled like a wanna-be citrusy IPA, but came off a bit less robust. A weak fart would garner more attention from red-blooded male than this beer could.

Taste: Astringent up front and barely a malty finish to follow. A few more forced sips and it just started to taste like sweet water. Whatever hops they used, they aren't enough to flavor the beer. The bitterness keeps hitting as astringent instead of flavorful.

Mouthfeel: The mouthfeel is somewhat pleasant, the head kind of froths at the back of the mouth. When I keep drinking this it's like a low tide at the beach hitting my throat.

Overall: This beer's first taste was just too harsh. All the excitement from a cool looking 16 oz. can and a pretty pour was decimated by this beer's flavor. The smell is virtually non-existent, which is sad for an I.P.A. It's a cheap Kroger brand beer and I got a 4 pack for less than 7 bucks. I'll finish the 4 pack and never buy it again.

Beerpatrol, Jun 06, 2013

ajs4bd, Oct 04, 2013

Mcwill51, Feb 17, 2014
2.53/5  rDev -15.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A: This poured a clear dark gold with moderate white head.
S: It smelled like sweet caramel and sticky toffee, with a little honey biscuit.
T: It tasted like caramel and earthy biscuit malt, with a little sweet honey. It had a dirty sweet aftertaste.
M: It was watery with moderate carbonation. Decent body.
D: This was a terrible IPA. The scent and taste were more like a brown ale. The body wasn't great either, and the finish wasn't very clean. All around poor brew.

Pencible, Aug 09, 2014
2.6/5  rDev -13.6%

DocLeatherneck, Sep 13, 2014
2.65/5  rDev -12%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured nice into the pint glass. Doesn't have the mouth feel of an IPA. Has a bit of a metallic aftertaste, but I've had much worse. It'll get you drunk. Have it with something salty. The marketing is probably the main reason people try this one at all. Overall, it's underwhelming. As it was on sale, I'm not too broken up about buying it. Wouldn't bother with it again.

Krieger783, Jul 18, 2014