Tap Room No. 21 IPA - World Brews

Tap Room No. 21 IPA
No picture uploaded.

World Brews visit their website

(Beer added by: zeff80 on 05-15-2013)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Reviews by Dapperticus:
4.5/5  rDev +53.1%

Dapperticus, Dec 01, 2013

Shagator, Jan 02, 2014
3.43/5  rDev +16.7%

Pours with a copper body, bright off white head cream colored if had to establish more detail. Light patches of hit and miss lace stick to the sides of the glass. Aroma has a nice hop nose with cluster hops and hop pellet generic hop action but very clean with a bit of dankness, citrus, and earthy pine. Not horrible, smelling but the taste is straight up offensive with raw bitter hops more or less muddled hop pellet bitterness with just enough malts to keep you from gagging lacks balance pretty horrible. As it warms up a bit malts come through it's really not the worst IPA I've ever had but with so many excellent options out there why waste your time, carbonation is a bit much. Medium bodied slick slightly oily with enough to keep the palate wanting another sip at first I thought it was a drain pour ended up being just okay though.

WVbeergeek, Aug 23, 2013
2.25/5  rDev -23.5%

ONovoMexicano, Jul 30, 2014
2.86/5  rDev -2.7%

12 ounce bottle poured into a pint glass.

A - Very light amber with a decent enough head.

S - Very fruity with minimal malt aroma.

T - Fruity with a hint of malt, but somewhat watered down.

M - Somewhat thin although the carbonation is decent enough.

O - I won't be buying this again. I expect a certain intensity in both the smell and taste from an IPA and this one misses on both accounts. If it was marketed as a "Light IPA" I would be OK with it, but there are so many good choices in IPA's that there is no reason to settle for a pretender.

Retroman40, May 06, 2014
3.24/5  rDev +10.2%

A - orangish amber with a thick, soft cap of dense, off white head that has decent retention

S - caramel malt and some very faint citrus aromas

T - caramel malt, light citrusy character, mild pine in the finish, a somewhat bitter finish

M - medium bodied, crisp, a tad overcarbonated

This is pretty much what you would expect from a cheap, grocery store, contract brewed IPA. It's moderately hopped and easy to drink. This is one of those beers that you could easily knock back straight from the bottle without giving it much thought. This certainly won't please any true IPA fans, but it may intrigue those fans of APAs who are looking for something inexpensive.

tdm168, Jul 27, 2013

100200300, Sep 18, 2013
2.5/5  rDev -15%

BlueMoon10, Jun 20, 2014
2.19/5  rDev -25.5%

Tap Room No. 21 IPA doesn't really seem to me to have distinctive IPA qualities at all. The label says "American India Pale Ale" and I suspect its brewing leans heavily on the "American" side. The only thing that seems okay about it is the color: a nice amber (pictures wouldn't upload). There's minimal hop odor or definitive hop taste to it and, though it has a higher ABV, it just doesn't come across as very enjoyable to drink.

primitivepapa, Jul 12, 2014
2.83/5  rDev -3.7%

Okay single IPAs are definitely out of my taste range now that I have spoiled myself on double IPAs for the last two years or so. As such I do apologize if my ratings are skewed down a bit. A great honey color appearance with a nice head that feel off quite quickly. I did not get any strong aroma of the typical hop / citrus smell associated with IPAs, though it did come off very weakly though. I really like the consistency with this IPA from the the tip of my tongue to the back of my throat this is a smooth IPA with a balance flavor that changes ever so slightly as it moves along my palate. Adding just a few more pounds of hops would really kick this up to a very good IPA instead of just an average or so IPA.

IPA_OR_NOTHING, Sep 03, 2013

3.73/5  rDev +26.9%

taproom no 21 india pale ale
poured from the 12 oz bottle into my new belgium goblet

a:
honey colored, cloudy rather than clear, very slight head with minimalist lacing

s just a BIT of hoppiness along with ABV (really not much to the nose here)

t nice bite, without the aroma, hard to tell if the bite is ABV or hop

m nice and heavy, medium carbonation

d not a
"session" beer but really good

burnerfinger, May 06, 2014
1.79/5  rDev -39.1%

A little like Russian Roulette, sampling these Tap Room 21 brews. Let's see what I hit this time. Poured into a snifter.

Pours a clean copper, with a surprisingly large head that holds fairly well. Not a bad start at all., actually!

Aroma is... uh... aroma is... um... there is no aroma. Okay, that's slightly overstating it, but not by much. If I stick my nose really deeply into the glass, I get a faint, candy-like aroma, a bit like smelling an empty can of Mandarin oranges a couple days after you've eaten them. But that's really it. No hop, no malt, nothing but that oddly sweet citrus, and even that is so faint you have to convince yourself it's there.

And the flavor? Well, it's a bit more pronounced than that aroma, but emphasis is on "a bit". There's a small citrus like flavor, very little bitterness, and then, unfortunately, that astringent metallic flavor I got from the witbier this brewery makes comes crashing in. There's a sharp, chalky, soapy flavor which follows that, and then it all disappears, except for the lingering metallic flavor. There's nothing way off (if you don't count the fact it really shouldn't taste like metal or soap), but it's just blah. I not only can't say this is an IPA, I'm seriously hard pressed to say this is a beer. It isn't bad, per se, it just isn't anything at all. I'm not sure that's better, to be honest. There isn't even enough here to hate.

Mouthfeel is "Perrier" like. Thin, biting, a bit chalky. Not at all what it should be, either.

I try to be positive in my reviews. This... I just can't. This is badly made. Again, it isn't "bad" in the sense that there are a whole lot of off flavors or aromas. There just isn't anything at all here. It's slightly citrus flavored carbonated water with a really high mineral content. I cannot with a clear conscience recommend this to anyone. I got it as a gift, and I always appreciate gifted beer, but this is just poorly made. Avoid.

jokelahoma, Mar 08, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +27.6%

This is a good beer.
That being said, relative to other IPAs, this is a bit on the modest side (flavor is weak, not as hoppy as usual). This IPA is smoother than I'm used to, which is a bit surprising. The good thing is this: if you prefer IPAs and you're with a group of people who prefer ales, this may be a good meeting ground (IMHO).

tjonesishere, Aug 16, 2014
3.5/5  rDev +19%

swandtj, Sep 08, 2013
2.43/5  rDev -17.3%

My wife surprised me with a new beer after a long and difficult week at work. This weeks surprise was Tap Room IPA. I was very excited to try it, however, after my first sip out of a glass, very disappointed. This should not even classify as an IPA. I tasted almost no bitterness/hops that one would be expect from an IPA, the only thing I could make out was apricot or orange peel. The citrus flavor was overwhelming...it smells nice has great body, it's smooth, but just not what you would expect from an IPA.

Arw56, Sep 14, 2013