Tap Room Shebeen Shandy - World Brews

Tap Room Shebeen Shandy
No picture uploaded.

World Brews visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  ABV ?

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: DeFaz on 07-16-2013)
Reviews by DeFaz:
3.36/5  rDev +14.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I was surprised to find that this beer had not already been added to the site. It is listed as a "special member" of the Tap Room brewery. I found it at Kroger's in Fairborn, Ohio for $8.99/six pack. This summer it seems that everyone is going crazy about the summer shandy from our friends in Wisconsin. Well, I feel this is better. This has a fresh and natural citrus (mostly lemon with some coriander) flavor and just a touch of spice. It's not as highly carbonated as I expected (which is a good thing), and it's a bit thick for the style (another good thing), although it certainly goes down very nice. It could benefit from a bit more complexity, as the lemon flavor is very (too) dominant. Overall, this is an above average lawnmower/cookout/do anything outside beer that manages to be refreshing without being too thin or without unpleasant artificial flavors. And, in my opinion, the most refreshing thing about it is that it manages to be a welcome summer shandy without a watery mouthfeel.

2.78/5  rDev -5.1%

I received this beer for Father's Day as part of a variety pack my wife picked out for me.

I poured it into a Samuel Adams glass. The beer is very pale in color with minimal head. The smell is overwhelmingly lemon.

As far a taste, it's too much lemon even for a Shandy. It starts off sweet and finishes with a bitter twang.

It's not my preferred style of beer, but I could see it cooling you off on a hot day. If you are craving a Shandy that tastes more like a lemon drop than a beer, give it a whirl.

2.5/5  rDev -14.7%

2.75/5  rDev -6.1%

1.75/5  rDev -40.3%

2.65/5  rDev -9.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Giving this brewery one more shot. Disliked the wit, despised the IPA... this is a shandy, so it has to be better. How can you mess up a shandy?

Pours a nice, clean, bright yellow. No head to speak of.

Nose is all lemon. Not a natural lemon, but not like Pledge either. More like lemon drop candies. It isn't unappealing. It is one dimensional, but again, it's a shandy.

Tastes like lemon candy, too. An odd sugary sweetness starts out, then the lemon hits, and... that's it. Oddly seriously undercarbonated for what it is. Not completely flat or oily, but not as bubbly as one might expect. Surprisingly decent, at least to start. Nowhere near great, and I've had better, but I might finish the whole bottle. We'll see how it goes as I get further down the glass. UPDATE: Getting worse as I go. Taking on a floor cleaner flavor now. Still not "drain pour", but closer than it was.

Mouthfeel is non-existent. It's water. Again, it's a shandy, so I guess that's not all that bad a thing.

Overall, it's passable. It is getting a tad worse as I go, as the sweetness before the lemon hits is fading, and the lemon flavor is getting more like a household cleaner. It's very, very one dimensional. It tastes like cold, semi-carbonated lemon water. But let me say it one more time... it's a shandy. It isn't going to be a top flight brew unless the brewery really put work into it, and who is going to work on a shandy? I lied about making it through the bottle, but then again it's easily the best thing I've had from this brewery. Damning with faint praise, perhaps, but honest.

3.75/5  rDev +28%

3.25/5  rDev +10.9%

1.75/5  rDev -40.3%

3.5/5  rDev +19.5%

A: clear amber yellow with a small frothy white head
S: Citrusy hops, lemon, grapefruit, slight orange
T: Moderately sweet, but not overpowering. Sweet Citrus flavors last on the tongue. No alcohol detected, but at 4.2% that is not surprising
M: Medium carbonation, moderately intense lemon and hints of other citrus
Overall: Sweet lemon, lightly hopped, with modest carbonation, and a lingering citrus taste on the sides of my tongue. For the price, it is worth it

2.75/5  rDev -6.1%