Springboard - Swamp Head Brewery

No picture uploaded.

pDev: n/a
Swamp Head Brewery visit their website
Florida, United States

American Blonde Ale |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: One2Remeber on 10-05-2011)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.25/5  rDev n/a

4.25/5  rDev n/a

4.08/5  rDev n/a

A - Pale gold color with some haze and a fluffy white head that slowly fades and leaves good lacing. Very pretty beer, made my gf go oooo ahhh.

S - The smell is of bread, wheat, maybe a bit of hops and some yeast. A touch of pale malts I suppose but nothing sweet.

T - Maybe the best blonde ale I've ever had (but I haven't had many). Lots of bread flavor and wheat that is balanced by pale malts and has a finish that is ever so slightly bitter as if from hops, but you can't really taste the over the wheat.

M - Great mouthfeel with medium to high carbonation and a texture that is slightly chewy which I love in this type of beer.

O - A solid beer that I would order again, not my favorite style but they do a great job with it.

4.47/5  rDev n/a

Filled my quart growler with Springboard, a migrational release, blonde ale.

A: Thin, bubbly, well-carbonated white head fades after a couple minutes. Body is a golden maze color that is extremely transparent, crystal clear. Carbonation looks spot on. Appearance is inviting, looks like any easy one to take down.

S: Dominant bready notes off the bat, smells extremely fresh and potent; like a malt version of dry-hopping.

T: Just like the smell but even better. This is a wonderful malty beer. I have never experienced such a fresh bready malty taste, and I am so taken back because it is not over the top, very maintainable taste.

M: Feels like you took a bunch of spent grains and chewed on them for awhile; a fresh malt presence lingers making this light beer not so light in flavor, actually quite exhilarating for the pallet.

O: I love how Swamp Head blows my pallet away with quite simple beers. Stump knocker is a true pale ale with an explosive hop profile (not a pale ale trying to be an IPA). Midnight Oil is not the most flavorful, robust stout, yet it is the first one of the style I fell in love with, now I can appreciate the bigger malt profile stouts. Blackwater is one of my all time favorites, it opened the door for black ales in my opinion due to its balance between stout and IPA.

3.98/5  rDev n/a

Thin white head on a pale golden clear body. Aroma is mostly breads and light malts but overall mild. Flavor is wheat grain ad breads with pale malt and a slight almost noble hop bitterness. High carbonation and fuller almost creamy body than expected. A nice blond. Not the best in the genre but it gets points for being fuller bodied and flavorful for a sometimes lackluster genre.

Springboard from Swamp Head Brewery
- out of 100 based on 8 ratings.