Creeper Trail Amber Ale - Wolf Hills Brewing Company

American Amber / Red Ale |  4.80% ABV

Beer added by: on 11-09-2010

Reviews by rangerred:
4.08/5  rDev n/a

Arrived a clear copper with a one finer light tan head. Decent lacing.

Aroma is earthy hops with a bit of caramel malt.

The taste is loaded with toffee and caramel from the malt with an earthy hop flavor coming in later. There is a moderate hoppy bitterness. The hoppiness is greater than I expected and is almost more like an APA.

Overall I think the balance between malt and hops was very good and I would definitely have this beer again. (443 characters)

3.5/5  rDev n/a

4.01/5  rDev n/a

I had this on-tap at Jacks in Johnson City and at the brewery in Abingdon. I enjoyed the hoppiness of this Amber over most others. It was malty without having any off-flavors. Amber isn't my favorite style, but this is one of the best one's I've ever tasted. It goes well with basketball! (288 characters)

3.73/5  rDev n/a

Pours a deep amber color with a nice two finger light tan head from aggressive pour. Head falls slow and leaves lots of nice sheet lace down my pint. Nice looking amber ale.

Aroma is nice lots of sweet caramel malts with some nice citrus notes from the hops, maybe even hints of floral notes.

Taste is malty lots of caramel some toffee and bread notes. Finish is lingering malt with nice hop presence citrus, grassy with minty hints, that leave some lingering bitterness. Not sure where my grassy notes are pulling form as c style hops should be dominating this brew according to web site.

Mouthfeel is light side of medium with some lightly peppy carbonation.

Overall pretty good brew defiantly order if I saw it out at a restaurant but wouldn't replace my go to amber with it. (782 characters)

3/5  rDev n/a

4.55/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

I tried the Amber at the brewery. They have a nice comfortable tasting room. I will enjoy drinking the Amber this spring and summer. This beer paired well with an aged cheddar on toasted bread. I know it's on tap in Johnson City, Bristol, Kingsport, and Abingdon. Their website may have more information and pictures. (317 characters)

2.25/5  rDev n/a

4/5  rDev n/a

4.25/5  rDev n/a

Creeper Trail Amber Ale from Wolf Hills Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.