Autumn Ale - Breckenridge Brewery

Breckenridge Brewery visit their website
Colorado, United States

Old Ale |  6.70% ABV

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: Bitterbill on 10-08-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Autumn Ale Alström Bros
3.75/5  rDev +5%

Lotsomalt! A touch of whisky? Something warms the stomach. Hops are nonexistent, but that's ok. Good fall brew.

johnriley445, Today at 02:14 AM
3.24/5  rDev -9.2%

hoppy91, Tuesday at 05:10 AM

OsoRojo, Sunday at 03:52 PM
4.32/5  rDev +21%

Phishagonia, Saturday at 11:05 PM
3.5/5  rDev -2%

This is a nice fall seasonal, just what you'd expect. It's good for those cool nights watching football. A little sweeter than most fall beers, and not quite an Oktoberfest, but close.

dcscientist, Sep 25, 2014

username, Sep 22, 2014

Griffith, Sep 21, 2014

WDJersey, Sep 21, 2014
3.25/5  rDev -9%

Appearance: Dark brown. Basically no head and barely any lace.
Smell: Sweet malt, vanilla, cola
Taste: Sweet malt.

Well, this is pretty lackluster. It's a good beer, but rather boring. The label is the best thing about it. Also, the color is a really deep brown, which was intriguing. However, the taste was rather lacking; almost watery. Sweet malt was dominant. I wouldn't get this again.

TeamMathis, Sep 21, 2014

Hohnbaum, Sep 20, 2014

Wamba, Sep 20, 2014
4.44/5  rDev +24.4%

cmbeddoe7997, Sep 20, 2014

311bulldog, Sep 19, 2014

d_brommer_nh, Sep 17, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +5%

Darker than I thought. But enjoyable to drink near the start of fall. Needed a balance for our other tap and this works. A darker ale

Jypirate, Sep 17, 2014

Troville1990, Sep 16, 2014
2.88/5  rDev -19.3%

boogieman6, Sep 16, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +5%

I picked up a bottle of Breckenridge Brewery's Autumn Ale last week for $1.69 at The Lager Mill. I was looking for some new Fall seasonals to try and this one caught my eye and now that I've seen that BA classifies this is an Old Ale I'm pretty interested to see how this turns out, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date. Poured from a brown 12oz bottle into a imperial pint glass.

A- The label looks nice, it's got a clean and fairly simple looking label that's just slightly eye catching. It poured a brown/mahogany color that took on more of crimson hue when held to the light with two fingers worth of fluffy tan head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left a little bit of patchy lacing behind. This was a good looking beer, I have no complaints at all.

S- The aroma starts off with a medium amount of sweetness with the malts being the first to show up and they impart a nice caramel, light toasted, light coffee and caramel like aromas with the caramel sticking out the most. Up next comes a nice nutty aroma that is slightly hazelnut like. This beer had a good aroma, it was very malty and I liked the nutty aspect.

T- The taste seems to be very similar to the aroma and it starts off with just a slightly lower amount of medium sweetness with the malts still being the first to show up and they impart the same aspects that they did in the aroma with the caramel still being the aspect that sticks out the most. Up next comes that same nutty aspect that I got in the aroma and it seems to show up just as much. On the finish there's no bitterness with a malty, caramel and nutty aftertaste. This was a pretty nice tasting beer, it was just about the same as the aroma and the nutty flavors worked nicely with the other flavors.

M- Smooth, creamy, a little crisp, medium bodied with a medium amount of carbonation. This beer had a good mouthfeel that worked well with it.

Overall I thought this was a pretty nice beer and while I didn't think this was really that true to style for an Old Ale it seemed more in line with a Brown Ale or Altbier, but either way it lived up to being a fitting a beer for the season. This beer had nice drinkability, it was smooth, creamy, a little crisp, not too filling and the taste did a nice job at holding my attention. I could see myself drinking a couple of these and I think it would make for a nice beer to bring to a bonfire. What I like the most about this beer was the nutty aspect, it really worked well with the malty flavors and it showed up at just the right amount. What I liked the least about this beer was nothing, there isn't anything that I disliked or would change. I would buy this beer again and I would recommend it to anyone who likes an easy drinking beer that's malty and nutty. All in all I was happy with this beer , it being classified as an Old Ale on here is a little confusing, but once I looked past that I was left with a nice fall time beer. This is one of the better beers that I've had from this Brewery and It's one of the better Fall seasonal s that I've had this year. Good job guys, I enjoyed this beer, keep up the solid work.

StoutHunter, Sep 16, 2014
3.25/5  rDev -9%

deep golden color with great head a ok lacing. Smells malty. Taste is sweet malt with a hint of caramel. Carbonation and mouthfell is decent and this beer overall is rather light. A good drinker for the summer especially !!!

hophugger, Sep 15, 2014