Ghostface Killah - Ladyface Ale Companie

Ghostface Killah
No picture uploaded.

Ladyface Ale Companie visit their website

Beer added by: wethorseblanket on 11-10-2011

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 12 | Reviews: 5
2.75/5  rDev -9.2%

A: Pours a hazy dark straw, with no real head. There's foam, sure, but no HEAD, exactly like a soda. Foam disappears instantly as it is poured, leaving a flat, looking "malt beverage" as the label states. Is this even beer?

S: The nose is intense chile and carbonation. Actually, the smell is a bit like soda, too. I really have an issue with that, can you tell? But the chiles make up for it. It actually burns my nostrils a bit and gets my eyes a little watery. Aromas of cayenne of habanero, with a little smokiness to it.

T: The heat is prominent, but not overwhelming. Certainly the most aggressive chile beer I've yet tried. Flavors of cayenne pepper, louisiana hot sauce, and chipotle shine through. But there's very little beer flavor. No malt backbone, just a generic sweetness to carry things. No hops that I can detect. Taste is somewhat flat.

M: If I told you this was a soda, you would never know it was a beer. The carbonation is crisp and prickly, the water phase is flat and without any real body or presence from the grain. Drinks like a softdrink or a spritzy wine cooler.

O: it doesn't even claim to be a beer, but a "malt beverage" with chiles added. Not even sure I know what that means at this point. Note it says "with chiles added" not "BREWED with chiles". An interesting one time experience, but not one I'm likely to repeat.

2.5/5  rDev -17.5%

As a "heat" fan through and through, I'm not so impressed with this one. It tastes like carbonated, smoked jalapeño juice. Whereas with Stone's crime,for example, which is the hottest beer I'd had prior to this, there was a woody ale flavor beneath the heat, this is just smokey jalapeño. I get absolutely nothing in this that tastes of an IPA, let alone an ale. For the experience of drinking an intensely hot beverage I'd recommend it, as it's easily accessible in the dc area, but there are much, much better intense chili beers out there that actually have flavor aside from the intense heat.

1.75/5  rDev -42.2%

1.36/5  rDev -55.1%

My curiosity go the best of me so I tried this beer...
a: similar to a typical IPA, but cloudier
s: pungent aroma dominated by a heat that will burn your nose
t: it's overpowering...didn't taste like a beer to me...more like a collection of peppers mashed up
m: painful...my mouth burned!

This didn't taste like a beer to me. I admire the effort and creativity, but there's got to be a better way to make a spicy beverage that tastes more like beer.

2.5/5  rDev -17.5%

3.26/5  rDev +7.6%

My dad bought 2 of these for me as a joke and holy crap.

A: Look like a typical IPA orange but no head

S: Chiles really came out not like a vinegar hot sauce i mean like a pepper just being pulled from the plant earthy.

T: Wow all that needs to be said

M: it burned going do and that next day was horrirfic, my toilet and my maids took the brunt end of that punishment

O: I only drank one and used the other to make an amazing beef chili which is my only reason im rating it so high

3.25/5  rDev +7.3%

On tap @ Ladyface for their cask of the week.

This is Chesebro infused with Ghost Chiles.

A: Bright orangish amber, slightly lighter than the regular Chesebro. On the hand pump it offers a nice frothy white head. Some lace.

N: Citrus hops, but not much chiles here. Let's see how it tastes...

T: Where's the fire extinguisher? This is one spicy monster. An explosion of heat on the finish in the back of the throat which spreads to the roof of the mouth, then across the entire tongue. Burning lips, damm cold sore.

M: Good carbonation, medium body. SPICY.

O: Word of advice, don't start with this one. It is a palate wrecker. Just went on today and for one week only. Do yourself a favor and try this.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ghostface Killah from Ladyface Ale Companie