Chimay Tripel (White) - Bières de Chimay S.A.

Chimay Tripel (White)Chimay Tripel (White)

Bières de Chimay S.A. visit their website

Tripel |  8.00% ABV

Labeled Chimay Cinq Cents in 750ml bottle.

(Beer added by: Todd on 09-18-2001)
View: Beers (5) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Chimay Tripel (White) Alström Bros
ryanw111182

Oklahoma

01-27-2012 02:50:44 | More by ryanw111182
TheMrFarnham

Oklahoma

07-09-2013 20:24:31 | More by TheMrFarnham
rickyleepotts

Arizona

The beer smells clean… fresh… and wet. I have heard nothing but good things about this beer. Chimay is known for making good brews. Last week we did another Chimay. I hear this one is dry… and boy, I like dry beers. The beer has a pretty complex nose, so let’s see what this tastes like.

The beer has a ton of carbonation. You are smacked with carbonation on the front of the palate. Then you sit there and wait. You want something to happen; you want there to be some sort of flavor. And there isn’t. Nothing… No, I am serious. This beer is known for their intense flavors. But it lacks in every sense of the word. I feel really bad rating a beer this expensive so low, but I have to be honest… the only thing that this beer brings to the surface is a subtle sweetness.

I am glad that the red isn’t on the list. Hold on though. Let me go back to the sweetness I am experiencing here. Yeah, that’s it. The beer just lacks on so many levels. It’s better than a domestic… but that’s about as far as I would go. I just heard Sheryl say, “This is what a domestic beer tastes like in a foreign country.” I would have to agree. Even though I didn’t like it doesn’t mean you won’t! Just not for me.

06-14-2011 16:10:30 | More by rickyleepotts

05-18-2012 00:22:19 | More by levitation1288
Squaretooth

Nebraska

1.45/5  rDev -64.9%

11.2 oz short bottle. I popped this as my first beer of the day and poured it into an Orval goblet. Lots of carbonation. Pours with a thick even head that gently subsided leaving fine even lacing. So far so good. It has an opaque murky amber color with a very light unimpressive apple-citric smell. Much less fruity smelling than other triples I’ve had. I’m starting to worry.

Mouthfeel has a carbonated bite that stings the back of the throat on the way down. Taste is extremely carbonated and has a foul aftertaste. This one is losing me fast. The tripel itself has a very unusual and hard to describe taste. Not very pleasing at all and not what I’ve come to expect based on previous reviews. Going, going…. At $5.49 a bottle, definitely overpriced and I’m certainly glad I only purchased one. My first and last Chimay…gone. I am not going to slam this but this certainly ranks among the least favorite tripels I’ve had. Too bad as I was expecting much more. The Val-Dieu tripel I had yesterday was far superior in every aspect but the head. I think I’ll pop one to get the taste of this out of my mouth.

01-11-2008 22:58:42 | More by Squaretooth

04-02-2013 00:25:11 | More by bacasnax
bigpatvoodoodad

South Carolina

1.58/5  rDev -61.7%

I must have missed the boat with this one. Last night I tried the second one of the two I bought this past Saturday. It was syrupy thick and sickeningly sweet and after two sips I gave it to my buddy who'll drink anything. If this was the last beer on the planet, I'd stay sober with little problem. This beer was terrible. I will not subject myself to this again.

01-16-2008 15:19:41 | More by bigpatvoodoodad

06-09-2012 01:58:07 | More by JrPrado
VDODSON

North Dakota

2.03/5  rDev -50.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

This beer sucks. Taste's like a carbonated milkshake. Cant believe I spent five dollars on this poor excuse of a beer, while I could of got a bomber of Stone IPA for the same price. Those monks are drinking to much of their own product, and they're drunk during the entire process. I will try again once they sober up, and quit adding cinnamon and sugar to their beers.

02-19-2013 20:22:56 | More by VDODSON
PatandDavid

2.05/5  rDev -50.4%

I don't know how else to put this...but I was disapointed in this one.

This is my first Chimay...I love Belgian beers, but this was boring.

Maybe I got a bad bottle, but here goes:

I had the 11.20 ounce...not a bad pour, in fact I did it too fast and lost some beer! Very hazy dark goldenrod color, head dissipates, some lace in the glass. It smells...like tar. Tastewise: I find it very tasteless! I'm trying to describe what I'm tasting, but there's not much here to go on...very slight sweet aftertaste, but really nothing to describe. Trust me, I'm trying. Maybe extremely faint citrus flavor.

I will have to buy another bottle, but this is my review of this beer today.

04-08-2003 18:18:56 | More by PatandDavid
nrpellegrini

Maryland

2.23/5  rDev -46%

Maybe I just don't have the liking for a Tripel but this was awful to me.

I tried it with a couple friends and one had the perfect description, he said 'this tastes like leather'.. and yes in that weird way it did. Nothing sat right with me. It wasn't too strong or bitter or hoppy or malty or anything like that. It just made my mouth say.. why did you just drink that? It did get a little easier to drink and I went on, but I still did not care for it. Sorry to bring this beer down but everyone else should know what they are getting into.

08-21-2008 05:37:10 | More by nrpellegrini
retry4z

2.44/5  rDev -40.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Served cold, shortly after retrieving from the store freezer, in an elongated Belgian tulip glass. A 750ml bottle costs $13 - too pricey as comparable drinks go for under $12.

The cap popped loudly and autonomously after I removed the security seal, making me jump. Pours a foggy-copper with a high head of medium retention.

Smells like a cheap witbeer - Samuel Adams or Blue Moon: yeast with caramel hints.

I love Tripel's, but this tastes bland, some maltiness with bitter overtones that linger, with the 8% alcohol barely perceivable. Too bitter for my taste as I prefer sweeter and more complex Belgium Tripel's, like Maredsous 10.

High carbonation, medium consistency that's a little too light for my taste.

Overall, this is a bland-tasting, poorly balanced brew, not worthy of a Belgium beer aficionado. I'd choose this at a sports bar if there was nothing else available to get me buzzed.

04-01-2013 07:21:48 | More by retry4z
Dayman766

2.5/5  rDev -39.5%

03-26-2014 14:26:44 | More by Dayman766
LJWalker

Alabama

2.5/5  rDev -39.5%

02-01-2012 01:15:29 | More by LJWalker
Chimay Tripel (White) from Bières de Chimay S.A.