Chancellor Pale Ale - Battlefield Brewing Co At The Pub

1 Rating

pDev: 0%
Battlefield Brewing Co At The Pub visit their website
Virginia, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: on 11-17-2009)
1.33/5  rDev 0%

I wandered in to the newish brewery for the first time through a wall of cigarette smoke. I thought to myself "Isn't this illegal here?" Apparently not. So it goes. I read the board after peering through the tap handles unsuccessfully. A pale ale with Simcoe and Amarillo? Yes, please!
A pint arrives, glowing hazy orange with a wee ring of foam. It smells of a slight grassy hoppiness, some citrus but mostly of astringent infection. Not quite bandaid bad, but definitely infected. The taste is disgusting. I ask the bartender if she drinks the pale, to which she says no, but it's very popular. She takes a sip with a straw and say it's fine and that's the way it's supposed to taste. How do I tell her I know what hops are? Sigh. We find me a different beer instead and she whisks the glass away. Now I doubt that all of these are infected, but I've gotta review it based on this which they feel is an adequate enough interpretation to put on tap.

dragonWhale, Dec 23, 2010
Chancellor Pale Ale from Battlefield Brewing Co At The Pub
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.