Heavyweight Rye Double IPA - Bandwagon Brew Pub

Awaiting 10 Reviews

pDev: n/a
Bandwagon Brew Pub visit their website
New York, United States

American Double / Imperial IPA |  ABV ?

Beer added by: GrindFatherBob on 06-24-2011

1.21/5  rDev n/a

On tap at Bandwagon

A- a nice deep amber with light tan head and moderate retention, ended up creating an awesome evil phantom shape a the end of the glass with the lacing.

S- Uh-oh. I smell metal. Aside from that I feel like the rye was trying to work it's way through with a nice toffee malt struggling as well, couldn't detect any hops.

T- Well, I paid 6 bux for this, I'll see what I can taste aside from blood. The rye and toffee were there, and a bit of bitter hops maybe? Could have just been the metal.

O- For vampires only, or true metal heads. If I had to write the quick blurb for the beer list it'd be like; "Tastes like Rob Halford's studded codpiece after sweating through it for 20 years." Fix the metallic problem and this might be a solid beer.

Heavyweight Rye Double IPA from Bandwagon Brew Pub
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.