Pyramid Hefeweizen - Walnut Creek Alehouse (Pyramid)

Pyramid HefeweizenPyramid Hefeweizen

Walnut Creek Alehouse (Pyramid) visit their website

Hefeweizen |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-01-2005)

EowynEvermind, Apr 03, 2012
4.75/5  rDev +45.7%

WhiteDustin, Feb 20, 2013

Kyroqz, Nov 19, 2012

djlegge1, Jun 24, 2012

TaylorK, Jan 08, 2013

SoCaliC8, Jan 17, 2014
4.38/5  rDev +34.4%

A little surprised at the mediocre rating this one has received over-all. It's taste is very good and it's extremely drinkable especially on hot summer days when one is looking for a refreshing brew. It's for that time I rate the mouthfeel, since what is quality in that area for myself is seasonal to some degree.

KazikliBey, May 29, 2010
4.35/5  rDev +33.4%

I feel that this is a spectacular rendition of the True American Hefeweisen. It has a fantastic nose, great drinkability, and very consistent quality. This is surprising to me, as the creativity and quality of the rest of Pyramid's line-up is quite poor in my opinion.

Mikeinblack, Apr 05, 2010
4.3/5  rDev +31.9%

Nice hazy orange glow with a big white fluffy head. Tart lemon on the nose, a bit of musty basement some underlying clove, a touch of coriander and tropical fruit.

Slightly low in carbonation but heft body that thins out a little on the finish. Sweet tropical fruits up front flow into a flavor that connects with these fruit and gives a slightly marmalade flavor. Breadfruit and a bit of nuttiness on the back end of the tongue. Slightly spicy finish but cuts the other flavors with just a lingering soft tannin quality.

A really complex and well layered hefeweizen. Pretty unique and interesting. An american twist on this classic style.

jtierney89, Apr 17, 2012
4.3/5  rDev +31.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This was my first experience with Hefe Weizen--and boy was I impressed. This poured cloudy orange with a 2 inch head that hung around for about half the glass with some lacing. The smell was clean, crisp and a little spicy. The taste was a little spicy at first with moderate carbonation, but finished off clean. As soon as I put the glass down the first time I immediately wanted another taste. I almost couldn't believe my taste buds and I have thought about little else but when I can get some more since I finished. This was perfect for the 100F day, very refreshing and quenching. It will definitely become a staple through the summer while the rest of my sixers will rotate other new brews. To me, this one is a keeper.

smerkinb, Jul 23, 2008

rhinonau, Nov 08, 2013

saufer, Feb 26, 2014

Fronk11, Apr 25, 2013

jngrizzaffi, Jun 07, 2013
4.22/5  rDev +29.4%

A - This one is murky and carrot-juice orange after I added the bottom dwelling yeast. The head, although no midget, is smallish for a hefe. Big ol' sheets of lace fall gracefully back into the brew, leaving some wet and glistening lace behind. Head retention is really good too.

S - Yeasty bread, lemon tarts, and what reminds me of a lemon-chiffon Yankee candle...sorry, we've been going through our wedding gifts and I've smelled a lot of candles today. A hint of pepper and bubblegum are there, just enough to nail the style on the head.

T - Sweet, gummy, yeasty, and bready. This tastes very fresh and bakery born. Some almost Belgian pepper and spice is there, along with a really bubblegummy finish.

M - Medium bodied, fresh, slick, and sweet. The adequate carbonation keeps it from getting to slimy or heavy, and the finish is neutral with pepper and bubblegum flavors.

D - I'm really pretty impressed with this one. I prefer my hefes to lean to the bubblegum and yeasty dough side of the spectrum (as opposed to the lemony, twangy, and peppery side), and this one certainly does just that. A damn fine hefe indeed.

pmcadamis, Jun 09, 2008
4.2/5  rDev +28.8%

I find this to be one of the easiest beers available to pound back one after another.

A- Hazy translucent light-wheat color with a decent head.

S- Smells like sweet wheat

T- Tastes like sweet wheat, with hops coming out in the end for a grand finale

M- Unfiltered, yet light excellence

D- Gimme another please

EnojysAnyBeer, Aug 31, 2008
4.08/5  rDev +25.2%

A- A great cloudy hay/orange color poured with a nice head and good retention. Lacing was great throughout the tasting

S- Smelled like cloves and some hint of lemon. Very nice and inviting on the warm spring day I enjoyed it on.

T-tasted great, a lot better than I remember as I haven't had one in a while. sweet and balanced by the yeasty citrus and clove flavors as well as a tiny bit of hops.

M- a light to medium bodied and goes down easy. Pretty typical for a Hef.

D- this beer is a new summer favorite as I never remember it tasting this good, living in seattle now close to one of their breweries definitely lets me wonder how old some of Pyramid Hefs I have had from them in the past.

I am kind curious why so many people gave it such mediocre reviews, maybe it is much better on draft then bottle? or needs to be drank super fresh?

SeattleBeerBlog, Apr 08, 2009

Anino531, Jun 22, 2012

Braz, Nov 23, 2012

jrs3082, Jul 06, 2012

jbrady, Apr 18, 2012
Pyramid Hefeweizen from Walnut Creek Alehouse (Pyramid)