ParTea Pale Ale - Prism Brewing Company

ParTea Pale AleParTea Pale Ale

Prism Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

English Pale Ale |  5.50% ABV

Looking for a Pale Ale with something more? Look no further.

(Beer added by: Slatetank on 06-13-2010)
GeorgeCarroll

EFR94

12-14-2013 04:04:48 | More by EFR94
beerthulhu

3.31/5  rDev +4.1%

- English mild pale brewed with tea.

A: Dense, dirty orange with a butterscotch toned head is filled with a lively sense of carbonation. Some visible floaties are suspended about, good head retention with a saturn like ring of lacing around the vessel.

S: Aroma of soft dried orange peel with earthy tea really stands out. Light fresh citrus with some freshly squeezed lemon is buried beneath but detectable on the trail. For an english pale the hops are a bit above average, maybe more noticeably so if not for the strong black tea presence.

T: The tea is dominant from the start, earthy, tea grounds, silty, lighty bitter and astingent with a somewhat tannic finish. Citrus and semi-dry lemon, the hops are noticeable per style with some flashes of semi-dry pear perhaps from the yeast. Flashes of orange peel is also present throught the course of the drink.

M: Silty, tea like, light dry with a decent body depth.

O: Overall a decent deal of hoppiness that is perhaps overshadowed by the enormous amounts of tea added. Leaves a black tea like finish which would limit multiples. Honestly drank more like a tea at times then a pale much less a beer.

12-08-2013 15:03:59 | More by beerthulhu
Lord_of_the_Rinks

12-03-2013 21:45:52 | More by Lord_of_the_Rinks
mkh895

Arizona

09-21-2013 00:37:19 | More by mkh895
woodychandler

4.34/5  rDev +36.5%

Another single bottle score from The Friendly Greek, which is quickly becoming my go-to bottle shop, especially given their proximity to my work/school. Good on ya, mates! Thanks for being willing to put great beer in that end of town.

From the bottle: Someone else saved me the trouble of transcribing the information into the "Notes" for this beer, but I am going to do a cut-'n'-paste just to ensure that it does not get lost in the sands of time. "In making our signature pale ale we knew we wanted to do something different. We needed something that stood out, complimented the subtlety of our english pale ale, and said we will be a pale ale like no other – whole leaf tea was the perfect ingredient. We use whole leaf black tea to add a subtle tea flavor and aroma. A refreshing and dry mouth feel give this beer a smooth finish & a unique bitterness. An incredible amount of tea goes into this beer so much so our brewers have a tough time getting the whole leaf tea out when done (picture the tea party men tossing chests of tea overboard). We named it ParTea Pale Ale because the flavors seen to dance on your tongue and they party all night."

"Ale Brewed With Tea", eh? I hope that it is mellow as I have a pain in my neck from stress. Part of it is an S.I.W., courtesy of my mayoral campaign and part of it is the beginning of the school year, although I do not remember it taking hold this early in the past. I just want something mellow with which to ease into the evening. Man, what head from a moderately aggro pour! Two-plus fingers of dense, rocky, tawny head with excellent retention. It has been intermittently raining this evening and it has cut much of the oppressive humidity that dogged me on the walk home. The fact that the head has held up is testimony to its staying power. Loads of sticky lacing began to form as it fell. Nose reminded me of Orange Pekoe, very mellow and very tea-like. I may get my wish. Mouthfeel was medium-to-full, not so much creamy as bubbly and effervescent. The taste was Mandarin oranges, mint tea, Celestial Seasonings Peppermint and very mellow, man. The students would mark me as The Mad Hatter, but I'm not crazy, I swear! I just like to have a good time and shock people and make them laugh. Finish was still mellow, still tea-like and now I was feeling like a nap might be in order. It definitely did NOT make me feel like throwing chests of tea overboard or anywhere else. Like I said earlier, mellow, man.

08-28-2013 22:27:38 | More by woodychandler