Tilted Kilt - Third Base Sports Bar & Brewery

pDev: 0%
Third Base Sports Bar & Brewery visit their website
Iowa, United States

Irish Red Ale |  5.50% ABV

We know…it’s a bit late for the Irish Amber…..but better late than never right! Right? OK, for the description: This beer’s flavor and aroma are both toffee-like, with a hint of caramel. We also used Maris Otter for the base malt which gives it a slight biscuity flavor... Almost no hop flavor or aroma are present in the beer. Its smooth and creamy.

(Beer added by: Jason on 03-24-2005)
mynie

Indiana

3.93/5  rDev 0%

(From notes, and this is actually an Irish Red, not a Scottish Ale.)

The kid who was waiting on me looked like he was high. I asked for the Nut Brown Ale and he asked me if I had tried the Tilted Kilt. No, I hadn't, but I wasn't in the mood for a Red and I thought a nice Nut Brown would do me right. But he insisted I try the Red and even brought me a sample, but I, being an ass, insisted on the Nut Brown.

If he had just told me the Nut Brown was horrible I would have listened.

But I didn't, and after realizing that he was just trying to get me to get the better beer, I felt I owed it to him to buy a Tilted Kilt.

RED. It looks like blood dried on tissue paper. Wonderful.

Smells like sour hops, coffee malts, and earth. Nice and complex, and it was hoppy enough to stay away from the Dirty Sock character that the bad beers at this joint tend to lean towards. Too bad it was so light, though.

Sour hops in the front of the mouth, moving into more floral hops and a slightly nutty malt, ending with sweet malts and leaving a wonderful fruit aftertaste in your mouth.

Nice beer, easily one of the best you can get here.

04-07-2005 03:54:02 | More by mynie
Tilted Kilt from Third Base Sports Bar & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.