Sudwerk Hübsch 2006 Doppel Bock - Sudwerk Restaurant and Brewery

1 Rating

pDev: 0%
Sudwerk Restaurant and Brewery visit their website

Doppelbock |  8.00% ABV

Same Doppelbock recipe each year.

(Beer added by: BeerBeing on 12-17-2006)
Reviews by sessycuban:
4.58/5  rDev 0%

I had the pleasure of trying this beer at the Sudwerk 2007 Beerfest on June 2nd, 2007.

A: The beer pours a deep brown with a light tan head. It leaves a very small layer of head at the top with very minimal lacing.

S: This smell is very malty. This is to be expected of a good doppelbock. I got a lot of toasted notes, more so than with their regular winter release doppelbock.

T: Much like the aroma, I'm getting a large malt presence and again the toasted notes. The alcohol is well hidden. I'd put this particular brew on par with the finest Germany has to offer.

M: The beer has a fully body that coats the mouth. I'd say it has moderate to low carbonation.

D: Although I had this beer in the summer and it's really a winter beer, it was so good that I think one can drink it any time of the year and still enjoy it. It's very easy to drink and as I said above, this is a fine piece of work that really does justice to the style.

sessycuban, Jun 04, 2007
Sudwerk Hübsch 2006 Doppel Bock from Sudwerk Restaurant and Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.