Follow our progress ...

YOUR RATING = None |
Awaiting 10 Reviews

Main Street Brewery
California, United States | website

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by BeerManDan on 02-28-2003

Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 5
Reviews by RunDWP:
3.98/5  rDev +6.4%

Had this last night at the Main Street Brewery, and it was deee-licious. A thin head of foam floated above the light brown liquid, and plenty of foamy lacing stuck to the glass as I drank. Slight grassy and floral aroma. The taste was unique to the style, rather sweet for a pale ale, and the malt had a short bread like character. Hops was grassy, somewhat savory herbal, and maybe a touch floral. I think they hit the right malt-hop balance with this one. Very smooth and enjoyable to drink.

3.85/5  rDev +2.9%

I had this on tap at Main Street Brewery in Pleasanton.

Appearance- copper color, thin head

Smell- floral hops, very nice

Taste- floral hops, malt

Mouthfeel- medium bodied

Drinkability- I thought it was really good. I will have it again next time I'm there.

3.25/5  rDev -13.1%

3.58/5  rDev -4.3%

Looks nice. Decent body, but it seems too fruity to me. I'd hope for less fruit and more hop influence. There is a bit of a bite from the hops that show on a spicy level, but it'd be nice if there were more (or a lot more). A nice ale, but the malts are too high and the hops do not balance out well enough, in my opinion.

4.05/5  rDev +8.3%

It poured a very nice golden yellow with medium foam and a lots of heavy lace clinging on the glass from top to bottom. Fresh hoppy smell and taste, with a medium of bitterness in the mouth and after taste. Very refreshing and the smell and taste were very fresh.

Pleasanton Pale Ale from Main Street Brewery
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.