La Fin Du Monde - Unibroue

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-23-1998

to view more.
Ratings: 9,037 | Reviews: 2,825
4.46/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Pours a hazy and bubbly orange/gold with a very bubbly, white head that leaves lacing all down the glass.
The aroma is loaded with banana and coriander with a hint of citrus and yeasty funk. A slight alcohol sting in the nose as well.
Phenomenal taste. Banana and orange peel and coriander spice with an almost-puckering dryness and a bit of Belgian funk. A little boozing and a finishing bitter kick.
Mouthfeel is medium and smooth with appropriate carbonation.
Just a great beer.

4.2/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Great all around beer, a little cloudy.

4.48/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

- golden hue with nice thick micro bubble foam head
- smell is slight malt sweetness but mostly mellow yeast
- citrus with mellow yeast notes, leaves the mouth salivating for more with its nice slight sweetness
-smooth as can be light carbonation pop but not much at all
- overall one of the best tripel there is!

4.6/5  rDev +6.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Delicious, smooth and no lingering after taste.

My first EVER true craft beer, tried at a pub in Dallas TX a few years back. Poured from bottle, beautiful golden appearance with nice bright white foamy thick head, and almost perfect taste. Subtle high abv, great taste of malts and yeast, very subtle sweet citrus flavor, beatiful lacing down the glass. Very, very nice. Great beer for "the end of the world" ;)

4.88/5  rDev +13%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Exceptional. Best tripel I have ever tasted.

3.21/5  rDev -25.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Interesting but maybe not for me.

4.45/5  rDev +3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

4/4/15 (Bottle) - Golden pour with generous white head, mild carbonation. Yeast and bread aromas, with a hint of citrus. Excellent taste of malts, yeast, somewhat sweet and balanced. Excellent feel, smooth, nice kick to it, and with the large bottle you are set for the afternoon.Overall excellent beer!

4.23/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

An excellent beer for the type. One of my buddies favorites so
I drink it an awful lot, though admittedly not my preferred style. Fortunately, it seems to get better the more you drink it. Well done Canada!

1 of my favorite beers of all time

2.75/5  rDev -36.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Man, just not my thing. I heard great things about the beer, but I just don't like the taste. I've got friends that love it and drink it all the time. Not me.

3.52/5  rDev -18.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I will confess that I like -- but do not love -- Tripels, but enjoyed this offering from Canada. Very yeasty, and quite smooth for a high-octane brew.

4.35/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

A fantastic Belgian pale. The active effervescence adds to a great feel. At 9% I'm wondering if there's booze in there. Hidden beautifully. Yeasty banana bread and clove.

4.69/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

On point in every way, full disclosure I haven't been to Belgium but this is as solid an expression of the style I've experienced. Those Canucks have nailed it.

First sip with Guillermo and Bob at deli in DTLA during Artwalk summer 2011. Buy at Trader Joes $7.50 for bomber or Total Wine $9.99 four small bottles.

4.72/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

12 oz bottle into a tulip glass.

a: Foamy eggshell colored head. Slightly hazy golden pale body. Nothing obvious in looks but it has a shimmer that suggests promise.

s: Smells like a French Christmas cookie. Sweet citrus, like a Cara Cara, cloves, slight toasted flour and finishing with a hint of a Honey Ricola but fresh, like when your saliva firsts hits it and all those sapient molecules open up into a bouquet.

t: Again...like a pain d'epice cookie...dry graininess like rye, peppery spiciness like clove and nutmeg, slight alcohol feels like mild fresh ginger...sweet citrus. Moves into a slight bitterness from the hops...dry finish but not lingering. No real aftertaste. Leaves you ready for the next sip.

mf: Smooth and sexy. The right amount of carbonation and a little bit of sappy stickiness.

o: This tastes like a hot toddy cooked down and chilled. A beautiful beer for the winter or Christmas holiday but not so obvious it can't be had all year.

4.62/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Serving Type: 750 mL Corked Bottle

A- Beautiful light Golden Apricot colour with a 1 1/2 finger soapy white head that literally doesn't move an inch. Incredible retention and a glass fully covered with silky lacing.

S- Bready and yeasty with light hints of slight sweet citrus.

T- Biscuit, yeasty flavours, and light touches of citrus and cloves. Beautiful and perfectly balanced. Nothing really sticks out as dominate, it just all flows together.

M- Silky smooth with a foamy, bubbly body, although there isn't much carbonation to be found. Easily drinkable but a hard hitting body that lays quite heavy in the stomach. Wouldn't be able to have much more than a 750 mL bottle, although I'm not sure why you would want to have more!

O- Thanks to you guys/gals here on Beer Advocate, I decided to go for a beer that I passed by without taking a second look every time I was at the Liquor store. I'm thankful that I finally picked it up! Top notch, word class beer that is easily the best example of the style that I've had.

4.53/5  rDev +4.9%

I love this beer. The bar that I frequent for six packs usually carries La Fin Du Monde and 9/10 times I pick up a six pack, I get one of these. If you've never had one, do yourself a favor and try one. It's got a smooth taste with hints of citrus and a tiny bit of clove. It's light and drinkable but I find it to be heavy on the stomach.

This is by far my favorite beer in the whole wide world. The sweet hints of citrus and clove make this beer so tastyall year around.

4.22/5  rDev -2.3%

I ended up just smelling this beer over and over once it hit its stride and opened up. Amazing. Just swirled it around and stuck my nose in deep into my snifter and teased my lips several times without taking a sip. Yeah this beer brought out the giddy junior high foreplay in me I thought was long gone. True Quebecois flirtatious romance.

4.92/5  rDev +13.9%

Bottle of la fin du monde drank.

4.29/5  rDev -0.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

12 oz. bottle poured into a snifter (BB 02-05-17 B05140903QFL)

A: Nice golden straw hue with a nice frothy head that leaves nice swaths of lacing.
S: Yeasty, earthen, and biscuit-y.
T: Not very sweet, just nice balanced flavors much like the nose. Earthy, yeasty, some nice esters and a cracker finish.
M: Smooth and foamy.
O: Deliciously strong and flavorful. A damn good tripel, that has smoothed down a bit with age.

4.49/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

This might be my favorite North American brew in a Belgian style. I love Belgian beer and most attempts fall flat to me. This was outstanding.

4.64/5  rDev +7.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Good enough to make me want to be Canadian!

4.46/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Poured into snifter, with a thick head. The color is a gold with a slight red to it. Smells like wheat and apple on the nose. Taste is smooth with some bitterness towards the end. This is an amazing beer.

to view more.