La Fin Du Monde - Unibroue

La Fin Du MondeLa Fin Du Monde

Unibroue visit their website
Quebec, Canada

Tripel |  9.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-23-1998)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of La Fin Du Monde Alström Bros
1.4/5  rDev -67.6%

Poured into a snifter, heightening the perfume-like spice aromas, which I am not a fan of. It pours a nice cap of head with a beautiful golden glow and such wonderful texture. Unfortunately, this was the only part i found appealing about this beer. The taste is way over spiced and borders on the artificial for me. It is this observers opinion that this beer, along with the rest of the Unibroue line, are cheap imitations of noble beer styles, all with an artificial tasting backbone. I really don't understand all the acclaim this beer continues to receive, but there must be something wrong with me, as just about everyone from the uninitiated to the most seasoned beer enthusiasts seem to give it such high praise. Incredibly disappointing, each and every time i've revisited it.

1.68/5  rDev -61.1%

I dispense with my ordinary long disclaimer, discussion of methodology, preamble, and anecdote.

This beer is undrinkable. It tastes like a tarted-up wheat beer or Blue Moon. I hate wheat beer. I can't judge this according to style - sorry. I had one sip and almost spit it up. I had high expectations for this beer, and was severely disappointed. I'd rather have ten Bud Lights topped off with a Pabst than a single shot of this crap all eight days of the seven-day week.

Avoid like the plague.

To style (16E: spicing is allowed): 50/100
To taste: 6/100 (yes, you read that right, SIX)

1.8/5  rDev -58.3%

Poured into tulip glass.

First off let me tell you I am not fond of Belgian Tripels but I keep trying different ones to see if my taste changes.

Poured a decent pale orange with a 2 finger head and lots of bubbles.

It smelled like a fruit bowl thats been sitting around for a little too long. Eh my stomach said dont do it.

I took the first sip and there it was. The taste I despise so much. It was the rotten over fermented fruit I find in all these beers. So so so unpleasant.

Along with the taste it was super thin and over carbonated and just terrible.

I gave drinkability a 2 but only because I thought if Im drunk enough I could probably gag a few down for the high ABV but I dont get drunk to much and will probably never do this.

1.8/5  rDev -58.3%

1.84/5  rDev -57.4%

Pours out looking like a bubble bath of apple juice. Looks like a hefeweizen/champagne. Bubbles aplenty.

Aroma is a fruity sensation: apples, pears, banana creme, marshmallows, champagne.

Tastes like an unripe apple as a wine. Mouthfeel is sparkling for a split second, then dry, sweet, sharp, bitter, and yeasty. I taste apple and pear in this one. Aftertaste is dry soap and yeast.

As a hefe I probably wouldve enjoyed this one ten fold - since I'm interested in the flavors presented. It's just too dry for my taste. I see this doesnt go underappreciated, though.

I'll have to find someone to give the rest of this 4-pack to.

La Fin Du Monde from Unibroue