La Fin Du Monde - Unibroue

Unibroue visit their website
Quebec, Canada

Tripel |  9.00% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-23-1998

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of La Fin Du Monde Alström Bros

1.69/5  rDev -60.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 1.75

I hate being the odd man out and having the unpopular opinion, but consistently throughout my entire craft beer drinking lifetime, this brew has always tasted metallic to me.

1.73/5  rDev -59.9%

I dispense with my ordinary long disclaimer, discussion of methodology, preamble, and anecdote.

This beer is undrinkable. It tastes like a tarted-up wheat beer or Blue Moon. I hate wheat beer. I can't judge this according to style - sorry. I had one sip and almost spit it up. I had high expectations for this beer, and was severely disappointed. I'd rather have ten Bud Lights topped off with a Pabst than a single shot of this crap all eight days of the seven-day week.

Avoid like the plague.

To style (16E: spicing is allowed): 50/100
To taste: 6/100 (yes, you read that right, SIX)

1.8/5  rDev -58.2%

1.84/5  rDev -57.3%

1.84/5  rDev -57.3%

Poured into tulip glass.

First off let me tell you I am not fond of Belgian Tripels but I keep trying different ones to see if my taste changes.

Poured a decent pale orange with a 2 finger head and lots of bubbles.

It smelled like a fruit bowl thats been sitting around for a little too long. Eh my stomach said dont do it.

I took the first sip and there it was. The taste I despise so much. It was the rotten over fermented fruit I find in all these beers. So so so unpleasant.

Along with the taste it was super thin and over carbonated and just terrible.

I gave drinkability a 2 but only because I thought if Im drunk enough I could probably gag a few down for the high ABV but I dont get drunk to much and will probably never do this.

Had this beer a few times and I don't see why it's such a great beer. I've had my fair share of great beers, but La Fin Du Monde for me is an overrated beer, one that overshadows many other great Canadian beers such as Creemore Springs, which I think is a far superior tasting beer than this. Personally, I think this beer doesn't rival Unibrue's Blanche De Chambly. The taste is very fruity and it has a high alcohol content. This is one of my least favorite beers, and I don't recommend it.

La Fin Du Monde from Unibroue