La Fin Du Monde - Unibroue

Unibroue visit their website
Quebec, Canada

Tripel |  9.00% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-23-1998

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of La Fin Du Monde Alström Bros
1.8/5  rDev -58.2%

1.84/5  rDev -57.3%

1.84/5  rDev -57.3%

Poured into tulip glass.

First off let me tell you I am not fond of Belgian Tripels but I keep trying different ones to see if my taste changes.

Poured a decent pale orange with a 2 finger head and lots of bubbles.

It smelled like a fruit bowl thats been sitting around for a little too long. Eh my stomach said dont do it.

I took the first sip and there it was. The taste I despise so much. It was the rotten over fermented fruit I find in all these beers. So so so unpleasant.

Along with the taste it was super thin and over carbonated and just terrible.

I gave drinkability a 2 but only because I thought if Im drunk enough I could probably gag a few down for the high ABV but I dont get drunk to much and will probably never do this.

Had this beer a few times and I don't see why it's such a great beer. I've had my fair share of great beers, but La Fin Du Monde for me is an overrated beer, one that overshadows many other great Canadian beers such as Creemore Springs, which I think is a far superior tasting beer than this. Personally, I think this beer doesn't rival Unibrue's Blanche De Chambly. The taste is very fruity and it has a high alcohol content. This is one of my least favorite beers, and I don't recommend it.

Sorry, maybe I got a bad bottle. If nothing else the clove aroma and taste is something that is totally a turn off to me. I did try to finish the bottle by holding my nose, still had a strong after taste of clove. I must be the only one out of 25k reviews that couldn't drink it. I can't handle "Any" clove no matter what it's used in.

Good for all that like this beer! Was not in my realm of drinkability .

I still have a bomber left.

2.03/5  rDev -52.9%

Pours out looking like a bubble bath of apple juice. Looks like a hefeweizen/champagne. Bubbles aplenty.

Aroma is a fruity sensation: apples, pears, banana creme, marshmallows, champagne.

Tastes like an unripe apple as a wine. Mouthfeel is sparkling for a split second, then dry, sweet, sharp, bitter, and yeasty. I taste apple and pear in this one. Aftertaste is dry soap and yeast.

As a hefe I probably wouldve enjoyed this one ten fold - since I'm interested in the flavors presented. It's just too dry for my taste. I see this doesnt go underappreciated, though.

I'll have to find someone to give the rest of this 4-pack to.

La Fin Du Monde from Unibroue