La Fin Du Monde - Unibroue

Unibroue visit their website
Quebec, Canada

Tripel |  9.00% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-23-1998

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of La Fin Du Monde Alström Bros

4.13/5  rDev -4.2%

Pours a hazy straw colour with a frothy white head. Good retention.

The nose is fruity and light with a citrusy lemon peel back to it. There are spices typical of a tripel as well.

The tongue follows the nose, with a buttery undertone to it that belies it's high alcohol level.

Quite drinkable, especially for a 9%, and quite enjoyable. Tripels are not my favourite style, but this one is done exceptionally well. Definitely worth picking up.

4.38/5  rDev +1.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This will be my first review here, so I hope I don't screw it up.
I have seen this beer on the shelf at my local grocery store for sometime now. Judging by the strange name and label, I dismissed it in the past. It had a price of $7.50 for the 750ml bottle. I was in the mood for something different with a high ABV(had a bad day). I held it up to the light and to my surprise I saw a nice cloudy haze with a decent amount of sediment on the bottom. Poured it into my trusty DFH pint glass. The color was a bright orange-yellow with a one finger head. It aroma was glorious, with citrus, clove, and the obvious high ABV. The first sip was a revelation. I am a BIG hefeweisen fan, and this tripple was a close cousin. The high ABV was overshadowed by the fruit and yeast notes. This might be my new favorite brew, and that is saying alot. It turned my bad day around 180 degrees. Prost!

4.5/5  rDev +4.4%

A: Pours a cloudy glowing yellow color. Nice foamy 1 finger tan head with decent retention.

S: Strong aromas of Unibroue yeast, lemon curd, pale malt and spices.

T: The pale malt and sweet yeast make up most of the flavor with some apple peel, chalky yeast and some faint earthy hops. Really nicely done.

La Fin Du Monde from Unibroue