La Fin Du Monde - Unibroue

Quebec, Canada

Tripel |  9.00% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-23-1998

Ratings: 9,169 | Reviews: 2,860

Probably the best trippel I've ever had.

My first EVER true craft beer, tried at a pub in Dallas TX a few years back. Poured from bottle, beautiful golden appearance with nice bright white foamy thick head, and almost perfect taste. Subtle high abv, great taste of malts and yeast, very subtle sweet citrus flavor, beatiful lacing down the glass. Very, very nice. Great beer for "the end of the world" ;)

First sip with Guillermo and Bob at deli in DTLA during Artwalk summer 2011. Buy at Trader Joes $7.50 for bomber or Total Wine $9.99 four small bottles.

Was a great beer overall. Was very smooth an had a nice fruity taste. The alcohol was well hidden. Can't wait to have this one again!

1 of my favorite beers of all time

Really is a thing of beauty. After the first sip i knew this deserved the praise it receives. Unbelievable taste for such a well balanced, good tasting experience. Very fruity and delicious. Hard to believe its nine percent and really hits you all the sudden haha. I understand they sold out to bigger company but high quality is still present.

This is by far my favorite beer in the whole wide world. The sweet hints of citrus and clove make this beer so tastyall year around.

Got this quite a few times. Perfect tripel. Strong alc level, yet taste completely hidden. Fruity in taste, and gorgeous in color.

This is a PERFECT beer!!!!

Outstanding!

This brewery crafts some of the best beers on the planet...however, I can't help thinking, ever time I purchase, drink some, or discuss it, of my third Grade teacher Mrs. Dragon ( no kidding ) who left her eyebrow(s ?) to grow as wild and unfettered as the most enormous English hedgerows. Unibroue change your name and not to Bacc Herre Brauerei.

Amazing flavors that change depending on the temp. Smooth drinking. Best Canadian beer I've had to date.

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass.
Aroma- Has a nice yeast aroma that is well balanced and not off-putting.
Appearance- Pours a golden yellow with a thick white head.
Taste- Fantastic flavor of yeast and malt, the ABV is well masked.
Palate- A medium bodied mildly carbonated beer.
Overall- A world class beer, this should be on everyone's must try list.

Nothing like it, have to give it max rating.

Another 25OZ.bottle and another perfect score. There is no beer on this great earth that can compare to this in my unhumble opinion. Maybe i am short sighted but it is how I feel about this liquid perfection. I know people will jump on my behind for saying this-the greatest beer in the world. This is the third time I have reviewed it.

This is my first review but what can I say I am in love with this beer. The color is a nice cloudy golden hue. With a nice bubbly 2 finger head. The smell is fruity with spice notes mainly clove or coriander. The taste is amazing. It has a very nice fruity taste with a slight bitterness and hints of clove which for me the clove seemed to lesson after a few sips. It has just the right amount of carbonation and has a bubbly pleasant mouth feel. What else can I say this is a world class beer. I would drink again in a heartbeat. This has become one of my favorite beers.

Absolutely one of my favorite beers!! honestly can go good with anything, but you are better off enjoying this beer by itself. it has so much too offer, such great combination between the yeast and malt's making this an outstanding brew. you can put this on my list of top beers.

Still to this day my absolute favorite beer.In the past week I have had a St Bern. Abt 12 and a Founders Breakfast Stoudt. Two fantastic brews but this is my No.1. I would drink this more often but I have a job.It is absolutely addicting.Easy to get and even easier to drink
It is an extremely dangerous beer at 9% abv .This is the second time I have reviewed it and it just does not have any peers amoungst the tripel style. Best thing about it , crack open a bottle around wine drinkers,some actually think it is champagne and anyone who has had it has either liked it or loved it and changed their mind about beer. The smell the taste and especially the mouthful -unbelievable

Poured into my Unibroue glass.

This brew pours an inviting hazy dark golden hue with visible flakes of yeast floating around. Produces a large creamy white head which sticks around til the end. The lacing left some peculiar designs in my glass. Beautiful!

Smells of mixed yeasts and some sweet malts in the background. The smell makes you rather thirsty...

WOW this tastes fantastic. A symphony of cloves, bananas, earthy grain, a hint of spice, and sweet creamy malts and the slightest hoppiness on the aftertaste. Reminds me a lot of a hefeweizen. For a 9% beer, the alcohol is hidden impressively. Extremely refreshing.

Carbonation is perfect. The alcohol is completely hidden yet it still warms your mouth. It's soft, thick, creamy, everything a beer should be.

Brilliant. I am definitely coming back for more of this.

Personally my favorite beer. Hence the straight 5.0 rating. It looks right, smells rights and tastes right. It has a wonderfully complex flavor that no other beer I have ever tried has lived up to. They all seem to simple in comparison.

I always have a stash of 750ml bottles around for consumption.

Poured into a chalice. Pours very hazy golden with a finger length white head that dissipates slowly. A nice cap of lacing is left on top and there is some lacing left on the side of the glass. The aroma is of fruit and yeast. It reminds me of a Hefeweizen, only the smell is a little more potent. The flavors of fruit and malt really come through in this brew, but it is not too sweet. The alcohol does come through only slightly in the flavor. There is a pleasing balance to this beer from the spice and the flavors from the malt and the yeast. The flavors of fruit really come through in this brew, but it is not too sweet. The alcohol does come through only slightly in the flavor. There is a pleasing balance to this beer from the spice and the flavors from the malt and the yeast. It is very easy to gulp, but you want to sip this and savor it. This is easily one of the best tripels if not one of the best beers I've ever tried.

A: Light cloudy dark yellow or very light orange in color, with a nice gentle foamy head that very slowly dissipates, leaving behind perfectly beautiful lacing.

S: Spicy yeast, a bit of fruit - sourdough. Banana bread. Complex nose here.

T: Sweet and spicy, with a hint of whipped lemon meringue. Yeast, sourdough bread. Loads of complexity here - every sip is different and grows on the last one.

M: It looks light, but still waters run deep. It has a distinctive whipped quality that makes it feel almost like you're drinking cream or meringue. It's frothy and smooth with just a slight alcohol bite - but really the 9% ABV is hidden so expertly here that you hardly notice it at all.

O: What can I say, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this beer, at all. It is incredible. True to its ominous name, if the end of the world were truly upon us, this is the beer I'd want to be drinking when it all went down.

A: It pours an opaque light yellow-brown with a creamy two finger head that hangs around for a while before subsiding.

S: It smells of fruits and malts; there is no scent of the 9% abv.

T: This starts as malty, and then gets fruitier but the malts are still present throughout; there is a quite bitter aftertaste. It is also sweet, but it is not overdone to the point of sugarcane. Alcohol is present in the taste, but it is not overpowering everything like so many other high abv beers.

M: This has a lot of carbonation causing it to have a light body. It kind of feels like a pilsner, but it’s an ale, so it’s quite unique in that sense.

O: This is a fantastic beer, the only one so far that has truly lived up to its hype. It has a high abv, but you don’t really notice it until you stand up after drinking 750 mL of it.

One of my favorite brews. First time I had it, there was a match lit inside my cheeks and the parade had begun.

You will love the look, taste and feel of this beer! I gave it to friend of mine and I thought he was going to leave his wife!
With an almost zen-like golden amber color, this crisp and strong beer goes great with pizza, steak, a concert, a wedding anniversary or your favorite team opening up a can of whoop-ass on a rival.

Tastes great on a warm day and represents the best of North America. Uhhh, can you tell I dig this brew?
Thank you, Canada!