La Fin Du Monde - Unibroue

La Fin Du MondeLa Fin Du Monde

Unibroue visit their website
Quebec, Canada

Tripel |  9.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-23-1998)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of La Fin Du Monde Alström Bros

Cam1991, Sep 19, 2012

Big_V, Mar 23, 2014

SDRedDevil, Sep 03, 2014

KVota, Dec 28, 2012
3.48/5  rDev -19.4%

750ml corked and caged bottle poured into a pint glass. Reviewed from notes.

Pours a fairly light clear and a bit hazy golden wheat color with a huge light bright white head. Nose is all Québécois yeast - very Belgian inspired and distinctive.

Taste is super dry, a bit hoppy and slighty tart. It's got a really sulfury taste as well which is odd. Mouthfeel is huge and rich, very creamy.

kingcrowing, Oct 05, 2010

KMitch, Aug 27, 2014
3.48/5  rDev -19.4%

--came in an average brown bottle with a white foil wrap over the top.
--A copper/dirt straw like in color with a great cloudiness. Nice thick, full head that lasted quite a while. After thinning left great traces of lacing.
--A slightly sweet smell almost fruitly but not quite.

Given the strength of this beer I was quite surprised by the taste and drinkability of it. Although it is strong this aint your brown bag beer...this one is great for sipping anytime. Would drink again. Thx.

canadianbarman, May 07, 2006
3.48/5  rDev -19.4%

Poured from a 750-milliliter bottle into a chalice. Has a nice brozenish/yellow colour to it. Has a very nice nose. Hints of cloves/spice and a hint of fruitiness. Fairly smooth, crisp taste but has a slight bitternes to it. Over all great beer, wonderfull winter warmer.(especially on a cold snowy evening)

mtbikeguru, Nov 01, 2008
3.48/5  rDev -19.4%

A: Nothing too special in this department. A urine yellow color with a decent white head that quickly fades

S: Smell a citrus, piney scent off the bat. Malts in the middle and a slight hop scent on the backend. Not getting too much special off of his brew.

T: Wow, this one surprised me in a bad way. After seeing some of the reviews, I was really gunning for this one. Tastes like citrus apple flavored sparkling water. Not much else going on.

M: Very smooth with a hint too much carbonation, but still very good in this category.

D: This one is exceptionally drinkable mainly because it tastes like a sparkling water and not like a beer.

All in all, this brew disappointed me. If you like a refreshing beer comparable to sparkling water, then this is for you. If you like heavy hops or malts, then this one might not be for you. Good to try at least once to give it a chance, but otherwise, I do not recommend.

steve8robin, Feb 17, 2010
3.45/5  rDev -20.1%

This beer was a 12 ounce bottle from a 4 pack purchased from Kappy's Liqours in Falmouth MA. $8.99 for the 4 pack.

Appearance: It reminded me exactly of a cloudy clover honey,the golden color was quite beautiful. The bottle was a borderline "gusher" and produced a monster fluffy white head.

Smell: Slightly floral with hints of herb.

Taste: What really hit me was the sweetness of this brew, once again the honey analogy. The aftertaste had a hint of mint and a very slight hop which was very slight in my opinion. I had no burn from the 9% alcohol, in fact had I not know from reading the bottle I wouldnt have believed it.

Mouthfeel: Creamy would about sum it up nicely I should think, creamy and smooth.

Notes: Overall a fine beer, I dont think I would want to partake in multiples of this one in a session though, not for the alcohol content mind you , but more for the pervading sweetness of the drink. I tasted none of the tartness that some of the other reviewers detected however I still have 3 brews to go so I shall update the review as needed.

6470zzy, Sep 17, 2006
3.45/5  rDev -20.1%

NOTE: I simply am not a fan of tripels so my rating is biased

Have had numerous times in the bottle and finally rating this.

Pours hazy golden orange with an abundance of foam that disappears quickly.

Aroma is very floral, but a ton of bready yeast present. Some hints of lemon and cinnamon.

Flavor is mild sweet honey, then a pretty well balanced bitterness, but the yeast really dominates the flavor.

Medium bodied, lively carbonation that accentuates the flavor.

Overall, probably a very solid example of the style, but this is not a beer I return to often.

ChrisPro, Aug 12, 2010
3.45/5  rDev -20.1%

My first trippel and purchased due to rave reviews from friends. Initial pour had lots of white head, yellow-irange in color. Aroma of citrus at first, but with another smell I was able to pick out some bananas. Active palate, with plenty of carbonation. Had a yeasty, citrusy taste. Finish was bitter and alcoholic. At first I wasn’t that big a fan, but as I sipped more, I enjoyed it and detected some peppery taste. I guess I'm not much of a coriander guy. I particularly enjoyed the last of the 750 ml bottle. A good beer and I’m glad I tried it.

MaxxDaddy, Nov 08, 2006
3.45/5  rDev -20.1%

Popped the cork on this, got a nice puff of smoke. Poured into a chalis, Cloudy Orange. Head faded fairly quicky leaving only traces around the edges.

Smell is cirus, tangerine, lime, orange maybe. Also some hops cutting through.

Noticed some malt flavor upon first sip that was not really present on the smell, but defineatle present in tasting. Good amount of carbonation but still seemed kind of flat, I guess the lack of any head may account for some of that, Alcohol noticeable on the finish
but other than that, it's disguised very well. not bad, not as good as I expected. Paid $8 for this bottle but would probably only pay about $5 or so. Overpriced for the quality in my opinion.

ReebShorts, Aug 18, 2005