La Fin Du Monde - Unibroue

La Fin Du MondeLa Fin Du Monde

Unibroue visit their website
Quebec, Canada

Tripel |  9.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-23-1998)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of La Fin Du Monde Alström Bros
1.8/5  rDev -58.3%

Poured into tulip glass.

First off let me tell you I am not fond of Belgian Tripels but I keep trying different ones to see if my taste changes.

Poured a decent pale orange with a 2 finger head and lots of bubbles.

It smelled like a fruit bowl thats been sitting around for a little too long. Eh my stomach said dont do it.

I took the first sip and there it was. The taste I despise so much. It was the rotten over fermented fruit I find in all these beers. So so so unpleasant.

Along with the taste it was super thin and over carbonated and just terrible.

I gave drinkability a 2 but only because I thought if Im drunk enough I could probably gag a few down for the high ABV but I dont get drunk to much and will probably never do this.

oldpinecone, Aug 25, 2009

elspaniard, Aug 02, 2012

DocJitsu, Feb 19, 2012

b1515152004, Jun 15, 2013

tmars13, Aug 21, 2012

Sorry, maybe I got a bad bottle. If nothing else the clove aroma and taste is something that is totally a turn off to me. I did try to finish the bottle by holding my nose, still had a strong after taste of clove. I must be the only one out of 25k reviews that couldn't drink it. I can't handle "Any" clove no matter what it's used in.

Good for all that like this beer! Was not in my realm of drinkability .

I still have a bomber left.

DrDaves49, Jun 20, 2013

Pours out looking like a bubble bath of apple juice. Looks like a hefeweizen/champagne. Bubbles aplenty.

Aroma is a fruity sensation: apples, pears, banana creme, marshmallows, champagne.

Tastes like an unripe apple as a wine. Mouthfeel is sparkling for a split second, then dry, sweet, sharp, bitter, and yeasty. I taste apple and pear in this one. Aftertaste is dry soap and yeast.

As a hefe I probably wouldve enjoyed this one ten fold - since I'm interested in the flavors presented. It's just too dry for my taste. I see this doesnt go underappreciated, though.

I'll have to find someone to give the rest of this 4-pack to.

grindcore666, Nov 11, 2005

BcOneSeven, Jul 20, 2014

Pillowburn, Feb 15, 2012

CDubbs75, Aug 09, 2014

kinolust, Feb 11, 2012
2.23/5  rDev -48.4%

Hello from a newbie.

This beer was poured from a large bottle into a Duvel tulip.

Color is a cloudy caramel gold. The mocha head was less than a finger and dissipated rapidly. No lace on the glass.

I don't know but I think I smell Musk, maybe beacause of the Canadian influence but I do smell Musk.

Taste is otherworldly. I never tasted a beer like this. It has a perfume taste to it. I don't think I like it. The aftertaste smacks of citrus and seems to linger.

Mouthfeel is not pleasant.

Overall I would not buy this beer again. It might be good on a hot humid day to quench a bout of drymouth. But for a Friday night beer I don't think so.

EdTheEdge, Apr 29, 2011
2.23/5  rDev -48.4%

Poured a cloudy opaque light brown colour with a tan head. It smelled yeasty and citrusy. The taste was strongly of cloves. There were also citrus notes and peppery hops. It was somewhat sweet and had some yeasty notes. Not as overbearing as I feared from the smell. However, the clove taste was too strong to be pleasant. It was the primary character of the beer. The actual ingredient was probably coriander, I suppose, which is frequently used to flavour trippels. However, I found its overbearing character unpleasant. It didn't form a piece of the beer's character. Rather, it was probably covering many other notes it may have had.

ElCommodoro, Apr 20, 2011