La Fin Du Monde - Unibroue

La Fin Du MondeLa Fin Du Monde

Unibroue visit their website
Quebec, Canada

Tripel |  9.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-23-1998)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of La Fin Du Monde Alström Bros

Had this beer a few times and I don't see why it's such a great beer. I've had my fair share of great beers, but La Fin Du Monde for me is an overrated beer, one that overshadows many other great Canadian beers such as Creemore Springs, which I think is a far superior tasting beer than this. Personally, I think this beer doesn't rival Unibrue's Blanche De Chambly. The taste is very fruity and it has a high alcohol content. This is one of my least favorite beers, and I don't recommend it.

Sorry, maybe I got a bad bottle. If nothing else the clove aroma and taste is something that is totally a turn off to me. I did try to finish the bottle by holding my nose, still had a strong after taste of clove. I must be the only one out of 25k reviews that couldn't drink it. I can't handle "Any" clove no matter what it's used in.

Good for all that like this beer! Was not in my realm of drinkability .

I still have a bomber left.

Pours out looking like a bubble bath of apple juice. Looks like a hefeweizen/champagne. Bubbles aplenty.

Aroma is a fruity sensation: apples, pears, banana creme, marshmallows, champagne.

Tastes like an unripe apple as a wine. Mouthfeel is sparkling for a split second, then dry, sweet, sharp, bitter, and yeasty. I taste apple and pear in this one. Aftertaste is dry soap and yeast.

As a hefe I probably wouldve enjoyed this one ten fold - since I'm interested in the flavors presented. It's just too dry for my taste. I see this doesnt go underappreciated, though.

I'll have to find someone to give the rest of this 4-pack to.

2.23/5  rDev -48.4%

Hello from a newbie.

This beer was poured from a large bottle into a Duvel tulip.

Color is a cloudy caramel gold. The mocha head was less than a finger and dissipated rapidly. No lace on the glass.

I don't know but I think I smell Musk, maybe beacause of the Canadian influence but I do smell Musk.

Taste is otherworldly. I never tasted a beer like this. It has a perfume taste to it. I don't think I like it. The aftertaste smacks of citrus and seems to linger.

Mouthfeel is not pleasant.

Overall I would not buy this beer again. It might be good on a hot humid day to quench a bout of drymouth. But for a Friday night beer I don't think so.

2.23/5  rDev -48.4%

Poured a cloudy opaque light brown colour with a tan head. It smelled yeasty and citrusy. The taste was strongly of cloves. There were also citrus notes and peppery hops. It was somewhat sweet and had some yeasty notes. Not as overbearing as I feared from the smell. However, the clove taste was too strong to be pleasant. It was the primary character of the beer. The actual ingredient was probably coriander, I suppose, which is frequently used to flavour trippels. However, I found its overbearing character unpleasant. It didn't form a piece of the beer's character. Rather, it was probably covering many other notes it may have had.

La Fin Du Monde from Unibroue