La Fin Du Monde - Unibroue

La Fin Du MondeLa Fin Du Monde

Unibroue visit their website
Quebec, Canada

Tripel |  9.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-23-1998)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of La Fin Du Monde Alström Bros

3.25/5  rDev -24.8%

4.4/5  rDev +1.9%

Brown with gold hints, and a pleasing aroma of yeast and citrus fruit. It strikes a great balance between fruit and yeast flavors too, along with some sweet floral notes. Quite carbonated, with no overpowering alcohol flavors. Refreshing enough to be consumed in hot weather, yet warming enough to be consumed in the winer. Well done!

This ale pours out a hazy copper color with a huge white head that laces and retains quite well.
The aroma is yeasty, fruity and has a slight amount oh hop presence.
The flavor begins very fruity and then gives off a strong clove flavor followed by yeast and more fruit. I detect apples mixed with black cherries. There is also a slight hop presence near the finish.
Mouth feel is medium in body and actively carbonated.

Another quality ale by Unibroue

4.75/5  rDev +10%

4.25/5  rDev -1.6%

A slow pour into my snifter rewards me with a finger of effervescent head. This is gone in a little under a minute, leaving just some bubbles and a thin ring. Lacing tries to cling to the glass, but like a 70 year old man without a blue pill, it just doesn't stay up.

First whiff is lightly sour apple. A hint of clove, some grapes, yeast and banana follow. Digging deeper reveals coriander with the cloves.

Yeast and a hint of wheat are very apparent at the start. Hints of grape follows and transitions into banana. Light hay, clove and coriander finish her off. It takes many sips to find all flavors, this is a very complex brew.

Very strong carbonation up front. The body is light-medium. Ending is lightly bitter.

4.1/5  rDev -5.1%

A- This is the 1st tripel I've ever had and right off the bat, I'm impressed with the 750ml bottle, and the cork top plus wire that's holding it down. The cork popped once taken out, like a semi-sparkling wine...great so far. I soft poured on an angle into my glass and only filled about half way due to the impressive foamy white head that kept swelling. The coloring is a hazy amber/off orange with some noticable carbonation. This looks like a real winner!

S- This is very complex! First thing I noticed was a rich yeasty aroma, like fresh bread with melted butter on it. There's definately some baking spices in there as well, plus flowery alcohol aromas, some nuttiness, lots of malt and even some tropical fruits. Every whiff brings something different to the table on this one!

T- Again, many different flavors come to life in this. First thing that I notice is the spiciness of the beer. Reminds me somewhat of gingerbread cookies. I tasted the tropical fruits, and even some tart citrus notes. Once through these tastes, the maltiness of the brew comes to life, especially in the finish, along with some balanced hops and there is a heavy yeasty flavor that I detected. Great stuff!

M- I have to agree with a previous review in the fact that this beer seems to get a fuller body the more it is enjoyed. I noticed as I made my second pour that the consistancy was thicker than the first. The first half is much more bubbly and the second half is very creamy on the palate....I like it more the longer I'm drinking it.

D- I've decided that this is a very near perfect beer, but it is full bodied....that and the fact that I had 3/4 of a litre and I've had as much as I can handle for a night. This would definately be enjoyable with an old cheddar cheese. I recommend this beer for anyone who truly enjoys the finer brews in life and think this would be a great beer to celebrate with! With that said though, this beer is, in my opinion, a sipping beer and a single bottle would suffice for an entire evening.

La Fin Du Monde from Unibroue