Lagunitas PILS (Czech Style Pilsner) - Lagunitas Brewing Company

Lagunitas PILS (Czech Style Pilsner)Lagunitas PILS (Czech Style Pilsner)

good

Lagunitas Brewing Company visit their website

Czech Pilsener |  6.20% ABV

(Beer added by: beertaster13 on 02-17-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lagunitas PILS (Czech Style Pilsner) Alström Bros

JupiterJesus, Nov 15, 2011

Donsmitty, Dec 06, 2011

Jhuntpt, Sep 30, 2014

I've had many a pilsner here in the United States and in Germany and I was VERY inpressed with this beer. When I poured it into my pilsner glass, I got a perfect head and the most beautifu cascade of bubbles swirling up from the bottom of the glass that I have ever seen. It look just like to BMC commercials do except THEIR beers don't behave like that. Even now, 15 min into my beer , it is still cascading to keep the head alive.

Te aroma was very Czech like, the hop aroma was very european. Classy & clean.

I was worried before my first sip that the carbonation would be to much, but it was perfect... very nice mouthfeel. Great body to the beer and the taste was crisp clean and super refreshing. I know that those are all the cliche's that you always hear, but this time it was absolutly true.

This is my favorite pilsner and I highly reccomend it.

Another homerun Lagunitas!!!

heytomcat, Jun 18, 2013

bobbilance, Aug 28, 2013

KC9LDB, Oct 29, 2014
4.9/5  rDev +35%

This is probably one of my top five non-german brews, and certainly top ten overall. I would give a detailed description, but it would be a waste of time, this beer hits the mark in all catagories:Smell,drinkability,taste,mouthfeel, everything! My recommendation, buy it, you wont regret it.

gatorguy813, Aug 13, 2008
4.83/5  rDev +33.1%

Pours a deep golden color with a big white head. A very slight haze. Head fades quickly to a wispy veil on top. A good swirl brings out another round of foam. Good lacing all the way down.
Classic lager aroma, not over powering, of noble hops and a hint of malty character.
Taste is dry and spicy with a nice dry finish.
Sprite and lemony in the mouth.
Refreshing. I could down a couple of these babes, coming off the beach down in Cape May.
Drink well my friends

micromaniac129, Sep 26, 2010
4.79/5  rDev +32%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

This is a nice Czech style Pilsner.
Apperance: golden with nice white head but no lacing
Smell: Czech hop smell and straw like sent
Taste: crisp clean and bitter character expected from a Pilsner, hop prescience is ago adequate and a sulphur quality
Overall a nice Pilsner

Feel_the_Darkness, Aug 20, 2014

creez, Mar 09, 2012

mythaeus, Aug 02, 2013
4.7/5  rDev +29.5%

$1.80 for a single at Jacks. Filtered. Pours out to a brilliantly clear straw golden...perfect pils color. Forms a rocky white head with average retention and sparse lacing. The aroma is crisp, fresh, clean pale malts and a subtle Saaz floral hopiness. Mouthfeel is crisp with a nice acidity and smooth finish. Medium-light body. The taste is great...lots of nice Euro malts up front with pleasant grassiness, a floral and citric nice hop bite, an expertly balanced bitterness and ends in a subtle grain husk sweetness. Wow. No off-flavors.

This is a world-class pils. Defining for the style and full of flavor, yet oh-so-easy to drink. I love this brew. Highly recommended. I will be buying much more!

Mitchster, Oct 31, 2007
4.68/5  rDev +28.9%

Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a Pilsner Urquell pilsner glass.

Appearance: Pours a crystal clear, bright, golden color with lots of carbonation bubbles visible. Has large, rocky head that dissipates slowly and leaves considerable lacing.

Smell: Smells of grainy, grassy hops with a hint of maltiness. Has a clean nose like most pilsners.

Taste: Now this is a pilsner! Strong hoppy and biscuity flavors permeate throughout this beer. The hops tend towards the grassy/grainy variety but there are hints of citric hops in here as well. Perfectly balanced with a pleasant aftertaste, this is really quite fantastic.

Mouthfeel: Crisp and refreshing, yet surprisingly full-bodied.

Drinkability: A superior pilsner and one I'd certainly have again without hesitation. Czech-style pilsners have a special place in my heart and this one is definitely the best American interpretation of the style I've had. It also makes me more interested in trying some of Lagunitas' other offerings. Way to go Lagunitas on this one!

wahhmaster, Jan 31, 2011
4.63/5  rDev +27.5%

Well, I've been searching for a pilsner close to those I had in Prague (check my avatar...that's one of them). This is very close, and very good. The hops present this lager with a nice crisp feel and spicey taste, one thing that keeps me on ales. I'm not a malt head, and don't like the lingering effects of most lagers.
A bright, clear persimmon color with a moderate head. Could look better, but it's just fine.
Clove, coriander, and lemon zest hint in the nose. Fresh. Green grass, possibly.
Taste is great, I almost give it a 5...but rarely do that with any beer. Hops balance this beer well, maybe too much for a true pilsner, but I like it. Feels great, tingly, crisp.
Gonna have to have more of this. A step shy of the Prague beers, but very good nonetheless

Mebuzzard, May 11, 2009