Hop Stoopid - Lagunitas Brewing Company

Hop StoopidHop Stoopid

Lagunitas Brewing Company visit their website

(Beer added by: lou91 on 03-07-2007)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Hop Stoopid Alström Bros
3.75/5  rDev -10.5%

avisong, Apr 13, 2012
3.25/5  rDev -22.4%

vbiliyar, Apr 13, 2012
4.15/5  rDev -1%

22oz bottle poured into tulip.

A - Clear, shiny copper with a thin white head.

S - Pleasant aroma of tropical fruit, peaches, pine needle, and sweet caramel malt.

T - Tasty blend of bitter tropical fruit, earthy pine and sweet caramel. Hops dominant throughout, but the malt does lend some balance. Not as complex as some other double IPAs, but the flavor here is still very good.

M - Incredibly clean, smooth, and crisp. Medium bodied with decent carbonation and some stickiness. Dry finish.

O - An excellent double IPA from Lagunitas. Above average for the style, and highly drinkable. Also very affordable for such a high quality beer.

mooseo, Apr 13, 2012

schopenhauerale, Apr 12, 2012

tizride, Apr 12, 2012
4.43/5  rDev +5.7%

Served from a bottle into a pint glass

A: The color is lighter amber than I usually see in a DIPA and crystal clarity. Small ivory head that dissipates quickly, lots of bubbles showing the carbonation of this brew.

S: Pine, mango and I can't pin point the type of hops but I wish I could.

T: Very carbonated and light for an 8% DIPA, sooo smooth. The hops are not overwhelming but just perfect. Stoopid good choice of hops.

M: Carbonation brings tingles to the tongue.

O: I have had this beer several times and don't remember it being this complex. There are so many flavors that can be drawn from this beer. Thank you Lagunitas.

caryt, Apr 12, 2012

hackedfly, Apr 12, 2012
3.63/5  rDev -13.4%

Poured from a brown 22 oz. bottle. Has a golden/orange color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is big on hops, some citrus. Taste is stoopid hops, very bitter, some citrus notes, more bitterness, alcohol is well hidden. Feels full bodied and bitter in the mouth and overall should scratch the itch of your average hop head.

tone77, Apr 11, 2012

cletetron, Apr 11, 2012

pierceska, Apr 11, 2012
4.4/5  rDev +5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A- amber appearance with a one finger white head that disapates.

S- pine, citrus, floral hops, mango, sweet malt, and pineapple.

T- bitter hops, pine, tropical fruits, malt subtle but present, and alcohol.

M- syrupy mouthfeel with medium carbonation and a strong lingering bitterness.

O- I thouroughly enjoyed this beer. I have had this beer on a few different occasions in the past and I forgot how good it is. I am glad Lagunitas is expanding because I really want to try all the Hop Stoopid variants.

Giovacchini, Apr 11, 2012

macrosmatic, Apr 10, 2012

desperado28, Apr 10, 2012

Bockerdoppel91, Apr 10, 2012
4.5/5  rDev +7.4%

WOW! I was stunned by this beer! I don't know why, I had very low expectations for this beer and it totally blew my expectations away. What a wonderful find, especially for the price!

The thing I don't understand with this beer is the IBU's. Maybe I let this beer sit around too long which could very well be, but I didn't get much bitterness at all with this beer. Even with that, I gave this beer a nice rating. A VERY citrusy beer, and I like it! I may come back and edit this review once I try a nice fresh bottle.

MichPaul, Apr 10, 2012

muskiesman, Apr 09, 2012

elevatedgreens, Apr 09, 2012

biercycle, Apr 08, 2012

Andrew4321, Apr 08, 2012

Bkin, Apr 07, 2012
3.73/5  rDev -11%

Poured from a bomber into a pint glass. Reviewed live.

A- Very thin white head. No retention. No lacing. Crystal clear reddish gold color. Nice carbonation.

S- Very pungent citrus hops. Grapefruit and lemon smells. Hop forward, but pleasant aroma.

T- Surprisingly not as hop-forward as I would have expected. Might be "too bitter to taste," for me. 102 IBUs seem high enough. Piney, grapefruit and sour flavor with a definite bitter kick at the end. Crisp and tasty.

M- Crisp with a little bite, fairly dry feel.

O- Not bad at all. Thought it was going to destroy my tastebuds with hops, but was very reasonable and tasty.

Murrhey, Apr 07, 2012