Hop Stoopid - Lagunitas Brewing Company

Hop StoopidHop Stoopid

Lagunitas Brewing Company visit their website

(Beer added by: lou91 on 03-07-2007)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Hop Stoopid Alström Bros
4.45/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Fom a 22oz bomber in a room temp pint glass.

A- clear golden-light orange color with a mega three-finger head and lots of sticky lacing.

S- citrus and pine hops battle to the finish. Dry and oily resin aroma as well.

T-Liqiud pine hops cascade accross the palate to start. Smooth citrus hop flavors follow. A dry hop bitterness finish. Yummy.

M- medium, with decent carbonation. Slightly oily and dry. I thought that it may be thicker.

O- 102 I.B.U. for U is BEEE-U-T-FULL!!
This is agood looking,tasting, and smelling beer that hides it's 8.0% abv with aroma and flavor. A drinkable winner.

3.75/5  rDev -10.5%

4.53/5  rDev +8.1%

This was my first beer from Lagunitas and I enjoyed it a lot. Im in an alcohol controlled state and I can still pick up a 22 oz bottle at a local store for $5.50

The moment I started pouring this stuff out the smell just hit me. There was no need at all to put your nose up to it.

Most bitter beer I have had before this is either arrogant bastard or nugget nectar. They are all pretty close, but I think the Hop Stoopid has them beat by a bit. After the 3rd/4th sip it starts to even out real nice. Hop heads will enjoy this one

Will be buying this again for sure!

4.48/5  rDev +6.9%

Always a pleasure to drink a DIPA with such a lovely nose redolent of great BC bud. The smell lingered to the last drop while the hops in the beer never overpowered the malt backbone. like most Lagunitas beers balance was the key to making this such a great big beer. I felt like having another though the 8% was apparent pretty quick.

4.93/5  rDev +17.7%

Poured from a 22oz bottle into a long-stemmed, Saxo tulip glass.

A- Pours a clear golden (filtered) with a full, 2-fingers worth of white head which lingers quite nicely.

S- Absolutely exceptional! Citrus hops killing you all the way with a faint hint of pine...but citrus (orange, grapefruit, tangerine, lemon) is/are overwhelmingly prevalent.

T- Citrus, white grapefruit citrus! Hops are the most prominent but the malt does not fail to support it.

O- Although (Lagunitas) Maximus (Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale, and Double Trouble) has/have been my standard for the last year, Hop Stoopid raises the bar and now is my standard for the ultimate DIPA...I will now use this as my standard for this style of beer. I just wish they offer this libation in 12oz bottles.

Cheers to beers,
B

3.25/5  rDev -22.4%

4.25/5  rDev +1.4%

4.25/5  rDev +1.4%

4.4/5  rDev +5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

A wonderful value purchase. A bomber of Hop Stoopid for $4.59 at my local Giant Eagle Market District. My girlfriend and I have clean snifters in our hands and await the pour.

Yellow-orange off the pour. Slightly hop-hazed. Tried to give it some air on the pour, but I barely got a quarter of an inch. Just a white ring and scummy foam film. 3.5

Tropical fruits, citrus, and resinous pine in that incredible nose. Pineapple, papaya, unripe mango, oak wood, tree sap, and pink grapefruit. If that ain't some kinda incredible combo... well, you tell me! Malts = toasted; hops = magical. 4.5

Yessir, that's one bitter beer face Imma wearin', and that's a good thing. The oily, resin hops in the aroma have transformed into something very leafy and green and clean. Oranges bump up on the chart and make the Top 5 with grapefruit, papaya, and herbal hops taking the top three spots. Mango drops out of sight, while a stunning entry at #4 is freshly mowed lawn. Okay, in all seriousness, this beer is off-the-hook humulus. Pretty dry for the style, but finishes fruit sweet. All 102 IBUs come at you with vim and vigor, covering your mouth with a choloroform-soaked rag just as your ready to compliment the toasted caramel malts and subtle alcohol. Yep, this beer is viscious. Tastes a lot like Sixpoint Resin, if Resin had a tropical fruit bouquet and more bitterness. 4.5

Medium body, and a sudsy-to-medium carbonation. Alcohol is slowly creeping in. It made me forget that I already had a cigarette lit. 4.0

What can I say now? I love buying this for cheap, I love reading the surrealist blurb about Mikey on the side of the bottle, I'm happy with the strange image of the unsturdy-looking cabin on the label, the hop nose rocks, the taste is a bitter rejoicing, the feel is much above-par... I mean, this beer is 'Stoopid' good. 4.5

Hop Stoopid from Lagunitas Brewing Company