Hop Stoopid - Lagunitas Brewing Company

Hop StoopidHop Stoopid

Lagunitas Brewing Company visit their website

(Beer added by: lou91 on 03-07-2007)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Hop Stoopid Alström Bros
far333

3.73/5  rDev -11%

A finger of steam rises up out of the top of the bottle immediately after the cap is popped, and goes right up the nose with smells of honey and hops.

Pours crystal clear light copper color with swarms of fine bubbles running from bottom to top. An inch thick cap of tightly bubbled orangey-beige foam rises up and slowly sizzles down.

Inviting aroma of sweet tangerine and floral notes, some honey and cinnamon.

Flavor is a good balance of malt and hops. Starts out sweet citrus, morphs to honey and fruit, moves to grapefruit rind, then piney bitterness builds, followed by a hard-edged burnt marshmallow. Pine and honey linger. An odd sweetness rides benath and rises up and intrudes on the bitterness occasiionally.

Moderate mouthfeel, a little slippery, not overly full or creamy. Tasty beer, pretty drinkable, but something about it isn't coming together for me.

03-26-2009 00:04:16 | More by far333
bwd110

3.9/5  rDev -6.9%

Bomber poured into trusty pint glass.

A - deep golden amber, great clarity to this brew! Nice fluffy 1 inch head. Great lacing throughout. This beer is certainly carbonated nicely.

S - Soooo, there are hops in this beer? Huge blast of pine hops, undertones of fresh citrus and grapefruit. Slight alcohol esters present, no sweet or yeasty notes detected. This one tells you it is all about the hop.

T - A slight letdown from the aroma, hops immediately hit you, but not nearly as strong as the nose would imply. After the initial hop bitterness, there is a big drop off in taste where a healthy dose of malt would balance the hops well. Instead, there is only a faint malt base, but I gotta say the beer is very smooth and the lack of malt does not kill this one for me. Finishes crisp and dry with one final hop kick in the pants.

M - Smooth and silky, medium body, really good carbonation.

D - Surprisingly good, could have a few of these and not walk away with a completely obliterated palate, my sobriety would be in question, however

All in all, I was a little perplexed with the difference between the nose and the overall flavor of this dipa, but as it warmed and the deeper into the bomber I got, the more I enjoyed this one. Will definitely revisit this one soon.

03-25-2009 13:50:34 | More by bwd110
ROBORB

4.33/5  rDev +3.3%

Served into a tulip from a bomber this beer pours a nice golden orange hue with a 1 finger head that stays on the glass from start to finish. The smell is fantastic. I could pick up strong grapefruit notes, honey, and pine perhaps. The taste is bitter at first with a good sweetness to mellow it out. As this beer warms I am really liking how it becomes lighter on the palate. This is a fantastic Double IPA and should be bought when found.

03-25-2009 03:35:21 | More by ROBORB
khiasmus

South Carolina

4.08/5  rDev -2.6%

The clarity is excellent. I can hear the piper from miles away. A white cap that wisps against the walls, and a few bubbles rushing to the surface.
The song was one of olde, the aromatics of grapefruit thrown against a freshly cut pine sapling, lying next to the mound of freshly tilled earth and the piles of freshly cut grass. I can hardly remember the melody, but my heart leaps when I hear it...
The balance is excellent, orange cream-sickle with the peel thrown in, a dense malt-syrup note that is overridden by the bitter finish, but leaves a sense of completeness, of wholeness. Funny how something so bitter can yet be so sweet... it's the way of art, I suppose.
And the feeling is full, almost creamy, with the finish being dry. However, the spiciness could have been brought out far better had the carbonation been a bit higher.
One would love to perch atop a hill and hear the piper in the fresh breeze, as this beverage was consumed. One would hardly believe the apparent level of bitterness, for it seems to be easily enjoyable, far too easy to throw back a twenty-two quickly. I close my eyes and picture the scene... A small price to pay for this experience. Four dollars, ninety-nine cents! A small price indeed.

03-24-2009 20:32:00 | More by khiasmus
IronDjinn

Alberta (Canada)

4.6/5  rDev +9.8%

From a brown 22 oz. bomber, this version is 7.7%. Pours out a burnished copper hue in appearance with impressive clarity, crisp and clear as they say. Tall tight cream coloured head that recedes slowly, leaving thick foamy horizontal watermarks of lacing in its wake, and valleys of hoodoos forming the remaining cap.

The aroma is every hop bomb lover's dream come true, a clean robust olfactory slap and tickle of pine needles and ruby grapefruit rind. Notes of orange, citrus, and a mild earthy spice as well. I wish someone would make this into a perfume or cologne...

Flavour is surprisingly clean throughout, some buried semblance of what could be an unobtrusive biscuity malt holds up the well-behaved stampede of 102 I.B.U.'s worth of hops body surfing across the palate, where an explosion of astringency occurs on the finish and well into the aftertaste. One might have to wait for low tide until this lingering hoppy aftertaste finally subsides. Yeah, the use of hop extract was really well-played in this instance. Definitely not a balanced ale, but certainly uniform and consistent.

Mouthfeel is fuller yet smooth, and lacks the slick oiliness that I was anticipating on the finish. There's a bit of a soapy texture, but really hardly noticeable considering the how high the hop presence actually is. Very well contained.

What can I say, you know why you bought this bottle--buy the ticket and take the trip--and it delivers the goods in a civilized hoptastic manner. A great DIPA, I'll definitely be going back for more.

03-24-2009 18:20:37 | More by IronDjinn
photomike

3.95/5  rDev -5.7%

Let me tell you guys a story. It's a happy story, a sad story, a hoppy story, a stoopid story. This is about the first time I had Lagunitas Hop Stoopid.

I have to tell you all I was skeptical. Despite being relatively new to the beer game, I'm a bit tired of hop this, hop that, "THIS hop bomb is the new hip thing, blah blah." Look folks, I've had both the Plinys, and I really can't fathom a hop bomb being significantly better than both of them. That said, I drink every hyped up DIPA with a grain of salt. This was no exception.

It poured a tall, clear, light amber color with a tall, fluffy white head into my dad's tall, clear pilsner glass. Very good looking beer with pretty respectable head retention. Nice so far.

The smell was even better. Big time hops. Like what I imagine walking through a west coast hop garden (orchard? vineyard?) would be like. Big time pine and grapefruit.

I brought the glass to my lips, very excited for what lay before me.

Jesus H., that is a LOT of hops. This beer hits you in the face with bitter. I don't know what the other reviewers are saying about this thing not living up to the 102 IBUs; I can't even believe the amount of bitter hoppiness in this beer.

I swear to you, my first reaction tasting this beer was. oooh man. Jokes on us, people. Lagunitas is CLEARLY just mocking all us beer geeks with this one. "Ha ha, look at those little fools falling for anything that puckers their little hopholes."

You know what this is like? This is like the time I stole a hop pellet from the Stone brewery tour and ate it. Seriously. That much concentrated hop flavor.

I kid you not, an hour and a half and one toothbrushing later, I can STILL taste the bitterness on the back of my tongue. I even used that little tongue scrapy pad on the back of my toothbrush! Ridiculous.

I didn't like it. At first. But as soon as my tongue poked its head out of its invisible turtle shell, I was back in business. My little 'buds were freaked out for a minute there, but things were getting better. A lot better.

With every sip this beer improved until I accepted it for what it is.

Hop Stoopid is not a balanced beer. It's not.

What we have here is a beer intended to see just how hoppy we can get a beer and still have it be enjoyable. And I think that is exactly what it is. Any hoppier and this stoopid little guy would not have been tasty at all.

The mouthfeel is dominated by the tightening of my tongue muscles near the bitterness receptors, but other than that, it is pretty clean. Not a lot of residual coating or burn from the high ABV or carbonation.

Drinkability is pretty damn high when you consider the ABV and IBU. Despite feeling a bit tipsy, I could have kept going after the bomber was gone.

A gimmick beer, maybe, but Hop Stoopid is just stoopid enough to work.

03-24-2009 05:26:29 | More by photomike
everetends

Alabama

3.9/5  rDev -6.9%

22 oz bomber I picked up at Green's off Ponce in Atlanta, GA. Been hearing a lot about this beer and when I saw it was less than 4 bucks for a bomber, why not? Served up in my trusty DFH shaped pint. LETS DO IT!

A: Well, it looks like a good example of some DIPA. Has that golden orange color that is pretty vibrant. Held to the light, a bit more yellow shines through. This beer has some cloudiness to it, and kudos there. The head was about a half finger that fell quickly to a thick white ring. That ring does have good deal of retention and it has a good amount of stickiness to it. Got some web like lacing on the glass. Getting a very lazy amount of carbonation from the look. Still its above average, but its not amazing.

S: Holy balls, we found the hops. Getting a ton of hops presence from many different areas. First hop smack is that pine resin you just can't miss. Getting some citrus hops with a healthy, breakfast sized serving of fresh grapefruit. After that comes a bit of earthy/spicy hops that has some medicinal bite to it. You get just a faint amount of some pale malt, but I think I may be stretching there. Gotta give it props because it does live up to its nam fo sho.

T: Yet again, hops going on here. This is actually almost too much at time. This beers hops seem to roll like a wave. At first its not too bad, you get some nice citrus presence that is cool and refreshing. Then rolls in the pine resin with some bittering quality. The next wave is big time grapefruit that is actually puckering. Finishing here is that medicinal spicy and earthy hops. Just a ride on the bitter train. The malt half heartedly attempts to cool a bit, but to no avail. There is no way this pale malt can compete with the fuggin hops in here. I was torn between a 4 and 4.5, but I docked a notched because it really does at times feel like too much. Call me a vagina, I don't care.

M: This is a medium bodied brew that has that serious DIPA stickiness to it. I mean seriously. Sticky hops goodness rests on the palate almost undisturbed. Hard to get rid of. The palate is attacked with bitterness and this beer finishes very dry. This is really the only gripe I have in the feel category. The dryness kills the refreshing quality you get as you first sip. Nothing quells that dry feeling. Carbonation is pretty good. Aftertaste is tons of pine resin and medicinal hops.

D: Okay, I want to start off by saying I really enjoyed this beer. It truly is a trip to Hop Town. Tons of hops just really assault your palate and really challenge your palate. The smell is amazing. The hops just pour forth. The only bad spot is that dry feel. Really kills the drinkability for me. It is almost a chore at times to finish this off. With that said, I finished and I survived, and I enjoyed the experience. For the price you can't beat it, and absolutely worth checking out. I know I will pick up another from time to time to kill my palate.

03-24-2009 04:39:29 | More by everetends
jjanega08

4.45/5  rDev +6.2%

A= Pours a deep golden amber color that's completely clear and a small head rising and falling so fast I barely caught it. Not too interesting looking but I do enjoy low carbonation IPA's so maybe this will be a sweet a treat fro me.
S= First thing I notice is how ridiculously sweet it smelled like pineapple. The smell is quite fragrance coming off of this beer. citrus is heavily played on as well. Like an old orange almost comes to mind. One that's lost all of it acid and is just plain sweet. Pretty impressive.
T= Just like the smell led on its got a certain sweet hoppiness to it. Pineapple comes in to play but has fallen to the heavy grapefruit taste. If there was a pinefruit or a grapeapple or something this would be what it tastes like. Very nice
M= Lower carbonation like I expected. Very smooth and delicious
D= Pretty high. The alcohol % is a little frustrating its so good actually. Really gonna enjoy this one and I'm very happy I decided to try it. Awesome beer.

03-24-2009 00:33:28 | More by jjanega08
YesFest

3.9/5  rDev -6.9%

22 oz bomber poured into shotglasses for a fraternity power hour w/ straws. Just kidding.

When I opened up the bomber I smelled the hoproma right away, no need to pour it into my challice. Poured it in anyway, appearence was mild, modest head, thin, irregular lacing.

Aroma is a beast, it smells like a lot of hops. I wonder what it will taste like. I recognize that grapefruit boquet from some other heavy hitters. Brace for enamel erosion.

Pungeant, bitter. Especially hard hitting on the middle of the tounge. Seems to be virtually dextrin free, this is that west-coast "lets worsten the hop shortage crises" mentality that I read about. Quite insane.

Mouthfeel is pretty cool, oily with hop resins setting to work on my teeth like SC Johnson scrubbing bubbles. Hop oils seaking out and coating remote corners of my mouth that I had only daydreamed about on an absinthe bender.

That said, not terribly drinkable, a thin body but leaving you needing a significant break after each sip.

Over all, not exactly my thing, but certainly good for folks with a particular agenda. Amply named, since I can feel my neurons and dendrites getting humulene lube job.

03-24-2009 00:16:19 | More by YesFest
thespaceman

4.93/5  rDev +17.7%

Poured from 22oz bomber into a Lagunita's pint glass.

Appearance: Dark copper in color, pour shows a minimal size head, lots of bubbles flowing up the glass, lacing and retention are nicely shown.

Smell: WOW! Holy pine! This has a truely unique aroma. Lots of pine, citrus properties, and a huge wallop of grapefruit. A tinge of herbal grass notes are here but completley drowned out by such a big hop presence. One of the best smelling DIPA's I've come across.

Taste: Amazing taste, again, lots of pine and citrus up front, a small malt backbone is present but barely noticeable. Hops are fresh, sharp and very resinous. Lots of hop oil aftertaste in the finish here. No detectible alcohol in the taste, fruity esters give you a nice kick in the pants on the final stages of the sip.

Mouthfeel: Nicely carbonated, a bit wet but after having this, I wouldn't want it any other way. Malt presence is very small and it makes this beer on the lighter medium bodied side. Bitterness from the hops tops this beautiful beer off nicely.

Drinkability: I now completely understand the hype behind this diamond in the rough of a beer, if you love hops, you'll fall in love with this beer. At 7.7 ABV and only $4.00 a bomber, this is by far the best beer for the money I've ever had. The aromas are unique, the hops blast your tastebuds like a machine gun, and it goes down so easily, it would be hard not to have another bomber of this in a sitting. Lagunita's has always been a favorite of mine, but this brew has solidified this notion. A beer that every hop head should have in their arsenal at ALL TIMES! Truly a masterpiece.

03-23-2009 02:31:58 | More by thespaceman
Jimbo87

4.85/5  rDev +15.8%

In an oversized wine glass.

Clear copper, big pale head.

Smells like pineapple, pine, and citrus.

Taste: Sweetness up front, but then huge hops come in and they more than balance the sweetness. Hops profile is delicious, same as in the nose. Alcohol less noticeable than other examples of the style.

MF: medium body, not as thick as Hopslam or Hopsickle. Nice carbonation.

Drinkability is insanely high for the style. Tastes so wonderful, but isn't so big and boozy that you have to drink it slowly. Such a delicious beer. I want to do a side by side with hopslam, because I honestly am not sure which I like more. Highly recommended.

03-22-2009 18:57:08 | More by Jimbo87
DavoleBomb

4.58/5  rDev +9.3%

Bomber split with a buddy and poured into a pint glass.

3.5 A: Crystal clear light orange color. Frothy head dissipates quickly and leaves a decent amount of lacing.

4.5 S: Funky citrus and pine. Unique. Smells like it was dry-hopped for too long or something, but it still is amazing.

5.0 T: Holy shit it's good. Chock fucking full of hop flavor. Has the same citrus & pine funk in the smell. Bitterness perception is really really low, the 102 IBUs can kiss my ass. Awesome balance with crystal malt flavor packed in. Truly as awesome brew at an awesome price.

3.5 M: Medium body and could definitely be more creamy. This is the biggest flaw in the brew.

4.5 D: The taste is so damn good, that it almost eliminates the problems with the mouthfeel.

03-22-2009 03:59:30 | More by DavoleBomb
HopHead84

4.03/5  rDev -3.8%

I've been reading a lot about this and the last time I had it on tap I was pretty gone so my only recollection of it is "double IPA." I was at Olive Tree today and figured I'd give it a try.

Pours a clear dark gold with a massive head. The retention is outstanding, leaving scattered abysmal caverns as it recedes after five minutes. The lacing is thick and is everywhere on the glass.

The aroma has grassy and herbal hop notes to it, with some grapefruit. There's a sweet caramel malt backbone that makes for a well balanced aroma. No alcohol is noticeable. Hop extract, eh? Interestingly enough, the bottle reads 7.7% ABV, rather than the 8.2% listed on BA. Anyway. The label says 102 IBUs and I'm not sure I believe it. The hop bitterness is medium and decently balanced with some sweet crackery, bready malt. There aren't a lot of interesting hop flavors like I was hoping for. There's no overwhelming citrus (though it is there) or pine. The finish is bitter and the citrus is a bit more noticeable here, as well as the alcohol. Pretty good but nothing extraordinary here.

Medium bodied with good carbonation. The mouthfeel is sticky.

Overall it's a very solid offering, but nothing stands out. I'd like to try this on tap and see if it's any better.

03-22-2009 01:48:35 | More by HopHead84
Bierman9

New Hampshire

4.03/5  rDev -3.8%

Scored a growler of this, courtesy of the Lagunitas gang. Vielen Dank!! ;-)

Pours a medium golden hue. It is fairly clear, with no haze or cloudiness at all. Carbo is spread thin and slow moving. Head is short, stark white and fine. Recedes rapidly to a thin layer, mostly a rim-job, leaving nice lacing in the glass. Aroma is robust, with rindy grapefruit and even a touch of something mangoish. Body is a decent medium; no more, no less. Has a smidge of prickliness, but is mostly a smooth operator on the tongue.

Some malt sweetness hits the palate, with some subtle biscuit action present. It then quickly gets resiny and piney, with loads of pineapple and grapefruit slathering the mouth and tongue. These rindy lupulins linger long and hard. Overall? Not bad; decently made, though a little strong on the rindy character. The ABV also makes itself known thoughout the quaffing session.

Prosit!!

4.1
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | drink: 4

03-21-2009 21:44:19 | More by Bierman9
Durge

3.95/5  rDev -5.7%

From the bottle this looks a clear golden color with a decent off-white frothy cap and goodly lacing. The aroma is crazy citrus hops, grapefruit and a weak hint of bready malt. The flavor follows suit with lemony grapefruit and an odd apricot. There's a twisted licorice but it's pretty much about the hop overload. A bit much for me without having any malt balance. But it's certainly worth a try for the hopheads. Nice body, fair carbonation, crisp and pretty unique. Just sort of mutated hops in the flavor here that makes it less drinkable for me. My second pint seemed a little friendlier so maybe I will warm up to it more. I like it but I am short of praising it entirely.

03-21-2009 05:27:56 | More by Durge
jackorain

4.6/5  rDev +9.8%

Poured a crystal clear light amber or golden straw colored liquid topped with tall white head with decent retention and fantastic lacing effect.

Smells like grapefruit, grapefruit rind and pith. Other citrus fruits shine through in the middle as well including tangerine, lemon and orange. There is also a touch of caramel and biscuit in the end.

Grapefruit hops hit upfront like s rush. Sweetened grapefruit juice comes through in the middle. This is far from balanced but is very good none the less. The middle to end brings the tangerine from the nose and some caramel malt and a touch of biscuit a well. The finish is a huge bitter blow to the pallet that lingers for a very long time.

The body is medium to full and very viscous, almost oily. The carbonation is light to medium and balances out the body just enough.

Drinkability is quite high I am enjoying this beer.

Thanks for Reading

03-21-2009 02:14:43 | More by jackorain
Riverwarrior

4.2/5  rDev +0.2%

S = Huge blast of grapefruit followed by hints of pine and orange citrus.

T = This was like drinking carbonated pink grapefruit juice (which was all good). Grapefruit flavor was dominate with pine showing up near the end. A malty sweetness mingled with the bitter making for a very balanced, tasty beer. No alcohol detected.

MF = Medium body with moderate carbonation. Smooth and crispy.

Overall, this was a super delicious beer that was very refreshing and easy to drink. Highly recommended.

03-21-2009 01:47:18 | More by Riverwarrior
hoppyhobby

4.85/5  rDev +15.8%

A- A beautiful clear dark amber color with a creamy tan head. Excellent lacing.

S - The crisp aroma of grapefruit, citrusy hops makes your mouth water in anticipation of your first sip.

T - The taste is reflective of the aroma. This is an excellent ale for hop lovers. A superb micro-brew that contains just the right amount of bitterness that lets you know that your are not experiencing an ordinary beer. I'm always stupid for hops and this one is not disappointing.

M - A lasting flavor that keeps wanting to come back to the next sip. Clean and crisp.

D - A very drinkable ale for the hearty hop lovers. Good job Lagunitas, another one for the hit parade!

03-20-2009 21:09:15 | More by hoppyhobby
saintwarrick

South Carolina

4.55/5  rDev +8.6%

Sharp looking brew, mild orange or a light amber with a foamy white IPA head. Awesome aroma, very thick and piney with lots of citrus, grapefruit filling the room; fresh hop cones to the max. Taste is thick and meaty for an IPA of this strength; flexes a lot for 7.7 abv (so says the bottle); very syrupy like some DIPAs, but the alcohol is very restrained in this brew. Very well crafted in that regard. Thickness adds some piney notes, but a heavy citrus taste dominates, though its not nice and hoppy like most, this is more like grapefruit marmalade. Goes down nice and bitter, but very smooth.

Wow, a very well crafted brew, to pack in all this flavor and thickness and still not suffer from too much alcohol; very well done. A must try for the hop heads as this brew walks the IPA, DIPA line perfectly.

03-20-2009 05:48:09 | More by saintwarrick
Clydesdale

District of Columbia

4.35/5  rDev +3.8%

A: A clear, bright bronze-orange color. The head is rather large, fluffy, and off-white, with great retention and lacing.

S: Bright, sweet citric hops are most prevalent, suggesting mostly orange. Pineapple is also noticeable, with some tropical, papaya-esque notes as well. Very fragrant. Some vague biscuity malt as well, but this is thoroughly dominated by hops.

T: A thin dose of malt quickly followed by robust, sweet citric flavors - bitter orange and white grapefruit. Definite notes of pineapple and papaya as well. Some solid background bitterness, but it never takes over as one might expect. A bit piney in the bitterness.

M: Medium-full in body, and rather creamy. Light carbonation. Bitterness, while not outrageous, does create a dry finish.

D: Extremely tasty hop flavors in this one, without becoming the bitter bombshell the label suggested. I'm quite impressed by this, and Lagunitas has really been growing on me of late. Very good stuff.

03-20-2009 02:55:41 | More by Clydesdale
KBoudreau66

Picked up a 22 oz. bomber from Julio's in Westboro, MA

I was at my buddies house and couldn't find a snifter to use so I had to settle for a pint glass. It pours an excellent looking, very carbonated, gold color with two fingers of white head. Leaves frothy white lacing down the entire glass.

Smells of very strong piney and earthy hops. I couldn't really detect much else besides that. Perhaps a little bit of citrusy grapefruit in the undertone.

As I expected, the taste is right on with the smell. Very piney and earthy.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied and carbonated.

I thought this was a great DIPA. I almost walked out of the store without even noticing it, but I'm glad I did. It was only around $5 for a bomber. Not my favorite DIPA, but a solid offering that is worth trying.

03-19-2009 23:17:06 | More by KBoudreau66
Spikester

Oregon

4.83/5  rDev +15.3%

Clear dark amber with a very large three finger off white head. Very good amount of lacings. Aroma is big piney resinous hops. Taste is dark leathery citrus grapefruit orange hops with a just enough sweet rich malts. Mouthfeel is excellent and it is an easy drinker in spite of the 7.7% (on the label) abv. Exceptional beer. One of my new favorites in this style.

03-19-2009 23:11:18 | More by Spikester
pinotboy007

4.13/5  rDev -1.4%

A - Into a Duvel tulip, a beautiful deep gold with a nice carbo stream and a deep, rocky head that leaves sheets of lace. The head diminishes to a collar and each sip leaves its ring.

S - Grapefruit and pine/wet forest. Also has a bit of a tea-like scent. This is like perfume.

T - Lots going on here but the smell sums it up rather nicely. There's an interesting marmalade and Chinese spice component to this IPA that makes this all the more intriguing. It gets better as it warms.

M - Deft carbonation is there in support of the creaminess. Almost silky.

D - In spades - wonderful!

03-19-2009 22:29:03 | More by pinotboy007
DrDogbeer

4.7/5  rDev +12.2%

I just love this beer! I tried it first at the ACBF last year (about 8 samples worth) and have continued to hunt it down ever since.
Poured into a tulip- this one is a bright amber with a huge pillowy, off-white head. The smell is divine. TONS of citrusy, resiny hops dominate. Like smelling fresh squeezed tangerine with some weed thrown in. Stellar! Taste is similar- tons of citrusy and piney hops with a nice light malt backbone to not make you pucker. Good medium, slick mouthfeel and body. I could drink it all day. Send more my way!

03-19-2009 20:06:35 | More by DrDogbeer
dsa7783

4.88/5  rDev +16.5%

Hands-down, one of the best Imperial IPA's I've ever had the pleasure to sample...
This is more or less a clone of Troeg's Nugget Nectar... Heavy on the nectarine, tangerine, and orange essences...
Pours a copper/dark orange hue... No head, minimal lacing...
Orange-laden aroma with hints of sweet florals...
Excellent, strong, assertive flavor... nectarines, apricots, tangerines... exotic flavor...
Great stuff...
As with most classy brews, despite the hefty ABV, the alcohol is near impossible to detect...
Highly recommended...